3 bedroom detached house for saleDoniford, Watchet
- Semi Rural Location
- Detached Period Cottage
- Three Bedrooms
- Two Reception Rooms
- Charm & Character
- Landscaped Gardens
- Garage & Parking
- Countryside Views
The cottage is set within large landscaped gardens & enjoys local countryside views, we believe the cottage was formerly two cottages dating back to the 15th century & with the present day accommodation offering a wealth of character & charm from exposed beams & stone walls, inglenook fireplaces.
The property occupies a superb location between the historic harbour town of Watchet & the popular village of West Quantockhead. The property backs onto farmland & is within walking distance of the sea at Doniford. The cottage is set within large landscaped gardens & enjoys local countryside views, we believe the cottage was formerly two cottages dating back to the 15th century & with the present day accommodation offering a wealth of character & charm from exposed beams & stone walls, inglenook fireplaces, twin winding staircases & window seats.
The cottage has well presented accommodation throughout which has been combined with modern day comforts & period living. We highly recommend an internal inspection to fully appreciate what the property has to offer.
Double glazed door to front & double glazed windows to front & sides, tiled floor, inner door to kitchen.
Kitchen 17' x 7' 8" ( 5.18m x 2.34m )
Comprising a range of cream cottage style base cupboards & drawer units, worktop surfaces over, inset one & half bowl stainless steel sink unit, space & plumbing for dishwasher, inset small electric hob, exposed beams, tiled floor, oil fired AGA, space for fridge, archway to lounge, archway & step to utility room.
Utility Room 12' 4" x 9' 6" ( 3.76m x 2.90m )
Comprising a range of base cupboards & drawer units, worktop surfaces, inset Belfast sink unit, space & plumbing for washing machine, tiled floor, built in storage cupboard, stable door to garden, & double glazed windows to side & rear, door to
Double glazed window to rear, low level WC, wash hand basin, extractor fan, tiled floor, radiator.
Lounge 16' 10" x 14' 11" ( 5.13m x 4.55m )
Windows to front & side, fitted carpet, exposed beams, inglenook fireplace with a multi fuel burner & original decorative bread oven, TV point, door to staircase rising to first floor, door to sitting room.
Sitting Room 17' 11" x 16' 3" ( 5.46m x 4.95m )
Single glazed door to front entrance porch & single glazed windows to front, inglenook fireplace with woodburner, radiator, fitted carpet, exposed beams & exposed stone wall, door to staircase rising to first floor landing, doors to
Small hallway with window to front & built in cloaks cupboard, door to
Shower Room comprising double walk in shower, heated towel rail, low level WC, wash hand basin, single glazed window to front, tiled floor, extractor unit.
Study 17' 5" x 6' 6" ( 5.31m x 1.98m )
Double glazed window to rear, two tunnel lights to ceiling, exposed stone wall, exposed beams, integral door to garage.
First Floor Landing
Staircases to both ends of the property with wrought iron hand rails, fitted carpet, doors to
Master Bedroom 19' 8" x 13' ( 5.99m x 3.96m )
Single glazed windows to front overlooking the garden, open fireplace, exposed beams, TV point.
Double glazed window to rear, part tiled surrounds, vinyl floor, double sized shower cubicle, low level WC, shaver point, radiator.
Double glazed windows to front & side, fitted carpet, radiator, vanity wash hand basin, low level WC, bath, extractor unit.
Bedroom Three 9' 11" max (into window seat) x 8' 1" ( 3.02m max (into window seat) x 2.46m )
Single glazed window to side, fitted carpet, radiator, built in cupboards.
Bedroom Two 12' 9" x 11' 8" ( 3.89m x 3.56m )
Single glazed windows to front, fitted carpet, exposed beams, radiator, built in wardrobes.
The property is approached via the lane through double timber gates onto a concrete sweeping driveway offering ample parking & continues in front of the cottage to the garage.
Garage 30' 2" max x 20' 2" max ( 9.19m max x 6.15m max )
L-Shaped with power & light, integral door to study, oil fired central heating boiler, single glazed window, two up & over doors to front & rear.
The property is surrounded by large landscaped gardens comprising of several lawned areas, various mature flower & shrub beds, rockery flower garden, feature old cider press & garden store, path gives access to all sides of the cottage, vegetable garden with three greenhouses, potting shed, water feature & an orchard with fruit trees. The gardens are bordered by hedging & walling, with the rear garden backing onto farmland.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference MIH102013. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fox & Sons, Minehead. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.