8 bedroom detached house for saleGun Hill, Heathfield, East Sussex, TN21 0JS
Guide Price £1,950,000
- Substantial Victorian Country House
- In stunning rural location
- 5 reception room, 8 bedrooms
- Approx 5317 sq ft
- Approx 28.5 acres
Heathfield 5 miles, Lewes 12 miles, Royal Tunbridge Wells 18 miles.
Uckfield station circa 10½miles, also providing a mainline train service to London Victoria (approximately 64 minutes), Tunbridge Wells to London (Charing Cross in approximately 54
St Bedes, Eastbourne College, St Leonards Mayfield, Ardingly College, Benenden, Cranbrook and Sevenoaks. Preparatory
schools include Skippers Hill, Cumnor House and Holmewood House.
Racing at Goodwood, Lingfield and Brighton.
The East Sussex National, Piltdown, Royal Ashdown and Dewlands Manor.
Sailing, fishing and rowing are available at Bewl Water.
- Dating from circa 1896, with later additions, Swanwood Farm is a handsome late Victorian country house.
- Elegant, well-proportioned accommodation having a
wealth of period features is arranged over three
- The kitchen has a four-oven Aga, and is fitted with a range of bespoke units with polished granite work surfaces.
- Beyond the kitchen and breakfast room there is a superb open plan sitting room and orangery.
- Planning permission has been granted for the construction of a covered link from the orangery, which would lead to an indoor swimming pool.
- Other features include luxurious white bathroom suites, a number of attractive fireplaces, stained glass windows, cast iron radiators, a multi-room surround sound system, picture rails, wide skirting boards, panelled doors and an unusual turret room
on the second floor.
- In addition to the main house, and lying a short distance to the north is a substantial principally brick mainly two-storey building with an attached stable block. Planning permission has been granted by Wealden District Council to convert this building to
provide an annexe. Once converted the annexe would provide approximately 1,326 sq ft (123.2 m2) of accomodation.
- The gardens and grounds at Swanwood Farm provide a wonderful setting for this imposing country house.
- Immediately to the south-eastern of the house, is a wide sandstone terrace, from which there are wonderful views over the property’s gardens and grounds, and unspoilt countryside beyond.
- A path leads down to the all-weather tennis court, adjacent to which is a substantial timber gazebo, with a wide stone paved sitting area to one side.
- The land is divided into a number of large paddocks, together with an extensive area of attractive woodland, which is under planted with a mass of bluebells and intercepted by various pretty woodland paths.
Planning consent was granted by Wealden District Council on the 8th December 2006 under application number WD/2006/3051/F
for a single storey side extension to form an orangery linking to an indoor swimming pool.
The orangery has been constructed, and our clients’ architect informs us that the unimplemented elements of this consent
remain valid. In addition, planning consent was granted on the 15th July under application number WD/02/0400/F for the conversion of the brick outbuilding to form an annexe. Our
clients’ architects again inform us that this consent remains valid.
Mains water and electricity.
Shared private drainage.
Oil fired central heating.
Wealden District Council. Tel: 01892 653 311
East Sussex County Council. Tel: 01273 481 000
Travelling south on the A22 from Uckfield, continue through the villages of Halland and Whitesmith. Having passed the B2124 on the right, signposted to Lewes, continue south on the A22. Having passed the petrol station at Golden Cross on the left,
continue south on the A22 for approximately¾mile before turning left signposted Gun Hill (Nash Street). Continue along to Nash Street for approximately 2 miles, and having passed the Gun Public House on the right, continue to the brow of the hill, and the entrance drive leading to Swanwood Farmwill be found on the right. Proceed down the entrance drive, and the entrance gates will be found at the end.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-26479557.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference LAC130074. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Country Department. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.