This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
4 bedroom house for sale
Lewes Road, Ditchling, East Sussex BN6 8TU
- Newly refurbished family house
- Prime location in Ditchling
- South Downs views
- Mature garden
- Double garage & ample parking
South Riding is situated in a Conservation Area in the centre of the picturesque downland village of Ditchling, within easy reach of the village shops and primary school and in close proximity to the surrounding countryside and South Downs.
Ditching is within the South Downs National Park.
Local amenities: The village has two public houses, post office, tobacconist, chemist, caf√©s, jewellers, general store and village museum.
Comprehensive shopping: Brighton, Haywards Heath & Burgess Hill
Mainline rail services: Hassocks (3 miles distant; London Bridge/Victoria from 48 minutes), Burgess Hill (4.5 miles distant; London Bridge/Victoria from 51 minutes) and Haywards Heath (8 miles distant; London Bridge/Victoria from 42 minutes).
Schools: There are a number of highly regarded schools in the local area.
South Riding is a newly refurbished, spacious and light, detached family home with double garage and ample parking, well situated in the picturesque, historic village of Ditchling. This property benefits from breathtaking views of the South Downs to the rear, and has exceptionally well-proportioned living space with four generous double bedrooms. The property has the added benefit of potential to create further downstairs living space if so desired, within the existing garage (subject to planning).
The accommodation is arranged over two floors, briefly comprising:
- Newly fitted and well appointed bathrooms and kitchen, solid oak wood flooring throughout downstairs and new carpets on the stairs and the first floor.
- A recessed porch covered by wisteria and climbing roses with a wooden front door opens to a spacious entrance hall with oak wood flooring, classical style coving and feature brackets. Access to the double garage and to a cloakroom with WC and hand basin.
- The study overlooks the front aspect and could be used as a fifth bedroom.
- Part glazed oak doors open to the drawing room with recessed spot lighting and featuring a newly-fitted natural stone fireplace with inset gas fire and flanked by fitted bookshelving. French doors lead out to the garden.
- Part glazed oak doors lead through to a light spacious dining room with recessed lighting and views of the garden. The dining room is open to a kitchen, which has been re-fitted with a range of fitted units with oak worktops and a sink with drainer. Appliances include a Bosch double electric oven, gas hob with stainless steel splash-back and extractor fan over, Lamona integrated dishwasher and integrated fridge/freezer.
- An oak part glazed door leads to a utility room with a worktop and sink with drainer, plumbing for a washing machine and dryer and glazed door leading to the side of the house.
- The master bedroom has built-in double wardrobes and French doors opening to a decked balcony with panoramic views to the South Downs. New part tiled en suite shower room, with a large walk in shower with drencher head, WC, basin with a cupboard underneath.
- There are three further double bedrooms, the rear bedroom with views over the garden, towards the Downs.
- Fully tiled modern family bathroom with a bath and separate shower head, a basin with a cupboard underneath and a chrome heated towel rail.
- Separate WC with basin and tiled floor.
The property is approached from Lewes Road through high wooden gates, which open to a large drive with ample parking space for several cars, secluded by fencing and hedges. Integral double garage with electric roller door and floor mounted Ideal Mexico boiler.
The front and rear elevations of the property are attractively clad in climbing wisteria, roses and clematis. There is pedestrian access around both sides of the house to the South facing rear garden, which is mainly laid to lawn, with a secluded patio with a pergola and attractive flowering climbing plants lying adjacent to the rear of the house. The garden is bordered by a wooden fence with mature trees, shrubs and a summer house. A wrought iron gate opens to a wooden staircase, rising to the balcony which overlooks the garden and has panoramic views to the South Downs.
From Haywards Heath proceed south out of town on the B2112, over Ditchling Common and into Ditchling. In the centre of the village, turn left at the mini-roundabout. After passing the village primary school on the left hand side the property can be found immediately on the right hand side.