Commercial property for saleMarch Road, Friday Bridge, WISBECH, Cambridgeshire.
- Swimming pool
- Up and running business
Friday Bridge International Farm Camp is located 3 miles south of Wisbech and 3/4 mile south of the village of Friday Bridge. Access to the site is gained via the B1101 which links to the A47 Peterborough to Norwich road at Wisbech.
The camp essentially occupies a rural position in the heart of the fens with its historically strong agricultural position and associated businesses within the surrounding area.
The site is currently used for accommodating agricultural workers who are placed to work on local farms. The traditional buildings provide administrative offices, various accommodation, bar/social facilities, including an outdoor swimming pool and tennis/basketball courts. The site extends to approximately 11.16 acres.
There are two plots of land held, the main being the camp itself with a secondary smaller plot located approximately 500m to the south along March Road, which comprises the sewage treatment works.
The present owners have occupied the property since 1988 and has since then undertaken the refurbishment and improvement of a number of the older buildings. The majority of the buildings were constructed in the 1940's as a prisoner of war camp. The refurbishment program has been supplemented by the construction of a purpose built accommodation block and separate shower block in 1994. A substantial accommodation block with additional facilities was also built in 2001.
The present owners made enquiries with the local planning office in 2008 to explore development potential of the site. The response was positive with a preference leaning towards a mixed development, comprising business and residential elements.
Selling your home?
Selling your property? Visit www.grphelps.co.uk for details of our fixed fee service.
GR Phelps Estate Agents and Property Marketing for themselves and for the vendor of this property whose agents they are give notice
1) These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or a contract.
2) All statements contained in these particulars are made with out responsibility on the part of GR Phelps Estate Agents and Property
3) None of these statements contained in these particulars are to be relied upon as a statement or representation of fact.
4) Any intending purchaser must satisfy himself/herself by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of the statements
contained in these particulars.
5) The vendor doesn't make or give and neither do GR Phelps Estate Agents and Property Marketing nor any person in their
employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty what ever in relation to this property.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 0000120. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by G R Phelps Ltd, Harpenden. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.