This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
6 bedroom house for sale
Chapel Lane, Forest Row, East Sussex RH18 5BU
- Detached Victorian house
- 4 reception rooms
- 6 bedrooms (2 en suite)
- 2 further bathrooms
- Studio & workshop
Coval House is situated in a sought-after residential road in the centre of Forest Row, within a short distance of the renowned Royal Ashdown Forest golf course.
Local amenities: Forest Row is on the northern side of the famous Ashdown Forest with its 6,500 acres of heath and woodland. The village has an excellent range of facilities including a number of independent shops, a supermarket, several cafes, antique shops, bakery, fishmonger, pubs and schools.
Comprehensive shopping: The towns of East Grinstead and Tunbridge Wells are about 3 miles and 12 miles away respectively, both providing comprehensive shopping facilities and amenities.
Mainline rail Services: East Grinstead, Tunbridge Wells, Uckfield and Haywards Heath.
Primary, secondary state & private schools: There are a number of highly regarded schools and colleges in the local area, including Forest Row primary school, Ashdown House, Cumnor House, Michael Hall Steiner School, Brambletye and Ardingly College.
Communications: The M23 is less than 10 miles away providing a direct link with the M25, the national motorway network and Gatwick Airport (about 13 miles distant).
Coval House is a very well presented, classically Victorian family home dating from 1894 and situated in a sought after residential road in the centre of Forest Row. The property offers well proportioned accommodation, with a wealth of character features typical of the era, including high ceilings, sash windows (some with secondary glazing), original panelled doors and a number of both working and feature fireplaces.
The accommodation comprises in brief:
- Solid oak double doors open from the porch to the entrance hall, with stripped pine floors, staircase rising to the first floor and under stair access to the cellar. Lying off the hall is a cloakroom with WC.
- The elegant drawing and dining rooms lie to the front of the property, both with bay windows and attractive cast iron fireplaces.
- The kitchen and breakfast rooms are fitted with a range of limed-oak effect units, complemented by worktops by 'Granite Transformations', a range oven with six-ring gas hob, further integrated appliances and French oak flooring. The spacious breakfast room features a brick chimney breast with inset wood burner, flanked to one side by a walk-in larder. The secondary staircase rises to the first floor.
- Utility room, also with range of units, space for further kitchen and laundry appliances and a stable door opening to the garden. Wall mounted Worcester boiler.
- Lying off the kitchen is a sitting room, which has double doors opening to an adjoining study. The study has wood block flooring, French doors opening to the garden and is fitted with an extensive range of office furniture, including desks, shelving and drawers.
- First floor galleried landing with built in airing cupboard and range of linen cupboards.
- The master and guest bedrooms both feature cast iron fireplaces and benefit from en suite shower rooms and fitted storage.
- There are three further bedrooms on the first floor; two of which are connected, the smaller of the two ideal for use as a nursery.
- Two bathrooms, both with part-tiled walls and suites comprising a bath, basin, WC and heated towel rail. One of the bathrooms also benefits from a separate shower cubicle.
- From the landing, a staircase rises to the attic bedroom which has two velux windows and a door opening to a part-boarded attic storage room.
Coval House is approached via a gravelled driveway, providing ample parking for several cars and in turn leading to the attached double garage, which has an electrically operated up and over door. There is gated access to the rear garden, which extends around the southern and eastern sides of the house and is largely laid to lawn; well enclosed by mature trees and shrubs, and with a paved terrace lying adjacent to the rear of the house. In one corner of the garden is a brick workshop, with a screened area for garden waste to the rear.
Adjoining the rear of the garage is a useful studio (currently used as a gym) with vaulted ceiling and two velux windows.
In all, the plot measures about 0.29 of an acre.
From Haywards Heath, head east on the A272 and in North Chailey, turn left onto the A275. Follow the road north through Danehill and Chelwood Gate and at the junction with the A22, turn left. Continue north on the A22 and at the mini-roundabout in the centre of Forest Row take the last exit into Hartfield Road (B2110). Chapel Road is the fourth turning on the right and Coval House can be found after a short distance on the left hand side.