This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
5 bedroom house for sale
The Glen, Farnborough Park, Kent
- 2,756 sq ft
- 4 reception rooms
- 5 bedrooms
- Landscaped gardens
- Integral garage
The Glen is located in the prestigious and gated Farnborough Park. Within close proximity of Locksbottom village, with its local shopping facilities including a Sainsbury's superstore, public houses and restaurants including the popular Michelin rated Chapter One restaurant.
- Comprehensive Shopping: Orpington, The Glades in Bromley and Bluewater Shopping Centre.
- Mainline Rail Services:
Orpington (1.9 miles) to London Bridge (15 minutes), Waterloo East, Charing
Cross, Cannon Street, Victoria, Blackfriars and Ashford International.
- Primary Schools: Crofton, Darrick Wood and Keston.
- Secondary Schools: St Olaves, Newstead Wood for Girls, Darrick Wood, Ravenswood.
- Private Schools: Bromley High School, Bickley Park, Baston School, Eltham College for Boys in Mottingham, Farringtons and Babington House in Chislehurst.
- Motorway Links: The A21 Hastings Road leads to Junction 4 of the M25 giving access to Gatwick and Heathrow Airports, Channel Tunnel Terminus, Ebbsfleet International, the South Coast and Bluewater shopping centre.
Completed in 2002, Washford Pyne is a beautifully presented family home, offering substantial accommodation finished to a high standard throughout. Situated in the esteemed and gated Farnborough Park, Washford Pyne is a most desirable property.
Points of note include:
- Double glazed leaded light windows with wooden seals, spotlights, decorative wall panels, dado rails, coving, cornicing.
- Internal French doors to the dining and drawing room.
- Video entry system fitted upon entry, with two access points to the house.
- Fitted ceiling surround sound speakers to the kitchen, drawing room, family bathroom and both en suites.
- Solid oak front door.
- Reception hall features marble flooring and picture lights.
- The principle reception rooms comprise an elegant dining room with generous bay window, offering an outlook to the front garden. Family room benefits from a bow window overlooking the front garden and of which is currently being used as a play room. Study with window to side includes a range of fitted office furniture. The drawing room gives access to the rear terrace and garden through double doors, and comprises attractive limestone fireplace inset with gas fire and to either side features a range of fitted maple furniture, housing the technology systems (hi-fi and home cinema) and speakers with storage space.
- Cloakroom features marble flooring and part vaulted ceiling. Includes pedestal wash basin with tile splash back, W.C and extractor.
- The well proportioned kitchen/breakfast room featuring granite floor and a rear facing views over the garden. Fitted with a comprehensive range of wall and base units, which incorporate wine rack, pull out larder and granite work surfaces with up stands and double stainless steel Franke sink with water filter. Integral appliances include dishwasher, oven, microwave oven, five ring hob (with extractor over) all by Neff and Whirlpool American style fridge/freezer. Single door gives access to the terrace and rear garden.
- Utility room located off the kitchen/breakfast room comprises matching kitchen furniture, including wall and base units providing hanging space. Granite worktops with up stands and deep fitted Franke sink. Integral appliance includes Bosch washing machine. Space for tumble dryer. Window to side and access door to garage.
- Useful under stairs cupboard.
- Split level staircase.
- To the lower level is one bedroom, which is currently used as a dressing room, comprising a bank of fitted wardrobes, wall mounted display shelves and a dressing table fitted to one side of the room offering an ample amount of space with storage below.
- To the upper level, the master bedroom benefits from a walk-in-wardrobe and a well appointed en suite, comprising tiled floor and part tiled wall, fitted bath with mixer tap, shower featuring wall mounted jet system and separate shower attachment, pedestal wash basin, heated towel rail, W.C and extractor.
- Three further bedrooms, one of which benefits from built in wardrobes, part vaulted ceiling, eaves cupboard and an en suite. En suite features a part vaulted ceiling and includes tiled flooring and part tiled wall, fitted bath with mixer tap and separate shower attachment, pedestal wash basin, W.C and extractor. The two other bedrooms, one comprising built in wardrobes and the other with a bay window.
- Airing cupboard with shelves for storage.
- Loft hatch in hallway.
- The front of the house boasts a portico entrance featuring an archway and stone flooring.
- The property is approached over a brick herringbone driveway flanked by areas of lawn to either side, with herbaceous perimeter to the front and planted topiary beds to the side. The property is enclosed by mature bushes to both sides.
- Integral garage for single car with an electric wooden up and over door and light and power.
- Pedestrian access to the rear from both sides of the property.
- To the rear is a paved terrace, offering an ideal area for entertaining and an area of level lawn with a perimeter of herbaceous beds, mature trees and evergreen bushes. Close panelled fences and brick walls to the boundaries seclude the rear garden.
- Garden shed with brick floor surround.
- Outside lighting.
From our office in Locksbottom, turn right into Crofton Road and then left after the Black Horse Public House into Park Avenue (restricted access), take the second left into The Glen and Washford Pyne can be found approximately half way along on the left hand side.