4 bedroom terraced house for saleSalcombe Town
- 4 bedroom quayside cottage.
- Private mooring facilities.
- Garage on Island Street available by separate negotiation.
- Level walk to the town centre.
- 2 en-suite shower rooms and family bathroom.
- Fabulous harbour views.
- Garden ideal for sitting out and enjoying the views.
A charming 4 bedroom quayside cottage with constantly fascinating views of the harbour, and easily managed garden plus a private mooring facility. Garage available by separate negotiation.
Kingsbridge 6 miles, A38 Devon Expressway 15 miles, Totnes 18 miles (Paddington about 3 hours)
SITUATION AND DESCRIPTION
Salcombe is renowned as a sailing and boating centre, located beside one of the loveliest estuaries in the South West with miles of sheltered water and fine sandy beaches on either side towards its mouth. The popular town has an excellent range of shops, pubs and restaurants.
Sailmakers Cottage has a marvellous waterfront location in the very heart of Salcombe with spellbinding views across the harbour. The cottage has been created out of part of an old boat store and the conversion features the use of some splendid old timbers, exposed stonework to some of the window reveals and rustic timber doors, giving plenty of character.
Outside there is a small garden in front of the property enclosed by metal railings and perfect as a sitting out area for catching the morning and evening sun and watching all the activity. The property also presents the unusual opportunity of having a private mooring facility.
Glazed front door to:-
Casement window with fascinating views of the harbour, the estuary beyond Snapes Point and the entrance to Batson Creek. The room features exposed beams and ceiling timbers, part forming a mock fireplace with stone hearth and mantle. Understairs storage cupboard. Night storage heater.
Staircase rising to first floor. Night storage heater.
Fitted with base and wall units. Granite effect round edge work surfaces. Ceramic tiled surrounds. Inset stainless steel sink. Opening to sitting room. With timber lintel and exposed ceiling timbers. Built-in electric oven. Four ring hob and extractor hood. Recessed shelf featuring exposed stonework. Ceramic tiled floor. Night storage heater.
Belfast sink. Plumbing for washing machine. Exposed ceiling timbers. Shelf with exposed stonework reveals. Ceramic tiled floor. WC. Night storage heater.
Staircase rising to second floor. Built-in airing cupboard housing hot water tank with dual immersion heater.
Superb view of the harbour. Night storage heater. Door to:-
EN-SUITE SHOWER ROOM
Tiled shower cubicle. Pedestal wash hand basin with tiled splashback. WC. Electric shaver socket.
Double bedroom with window to the rear.
Excellent view of the harbour and mooring pontoons.
Bath with mixer hand shower fitting and folding screen. Pedestal wash basin. WC. Electric shaver socket.
Built-in wardrobe cupboard.
A spacious bedroom with partly sloping ceiling having velux windows on either side, the larger one giving views across the harbour to the fields around Snapes Point. Eaves storage cupboards. Door to:-
EN-SUITE SHOWER ROOM
Tiled shower cubicle. Pedestal wash basin. WC. Electric shaver socket.
At the front of the cottage there is an easily managed garden/sitting out area laid as a pavioured terrace with a raised flowerbed containing herbaceous plants and a small palm tree.
There is a running mooring at Custom House Quay, close to the cottage and shared with two neighbouring cottages (subject to Harbour Authority regulations).
Mains water, drainage and electricity. Night storage heating.
The property is in Council Tax Band G.
South Hams District Council, Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes, Devon TQ9 5NE. Tel: 01803 861234.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS
All items in the written text of these particulars are included in the sale. All others are expressly excluded regardless of inclusion in any photographs. Purchasers must satisfy themselves that any equipment included in the sale of the property is in satisfactory order.
Strictly by appointment with the agents, Marchand Petit. Telephone 01548 844473.
From our office in Fore Street which is close to Whitestrand car park walk along Fore Street passing the Kings Arms on your right. On reaching the Fortescue Inn bear right and then immediately after passing the pub turn left under the archway. The other side of the archway Sailmakers Cottage is the second cottage on the right hand side.
1. These particulars are for guidance only. They are prepared and issued in good faith and are intended to give a fair description of the property, but do not constitute part of an offer or contract.
2. Any description or information given should not be relied on as a statement or representation of fact that the property or its services are in good condition. Neither Marchand Petit, nor any of its employees, has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to the property.
3. The photographs show only certain parts and aspects of the property at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances given are approximate only.
4. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any regulations or other consent has been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending purchaser.
5. Descriptions of a property are inevitably subjective, and the descriptions contained herein are used in good faith as an opinion and not by way of statement of fact. If any points of particular importance need clarifying before viewing, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26053371.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 63909. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Marchand Petit, Salcombe. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.