This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
6 bedroom house for sale
Hook Norton, Banbury, Oxfordshire
Occupying a commanding position within the centre of the village, Priestfield House has been recently renovated to a high standard.
Detached and Grade II listed the house is built predominantly of local stone under a Welsh slate roof with later additions. The ground floor accommodation is well suited to family life with a
hand made kitchen/breakfast room lit by a wealth of natural light with access to the garden from both the east and south elevations. The kitchen comprises a central breakfast island, 4 door electric AGA with companion electric oven and halogen hobs, numerous integrated Miele appliances including two large dishwashers, coffee
machine and steam oven as well as an American style fridge and drawer freezer. At the other end of the room is a sitting and dining area with a wood burning stove. The kitchen has two sets of French
doors which provide access to both the formal garden and the totally secluded courtyard garden.
The drawing room is well proportioned with a large open stone fireplace, it is an elegant entertaining space, again with access to the formal garden. Both the kitchen and the drawing room are recent extensions and benefit from an under floor heating system. The main body of the house comprises traditional Georgian reception rooms, the open entrance hall with Adam style arches, stunning double aspect dining room with large inglenook fireplace and a sitting room. The majority of these rooms have an integrated Bose sound system.
Adjacent to the kitchen is a well-appointed laundry room and a cloakroom which completes the downstairs accommodation.
The main staircase rises from the entrance hall to two double bedrooms, family bathroom, additional separate WC and the elegant and extensive master suite. Double aspect with an abundance of natural light, the suite continues through the middle of the house and includes a large bathroom and separate dressing room.
The staircase continues to the second floor and additional guest suite with dressing room and en suite bathroom and a further double bedroom (en suite). Both of these rooms are double aspect with views overlooking the gardens and church.
A separate staircase provides access from the kitchen and rear hall to a walk in airing cupboard, the master suite dressing room and rises to the office/bedroom 6 with en suite cloakroom.
• Hook Norton is a traditional village well located within rolling countryside close to the Cotswolds, between Banbury and Chipping Norton.
• A thriving community with excellent local activities including a newly built sports and social club.
• First class local amenities in the village include a doctor, dentist, library, excellent Primary School and veterinary surgery, along with the beautiful Norman Church of St Peter.
• There is also a post office and village store as well as two pubs serving beer from the renowned award winning local brewery.
• Excellent schools in the area including Prep schools at Kitebrook and Carrdus (Overthorpe) and private schools at Bloxham, Tudor Hall and Sibford as well as access to the Oxford schools.
• Comprehensive shopping facilities are available in the market towns of Chipping Norton, Banbury and further afield towards Cheltenham, Stratford-Upon-Avon and Oxford.
• Conveniently located for the M40 motorway at junctions 10 and 11, as well as rail links from Banbury to London Marylebone in about 50 minutes and Charlbury into London Paddington in about 60 minutes. Also with international airports at
Birmingham, Coventry and London Heathrow.
• Leisure facilities include Golf at Rye Hill, Tadmarton, Lyneham and Chipping Norton. Racing at Cheltenham, Stratford and Warwick. Polo at Kirtlington Park, Southam and Cirencester Park and Theatres in Shakespeare’s Stratford-Upon-Avon, Oxford and Chipping Norton.
THE COACH HOUSE
At the bottom of the drive is a former coach house, converted to provide ancillary accommodation. The ground floor has a kitchen and a large media room with home cinema (the contents of which are not included in the sale but may be available by separate negotiation). To the rear (with separate access) is a ground floor bathroom. Upstairs is a studio style bedroom along with a Smallbone kitchen and shower room.
Approached through electric wrought iron gates (which provide total security) to the left of the property under the former coaching arch, a gravelled driveway leads past the house to a large parking area with a triple bay garage and separate workshop with a large studio space above which could be converted into further accommodation, subject to the necessary planning consents.
A pathway leads through landscaped gardens to the southern elevation of the house, the pathway being flanked by lawn and surrounded by herbaceous borders and enclosed by a trellised beech hedge and stone wall. Accessed from both the rear hall, drawing room and kitchen, this is a delightfully secluded garden close to the house. Also accessed from the kitchen is a smaller, magical enclosed stone terrace garden.
Beyond the driveway are the stunning south facing landscaped gardens which are a particular feature of the property that slope towards the River Swere. Mostly laid to lawn with mature herbaceous borders and parkland, the gardens provide privacy
and total tranquillity.
The gardens also benefit from a large and productive Victorian greenhouses which can be found adjacent to the coach house. At the rear of the garden, behind laurel hedging and double
gates, are several further garden stores.