This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
5 bedroom house for sale
High Beech Lane, Lindfield, West Sussex RH16 1SQ
- Spacious family home
- Detached 1 bedroom annexe
- Mature, enclosed gardens
- Lindfield High Street 1 mile
- Haywards Heath station 1 mile
Freshfields is situated in mature gardens, set back from the road and ideally located almost equidistant between Lindfield village and Haywards Heath railway station. Mainline Rail Service: Haywards Heath mainline station is less than 1 mile distant (London Bridge/Victoria from 47 minutes) www.southernrailway.co.uk
Schools: There are many highly regarded schools in the area, both state and private, including Tavistock & Summerhill, Cumnor House, Great Walstead, Ardingly College, Lindfield and Blackthorns primary schools and Oathall Community College,. www.westsussex.gov.uk/ccm/navigation/education
Local amenities: The property is situated almost equidistant between Haywards Heath town centre and Lindfield's historic village High Street, known for its period houses, parish church, village pond and variety of local shops and public houses. In addition, Clough's village shop/delicatessen is just around the corner, in Sunte Avenue, and Haywards Heath Golf Club is also in High Beech Lane.
Comprehensive shopping: Brighton, Crawley and Tunbridge Wells.
Communications: The M25 orbital motorway can be accessed via the A23, linking to other motorway networks, Gatwick and Heathrow airports and the coast.
Freshfields is a detached home, situated on the north western side of the sought after village of Lindfield and dating from the 1950s. The property was extended in the late 1980s, resulting in a very spacious home ideal for families, and with the additional benefit of a detached, purpose built annexe constructed in 2000.
The well proportioned and spacious accommodation in the main house is arranged over three floors.
The well proportioned and spacious accommodation in the main house is arranged over three floors, briefly comprising:
- A wooden front door with fanlight opens to the spacious entrance hall, with feature stained glass window. A staircase, with under stair cupboard, rises to the first floor and there is access to a downstairs cloakroom.
- There are two sets of double doors opening from the hall, one opening to the elegant dining room and the other opening onto a large triple aspect drawing room, featuring a fireplace with marble hearth and moulded surround and two sets of French doors opening to the garden.
- Study with fitted desk and shelving units, and stairs rising to a galleried mezzanine library with access to loft storage.
- The kitchen/breakfast room is fitted with a range of mahogany units and display cupboards, complemented by marble-effect worktops with an inset sink and drainer and tiled splashbacks. Integrated appliances include a double oven, dishwasher and four-ring gas hob with extractor over. Space for two upright fridge/freezers. The breakfast room has a fitted dresser, brick feature fireplace and ample space for a table.
- Folding doors open from the breakfast room to the conservatory, which is a delightful room overlooking the garden, with tiled floor and two sets of French doors.
- Adjoining the kitchen is a good-sized utility room with range of units, sink and drainer, space for a washing machine and two wall-mounted Alpha boilers.
- First floor landing with turned staircase rising to the second floor, under stair cupboard and deep airing cupboard housing the hot water tank.
- Large master bedroom with three built in wardrobes and a very spacious en suite bathroom with suite comprising a freestanding roll top bath, separate shower cubicle, twin basins with cupboards and drawers under, WC and bidet.
- There are two further bedrooms on the first floor, both with built in wardrobes and one double aspect, with a tiled shower cubicle and basin with tiled surround and cupboard under.
- Family bathroom with white suite including a bath and separate shower cubicle.
- Spacious second floor landing which could be used as a playroom, off which lies a cloakroom with basin and WC.
- Two further bedrooms, both with Velux windows.
The detached, fully self-contained annexe was purpose built in 2000, to complement the main house. Single storey with a pitched roof, the annexe comprises:
- The front door opens directly into the kitchen, which is fitted with a range of units, with sink and drainer, two-ring gas hob and space for appliances. Range of built in storage cupboards, one housing a wall mounted boiler.
- Double aspect sitting room with French doors opening to a small raised patio, overlooking the garden.
- Bedroom with en suite bathroom comprising a large, tiled shower cubicle, pedestal basin, WC and heated towel rail. Built in linen cupboard.
Freshfields is approached from High Beech Lane via a five bar gate, which opens to a good sized parking area, bounded to the front by mature trees and shrubs. A wide, wrought iron gate opens from the parking area to a paved terrace lying adjacent to the southern side of the house, with wisteria and climber clad timber pergola over. Extending away from the terrace is a south facing lawn, bounded by shaped, well-stocked and colourful flower borders, with hedging and fencing to the boundaries.
A further paved terrace lies to the rear (west) of the house, rising to a second lawn, with timber shed, also bounded by well-stocked borders and featuring a pretty magnolia in one corner.
From our Haywards Heath office, proceed north down Perrymount Road and turn right at the roundabout. At the next roundabout, take the second exit (B2028) and then bear left at the traffic lights onto Summerhill Lane. Proceed straight over the mini-roundabout into Portsmouth Lane and follow the road down the hill. After passing Brook Lane on the left hand side, the road becomes High Beech Lane and Freshfields is the first property on the left hand side.