3 bedroom barn conversion for saleTacolneston, south of Norwich
The Granary forms one of three barns on this small development. The barn is of a traditional clay lump construction, extending to 1500 sq ft over two floors, retaining many original beams throughout, oozing charm and character, including vaulted ceilings to the bedrooms and boasting far reaching south facing rural views.
Approached off a village road on to the shared gravel driveway, the drive sweeps round the front of the barn to a double Cartlodge style garage. There is ample parking and turning area for numerous vehicles.
• Open plan kitchen with oak fitted units and granite work surfaces.
• Stunning open plan sitting room with south facing rural views through full height screen and patio doors leading out on to the south facing garden.
• Utility room with matching units and tiled floor. Access to rear patio area.
• Downstairs shower room with tiled floor.
• Three bedrooms, all with vaulted ceilings and original beams. Master bedroom with ensuite shower room and full height south facing windows.
• Further family bathroom with original beams and vaulted ceiling.
The majority of the garden is to the front and to the west of the barn to be seeded to grass, and is enclosed by a post and rail fence. To the rear of the barn is a patio courtyard area ideal for outdoor entertaining.
The village of Tacolneston is approximately 14 miles south of the fine cathedral city of Norwich and 4 miles south west of Wymondham. The popular market town of Diss with its rail links to London, can be found 12 miles to the south.
The village of Tacolneston offers a primary school, two public houses, a takeaway restaurant and the 14th century All Saints Church.
The market town of Attleborough (5 miles) has a wider selection of shops and supermarkets, several schools as well as GP and Dental surgeries. Equi-distant is Wymondham, with its striking Abbey and which has all the amenities which you would expect from a busy market town, including a Waitrose supermarket and the sought after Wymondham College.
Norwich is less than 30 minutes by car and provides a wider variety of shopping, commercial and leisure facilities; these include a full range of sports clubs and societies, restaurants and high street stores. The most convenient hospital is the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital.
Schools nearby include:
• Tacolneston C of E Primary
• Bunwell Primary
• Attleborough – schools all ages
• Wymondham College
There is also a good selection of independent schools within easy reach including:
• Town Close House Prep School
• Thorpe House Prep School
• The Norwich School
• Norwich School for Girls
• Hethersett Old Hall
Tacolneston is convenient for the A11, making London and the Midlands easily accessible via the A11/M11 and A14, respectively.
Train links are available at Norwich and Thetford to London. Wymondham train station is served hourly by trains going to Cambridge. Also, good links to both Norwich Airport and London Stansted Airport via trains and cars using the A140 and A11 respectively.
From Norwich take the B1113 towards Wreningham and Tacolneston. Go past the public house and the village store and immediately after the meadow, there is a left hand driveway forking off to the left leading to the barn.
South Norfolk Council
Telephone 01508 533633
Council Tax Band is to be confirmed
Mains water and electricity connected.
Oil fired central heating via radiators.
Drainage is via a private Klargester system.
Strictly by appointment through Barn Masters.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-20781619.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 77996. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Barnmasters, Norfolk. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.