This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
Land for sale
Keld Head Lake, Keld Head, PICKERING, North Yorkshire
FOR SALE AS A WHOLE OR IN TWO LOTS
PARTICULARS FOR SALE
LOT 1 - KELD HEAD LAKE
The property comprises an enclosure extending in all to about 1.81 acres as shown edged red on the attached plan. It comprises a spring fed lake which itself forms the principal source of Costa Beck which flows in a south westerly direction from the property. The eastern boundary is delineated by a good post and four rail fence and adjoining the northern side of the lake is a pleasant open amenity area interspersed with various mature specimen broadleaved trees to include Sycamore, Beech and Silver Birch whilst close to the lake are a number of Poplar. Arranged to the southern boundary of the property is a more dense belt of trees to include Silver Birch, Willow and Poplar with an understorey of Rhododendron. Adjacent is a small island containing various Oak and Silver Birch and which may be approached across a timber foot bridge.
The Vendor has been advised that the volume of water arising from the spring source is 50 million litres per day as measured by an Environment Agency flow meter.
By any standards, this is a superb lake and a major attraction for wildfowl with a resident population of duck and swans.
LOT 2 - ADJOINING ENCLOSURE
Adjoining the northern boundary of Lot 1 and extending in all to about 0.25 acre and as shown edged green on the attached plan. It contains a hardcore hardstanding and enjoys vehicular access from the adjoining A170 Pickering-Helmsley trunk road. It is bounded on its eastern side by a good post and four rail fence adjacent to which are four ancient Sycamore.
GENERAL REMARKS AND STIPULATIONS
The property may be inspected at any reasonable time upon production of a copy of these particulars for sale.
From Pickering town centre travel due west on the A170 trunk road towards Kirkbymoorside and Helmsley. As one leaves the limits of the town, Keld Head Lake will be seen clearly on the left hand side of the road and just before a sweeping right hand bend.
The property is held Freehold.
Ryedale District Council, Malton Tel. (01653) 600666
We are informed that the sporting rights are owned and included in the sale.
We are informed that these are included in the sale except as may be reserved by statute.
The Vendor has not opted for tax in respect of his property assets and therefore no VAT will be charged on the Freehold of the property. It is considered that the value of the sporting rights over the property fall within the de minimis provisions outlined by The Customs and Excise. It is not therefore proposed to charge any VAT on the sale of the property, but this may be subject to approval by the District Valuer. Should any sale of the property as a whole or in parts or any right attached to it be a chargeable supply for the purposes of VAT, such tax shall be payable by the purchaser in addition to any monies to be paid during the course of the sale.
WAYLEAVES, EASEMENTS, RIGHTS OF WAY AND BOUNDARIES
The property is sold subject to, and with the benefit of, all existing rights, including rights of way whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and electricity supplies and other rights and obligations, easements, quasi-easements, reservations and restrictive covenants and all existing and proposed wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cables, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether or not referred to in these particulars for sale.
The purchaser shall be deemed to have full knowledge of the boundaries and neither the Vendor nor his agents shall be responsible for defining the boundaries or the ownership thereof.
Without prejudice to the generality of the above provisions, the property is sold subject to a public footpath which passes along the southern boundary of the property and which is included within the sale. It is however separated from the lake by a post and wire fence.
METHOD OF SALE
The property is for sale by Private Treaty.
PLANS, AREAS AND SCHEDULES
These have been prepared as accurately as possible and are based on OS national grid plans. The measurements stated are in imperial. The plan is for identification purposes only.
Messrs Chesterton Humberts for themselves and for the Vendor of this property whose agents they are give notice that:
1. The particulars are set out as a general outline only for the guidance of intending Purchasers. Whilst designed to be interesting and informative and intended to provide a fair and substantially correct overall description, they do not constitute nor constitute a part of, an offer or contract.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, areas, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct. Nevertheless, any intending Purchasers should not rely upon them as statements or representations of fact, but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of Chesterton Humberts has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatever in relation to this property on their behalf, nor to enter into any contract on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
5. These particulars for sale are intended to be accurate and reliable. However, if there are any matters of particular importance to you and which you would like to discuss in more detail, please contact us and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.