This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
5 bedroom house for sale
Church Road, Chelsfield, Orpington, Kent BR6 7SN
- Beautiful period property
- 2 reception rooms & basement
- 4/5 bedrooms
- Beautiful garden & paddock
- Swimming pool & Summer house
Darrickhurst Cottage is set in a delightful country location, within accessible reach of Chelsfield Park, offering the perfect compromise between village and country life. Windsor Drive within 2 miles provides a parade of local shops, a pub and Indian restaurant. Darrickhurst Cottage also benefits from being apart of the strong Chelsfield Park residents association, offering access to the private Tennis Courts and Sports Ground. Chelsfield Lakes Golf Course is also within 1 mile.
Comprehensive Shopping: Bluewater Shopping Centre and The Glades in Bromley.
Mainline rail services: Chelsfield (1 mile) to London Bridge, Waterloo East, Charing Cross and Cannon Street.
Orpington (2.8 miles) to London Bridge, Waterloo East, Charing Cross, Cannon Street, Victoria, Blackfriars and Ashford International.
Primary Schools: Green Street Green, Pratts Bottom, The Highway, Chelsfield, Warren Road and Farnborough.
Secondary Schools: St Olave's and St Saviour's Grammar, Burwood, The Priory, Newstead Wood, Darrick Rood, Ravens Wood, Bishop Justus C of E and Charles Darwin.
Private Schools: Bromley High, Russell House, Bickley Park, Farringtons, Combe Bank and Sevenoaks.
Motorway Links: Junction 4 of the M25 is within easy reach and provides access to London, Dartford River Crossing, Bluewater Shopping Centre, the South Coast, Ebbsfleet International and the Channel Tunnel Terminus (M20).
Darrickhurst Cottage, is a beautifully presented and prominent Grade II Listed house, understood to date from the 17th Century, with latter additions. Great care has been taken to ensure that the original features and characteristics have been retained and restored, exuding a wealth of charm, that one is automatically attracted to. The property sits in excellent gardens and grounds, providing a wonderful backdrop to the house.
Point of note:
- Period features include exposed timbers, fireplaces, thumb latch and brace internal doors and some exposed brick walls. These striking features transport one back to a period of architecture that will be forever lauded.
- Entrance hall with tiled floor and stained glass feature window.
- The triple aspect sitting room features a brick inglenook fireplace inset with wood burning stove that gives the room a spectacular focal point. The delightful bay window absorbs an abundance of natural light setting an appealing environment for both entertaining and relaxing. Side access door. Adjoining downstairs cloakroom and cloaks cupboard.
- The dining room is well positioned for dining occasions providing a direct link to the kitchen/breakfast room. The triple aspect room enjoys views over the beautiful rear garden. It features a box bow window and brick inglenook fireplace, inset with gas log effect fire. Access is given to the basement, which provides a wine cellar and work room with fitted units and sink.
- The charming and traditional double aspect kitchen/breakfast room comprises a comprehensive range of fitted pitch pine wall and base units with pelmet lighting and Iroko work surfaces. Butler sink. Integral appliances include New World hobs (extractor over) and oven, Whirlpool dishwasher and fridge. Feature oak staircase rises to the first floor.
- Stable door to utility room providing matching kitchen base units with granite work surface. Butler sink. Space for freezer and washing machine. Side door.
- The delightful master suite to the first floor, features a high and part vaulted ceiling giving a wonderful feeling of extra space. It provides the luxury of a walk-in-wardrobe and private shower room.
- There are three further bedrooms to the first floor, two of which provide built in wardrobes and feature pitch pine floor.
- The white suite family bathroom comprises vanity unit with wash basin, shower, fitted bath with separate shower attachment and high flush W.C.
- The versatile second floor is currently being used as an office providing a place for undisturbed study. Alternatively it would make an ideal bedroom.
- The property is approached via electric wrought iron gates that open onto a brick walled courtyard providing parking for a number of cars. Additional parking is provided within the detached triple garage with electric up and over doors. There is also a well proportioned workshop.
- The beautiful rear garden provides a spacious green oasis of privacy and seclusion. It comprises a patio that stretches the width of the property, perfect for al fresco dining, and generous manicured lawns interspersed and bordered with evergreen bushes, mature trees, topiary, and herbaceous beds. The centre piece is the outdoor heated swimming pool with paved surround and summerhouse.
- The summerhouse provides light and power, and overlooks the swimming pool, setting an appealing environment.
- The detached games room lends itself perfectly for entertaining, benefitting from a generous amount of space. Glass sliding doors allow natural light to flood into the room and provide access to the rear garden. It also houses the swimming pool system. Attached store room.
- The rest of the grounds comprise a paddock screened by mature trees, a shed and greenhouse.
From our offices in Locksbottom turn left at the traffic lights onto the A21. Continue to follow the road, going straight over three roundabouts. When you reach the forth roundabout, take the first left and drive past the petrol station. Take the first left onto Chelsfield hill and continue to follow the road. Darrickhurst Cottage can be found on your left, shortly after Chelsfield Riding School.