This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
4 bedroom detached bungalow for sale
Monyash Road, Bakewell
- Four double bedroom detached stone built bungalow
- Detached double garage and off road parking for several vehicles
- Landscaped gardens amounting to approx 1/2 acre
- Excellent school catchment
A substantial circa 1930's four double bedroom detached stone built bungalow set amidst ½ acre of beautifully landscaped gardens in the historic market town of Bakewell. Well presented throughout offering spacious living accommodation in a highly sought after location.
A substantial circa 1930's four double bedroom detached stone built bungalow set amidst ½ acre of beautifully landscaped gardens in the historic market town of Bakewell. Close to excellent local amenities, public transport links, excellent school catchment and within easy reach of Chesterfield and Sheffield. The property is well presented throughout offering spacious living accommodation in a highly sought after location in the Peak District National Park. With off road parking for several vehicles and detached double garage. With gas central heating the accommodation comprises entrance hall, kitchen, coal store, utility room, pantry, dining room, sitting room with open fire, four double bedrooms and family bathroom. The gardens include feature ponds, mature planted borders, level lawn, vegetable plot with greenhouse and timber storage shed. The delightful gardens are bordered by natural stone walling with mature shrubs and trees and enjoy far reaching views towards Longstone Edge.
Single glazed double panel doors open into the spacious entrance hallway which has original solid oak polished flooring and a central heating radiator. Door opens into:
Fitted Dining Kitchen 11' 5" extending to 13' 10" x 9' ( 3.48m extending to 4.22m x 2.74m )
With a comprehensive range of base and wall units in oak with glazed display cabinets, wooden trim work surface and inset sink unit with mixer tap. Rear facing window overlooking the landscaped garden. Built in electric oven and four ring electric hob with extractor canopy above. Radiator. A door opens into the pantry and a door also leads to the sitting room.
With a rear facing window, original quarry tiled floor and stone shelf for storage. Space for a fridge freezer.
With door leading to the rear garden and access to the store room and utility room.
With rear facing window and space and plumbing for an automatic washing machine. Large wall and base units with ample storage space.
A door opens into a store room currently used as an interior coal store with the potential to be converted to a cloakroom/WC/shower room.
Dining Room 12' 10" x 9' 4" ( 3.91m x 2.84m )
A delightful room with a beamed ceiling, front facing leaded window and two side facing leaded windows overlooking the landscaped front garden and with far reaching views towards Longstone Edge. There is a beautiful solid oak panelled window seat running the width of the room and providing useful storage under the lift up seat. The focal point of the room is the stone fireplace with stone mantle and hearth housing a living flame gas fire. Original solid oak polished flooring, picture rail and radiator.
Sitting Room 21' 5" into bay x 11' 10" ( 6.53m into bay x 3.61m )
A well proportioned triple aspect room retaining immense charm and character with leaded windows to the front, side and rear of the property providing ample natural light. The focal point of the room is the original decorative tiled fireplace with tiled inset and hearth housing an open fire. Original solid oak polished flooring, picture rail and central heating radiator.
An inner hallway gives access to the bedrooms, bathroom and separate WC. Floor to ceiling storage cupboards, picture rail, radiator and access hatch to the loft space.
Separate W C
With front facing leaded opaque window and low flush WC.
Comprising panelled bath with mixer tap and shower attachment with glass screen, pedestal wash hand basin and central heating radiator. Leaded window to the front of the property with secondary double glazing and with fully tiled walls.
Master Bedroom 13' x 12' 2" maximum measurements ( 3.96m x 3.71m maximum measurements )
A dual aspect room with leaded windows to the front and to the side. Floor to ceiling built in wardrobe and built in book shelving with leaded glazed doors. Picture rail and central heating radiator.
Bedroom Two 11' 4" x 10' 2" ( 3.45m x 3.10m )
With floor to ceiling wardrobe providing hanging rail space and shelving, central heating radiator, rear facing window and picture rail.
Bedroom Three 9' 11" x 9' ( 3.02m x 2.74m )
(measurements taken to fitted wardrobes)
With side facing window and floor to ceiling wardrobes along the length of one wall with an inset vanity space with mirror and cupboard above. Radiator.
Bedroom Four 10' 8" x 9' 11" ( 3.25m x 3.02m )
(Plus door recess)
With side facing window and a glazed door leading on to the rear garden. Central heating radiator and picture rail.
Double wooden gates open on to a gravel driveway providing off road parking for several vehicles and leading to:
Detached Double Garage
With electric up and over garage door, power and light. Two rear facing windows and work bench.
There is a lawned and terraced garden to the front with deep shrub and herbaceous borders, mature planting, trees and beech hedging. Steps ascend to a raised gravel pathway with planted borders and to further steps ascending to the main front entrance to the property. A path leads along the side of the property to the rear garden which is terraced with mature planted borders, there is a water feature incorporating three raised ponds and steps ascend to a level lawn with vegetable plot, greenhouse and timber garden shed. Delightful views are enjoyed from the rear garden towards the town centre and the countryside beyond towards Longstone Edge.
There is potential to convert the loft to provide further accommodation subject to obtaining the necessary planning consent.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.