7 bedroom detached house for saleRudge Road, Pattingham, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, WV6 7EA
Offers in Excess of £3,500,000
- 3 reception rooms & library
- 7 bedrooms
- Mews house & lodge
- About 77 acres
Set in an elevated position, Rudge Hall enjoys uninterrupted views to the west of rolling Shropshire countryside. The Hall is located just a mile out of the village of Pattingham which offers an excellent range of amenities such as shops, a pub, the church of St Chad's, and a primary school.
More extensive amenities are can be found in Wolverhampton and there is easy access to Telford via the M54. The M6 and M5 provide links to the wider parts of the West Midlands and beyond. There is a mainline rail service from Wolverhampton to London Euston which takes an average of 1hr 45mins. Birmingham International airport is within easy reach, as well as Wolverhampton Halfpenny Green Airport nearby.
There are many good schools in the area including The Royal Wolverhampton School, Wolverhampton Grammar School, Tettenhall College and Birchfield close by whilst Shrewsbury Boys School, Malvern College, Kings School Worcester and Bromsgrove provide further weekly boarding opportunities within the region.
Rudge Hall has medieval origins with reconstruction taking place in the 19th Century and more extensively in the early 1930's. The estate was originally far more extensive and belonged to the Wright-Boycott family during the late 1800's and was sold in 1921. It was the latter remodelling in the 1930's, by James A Swan for the then owner W R Wilson which resulted in the handsome Grade II listed neo–Georgian facade which remains today. Many of W R Wilson’s detailing can still be found inside Rudge Hall such as the dining room fireplace.
Set well within formal gardens and parkland, Rudge Hall comprises the principal Hall with respective outbuildings, a separate two bedroom lodge and The Mews; a characterful dwelling formed from the former servants quarters which could be re-introduced back into the Hall.
The front entrance lobby double doors open to an imposing reception hall with access to all reception rooms and doors to the southern formal gardens, which offer impressive and light space. To either side of the hall are the drawing and dining rooms which both enjoy views over open countryside. Decorated with hand painted frescos, ornate coving and cornicing, both principal receptions are striking and unique.
Opposite the drawing room is the library with open fire and French doors opening to a south facing loggia, and behind this a further large and light reception room ostensibly used as a billiard room previously. To the other side of the hall can be found the kitchen with four-door Aga, central island and fitted appliances, a breakfast room off, laundry room and boot room as well as a further informal sitting room. Stairs from the reception hall lead up to a spacious landing, off which lead seven good sized bedrooms, the master having an en suite bathroom, along with three further bath/shower rooms. The majority of the bedrooms face west and south enjoying the amazing views over the gardens and surrounding countryside.
From the rear courtyard, The Mews has its own separate access, with the accommodation comprising sitting room, kitchen and laundry room to the ground floor, whilst to the first floor is the main drawing room, a small dining room, two bedrooms, two shower rooms and plenty of storage. To the rear is a pretty courtyard garden.
The Cider Lodge has gated access prior to entering the Hall's rear courtyard, with its own parking and walled garden. The lodge comprises sitting room, kitchen, WC and bedroom to the ground floor, with a further bedroom and bathroom to the first floor.
To one side of the Hall stands an impressive three storey sandstone building known as 'The Monastery'. Dating back to the 1600s, the building is currently used as storage, but subject to the relevant planning requirements offers potential for a number of uses. Extensive garaging with storage stands nearby in the rear courtyard.
Rudge Hall is set within stunning gardens and parkland and offers uninterrupted views of the Shropshire countryside.
The driveway leading to Rudge Hall forks; to the front of the hall passing parkland on the right, the drive leads to a large turning circle situated to the front of the Hall and the Monastery which are flanked by mature trees. The second drive leads to Cider Lodge and then into a cobbled courtyard providing ample parking, garaging and access to The Mews.
The formal gardens are to the south side and approached from a stone terrace spanning the length of the hall enclosed by balustrade and ornate iron gates. A pathway leads away from the hall and is flanked either side with sunken beds and yew hedge topiary. This leads to the swimming pool which is set within a stone terrace and parterre garden. To the east of the terrace steps lead to another path and topiary garden with small lily pond. Beyond and across the lawn is an attractive folly.
Immediately surrounding the terrace to the south and west of the Hall is a large lawned garden interspersed with well stocked borders, low built sandstone walls and hedging. On the eastern side of the hall is a large walled garden laid to lawn, most probably a former kitchen garden. Within the gardens and grounds and of particular note are the number of large specimen trees. The remaining grounds are predominantly set as parkland with a number of pools.
From M54 exit at Junction 3 and take the A41 to Wolverhampton passing Albrighton on the right hand side. After about half a mile turn right in the County Lane and proceed on the A464 into Pattingham Lane and then in to Westbeech Road. At the junction turn right onto the High Street passing the shops on the left hand side. Turn left at the Pigot Arms with St Chad's Church on the right hand side continuing along High Street which leads in to Rudge Road. Rudge Hall can be found on the left hand side after about half a mile.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-25520193.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference TES100181. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Telford. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.