Retail Property (high street) for saleThe Square, Findon, BN14 0TE
1,450 sq. ft.
- 1,450 sq ft (134 sq m)
- Use class orders: A1 Shops
Situation: Findon is north of Worthing in a valley between South Down hills. To the east lies Cissbury Ring, an Iron Age hill-fort just beneath which is Nepcote Green, scene of countless sheep fairs since the Middle Ages. It is a favoured small village, the tiny heart of which is The Square formed of close-built buildings mainly of 18th Century and earlier origin within the Conservation Area.
Approximate Distances: Findon is about four miles north of Worthing on the east side of A24 London road. It is about 16 miles from Horsham and 57 miles from central London.
The Building might well have been an ancient cruck-framed barn originally and over the years it has changed greatly. The building was for many years the well-known village store and following the retirement of the owner it is offered with vacant possession.
Services: All main services are connected or available.
The most recent planning consent was for a pair of cottages. This consent has recently expired and a buyer may choose to make use of the existing retail facility or alternatively re-apply for residential consent for one or two homes.
The expired planning consent mentioned above was given on 1st April 2010 for change of use, conversion and extension of the existing building to create two two-storey dwellings (Application reference FN/8/10/) subject to the following conditions:
1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of 3 years from the date of this permission.
2. No windows other than those shown on the plans hereby approved, shall be constructed at first floor level and in the roof in the north east elevation of the extension hereby permitted without the prior permission of the Local Planning Authority on an application in that behalf.
3. The roof light windows on the north east elevation of the extension shall at all times be glazed with obscured glass.
4. This permission relates to the following approved plans 1.01revA, 2.01revC, 1.02revA.
Conservation Area Consent (Application reference FN/9/10/CA) was also granted subject to two conditions:
1. The works for which Conservation Area Consent is hereby granted must be begun not later than the expiration of 3 years beginning with the date of this consent.
2. The building forming the subject of this application shall not be demolished before a contract for the carrying out of works of redevelopment of the site has been made and planning permission for the redevelopment for which the contract provides has been granted.
1. Any description or information given should not be relied upon as a statement or representation of fact or that the property or its services are in good condition.
2. Measurements, distances and aspects where quoted are approximate.
3. Any reference to alterations to, or use of any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations or other consent has been obtained.
4. The Vendor does not make or give, and neither Hamilton Graham nor any person in their employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property.
5. All statements contained in these particulars as to this property are made without responsibility on the part of Hamilton Graham.
Intending purchasers must satisfy themselves on these matters.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 419. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hamilton Graham, Steyning. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.