2 bedroom apartment for saleLansdown Place, Cheltenham, GL50
When calling for a viewing please quote ref: 102212
FLAT 3, 25 LANSDOWN PLACE, CHELTENHAM, GL50 2HX
969 year lease with share of freehold. Guide Price £259,950
An elegant, light and spacious first floor balcony Apartment within a Regency Grade II listed terrace. Situated adjacent to Montpellier this apartment is within the heart of Regency Cheltenham and forms part of the Lansdown Estate, which was laid out by J P Papworth in 1825. This desirable area is considered to be one of the most respected in Cheltenham with tree-lined streets leading to Montpellier’s stylish shops, restaurants and bars, bordered by glorious formal public parks. The town centre is also within easy reach as are excellent schools including Cheltenham College, Cheltenham Ladies College and Dean Close.
The Apartment retains many original and period features and is the largest in the building. It has been lovingly restored and redecorated in a modern yet traditional style.
The building is south-west facing and from the front of The Apartment there are lovely tree-top views towards the hills surrounding Cheltenham.
This classic building, 25 Lansdown Place, was previously both a large house and a ballet school and more recently was used as a principal location in the 1986 spy thriller movie, The Whistle Blower.
Transport links are excellent with easy access to Cheltenham Spa train station (2 hrs to London, 40 minutes to Birmingham & Bristol), the M5 junction 11 (north and south access), A40 (to Oxford, London & Gloucester) and A419 (to M4 or Southampton, south coast etc).
The Accommodation briefly comprises:
Separated from the road by communal gardens, mature trees and the car parking area The Apartment is approached from traditional stone steps that lead into the communal hallway with fire door that leads to carpeted stairs leading to the black-painted Front Door.
The Entrance Hallway has floor-to-ceiling storage cupboards, coat-hanging space, coved ceiling with ceiling rose and overhead light. An original Regency door leads to the Inner Hallway that has part original coving, wall lights, telephone point, a floor-to-ceiling mirror in decorative plaster surround, space for a desk or armoire and doors leading to…
Drawing Room: 19’7” x 17’8” (6m x 5.4m).
A fabulous room with double original Regency doors (one in use), 12’6” (3.82m) high ceiling, original coving, picture rail and ceiling rose, full-height floor to ceiling sash windows to the front giving attractive views to Leckhampton Hill, fireplace with slate hearth, Imperial white marble surround and inset coal-effect gas fire, overhead light fitting, TV point and access to…
Kitchen: 17’8” x 8’2” (5.4m x 2.5m).
A well designed, modern kitchen with 12’6” (3.82m) high ceiling, fully fitted cream wall, floor and full-height units with tiled backsplash and black marble work surfaces, integral Belfast sink, dishwasher, fridge, freezer, washing machine and 4-ring gas oven with separate grill and extractor fan over, space for a tumble dryer, concealed work top lighting and 3 overhead lights, original coving and picture rail and fully glazed double doors with top opening window over, leading to the Balcony and Terrace.
Bedroom 1: 13’3” x 9’6” (4.04m x 2.9m).
A stylish, recently refurbished room with 12’6” tall ceiling with Regency-style white-painted patterned ceiling-paper, ‘dog-tooth’ coving, picture rail, ceiling rose, feature wall with Zoffany wall-paper, alcove for wardrobe, ¾ height original sash window, 2 wall-light points and overhead light fitting.
Bedroom 2: 13’3” x 9’ (4.04m x 2.7m).
A charming, recently refurbished room with 12’6” tall ceiling with Regency-style white-painted patterned ceiling-paper, ‘dog-tooth’ coving, picture rail, ceiling rose, feature wall with Zoffany wall-paper, cupboard housing the gas-fired combi-boiler for central heating and hot water, ¾ height original sash window, 2 wall-light points and overhead light fitting.
Recently refitted with floor to ceiling cream travertine tiles and mirrors, a travertine basin with a single tall tap on a marble top over a bespoke cupboard unit, tiled inset shelf, 1200cm x 800cm shower unit with ‘rain-effect’ showerhead, heated towel tail, extractor fan and overhead recessed lighting.
Attic Storage space:
accessed from a loft door in the Inner Hallway with pull-down loft stairs and overhead light, giving useful storage space above the Shower Room.
Balcony: 8’10” x 8’8” (2.7m x 2.6m).
A delightful and secluded outdoor space. South-west facing and accessed via double doors from the Kitchen, with decorative wrought-iron railing surround and wooden balustrades, tiled floor, overhead light, power socket, space for a table and chairs, access to the Terrace running the length of the Sitting Room and lovely treetop views over the communal gardens towards Leckhampton Hill.
1. The Apartment was tastefully refurbished less than 12 months ago and has been minimally occupied since. It is presented in a ‘walk-in’ condition throughout.
2. The Apartment is well insulated and has efficient gas fired central heating.
3. The Apartment walls are painted in Farrow & Ball ‘Dimity’ throughout with white ceilings (painted or papered) above the picture rails and Zoffany wallpaper on a feature wall in each Bedroom.
4. Many original door and window furniture remains, supplemented with ‘Jim Lawrence’ bespoke old gold lever or turn handles where required.
5.The floors are carpeted in a neutral colour throughout, except the Kitchen where the original floorboards are exposed.
6. The original shutters are in place throughout the Apartment although not currently used.
7. All light fittings are excluded from the sale, but may be purchased separately if required, apart from the Drawing Room chandelier, which is not for sale.
8. The curtains and blinds are made to measure and, while not included in the sale, may be purchased separately if required.
9. The Apartment could be purchased fully furnished, for an additional amount, if required.
10. There is communal unallocated car parking at the front of the property.
11. The communal hallways are in need of some redecoration; this is expected to be completed during the early part of 2012.
12. Professional redecoration, maintenance and repairs to windows and all exterior aspects of the property are in the final stages of completion.
Services: Mains electricity, gas and drainage are connected to the property.
Fixtures and Fittings: Only those mentioned in the sales particulars are included in the sale. Others, as detailed in the Notes above may be available by separate negotiation.
Area: 881 sq ft / 81 sq m
Leasehold and Management details: 999 year lease as from 23 January 1981 (recently extended from the former 125 year lease) and a share of the overall freehold of the property calculated on the size of the apartment. There are 8 apartments within the building. The current maintenance charge is £1,477 per annum. The building is professionally managed; further details are available on request.
Local Authority: Cheltenham Borough Council (01242) 262626.
Council Tax: Band B – currently £1,149.02 per annum
Vacant possession: on completion
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-21017784.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 102212. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by My Property for Sale, Nationwide. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.