12 bedroom guest house for sale2105. Melrose Villa Guest House, Kenneth Street, Inverness, IV3
- Business for sale
- Substantial stone built premises ideally located in the centre of Inverness
- Surrounded by a range of similar properties and businesses
- 3-storey guest house established in 1990
- Offers 9 letting rooms and 3-bedroom owners' accommodation
- Letting rooms mostly en-suite except for rooms 5 & 6, which have plumbing in place for installation
- Trades for nine months of the year with scope for all year
Melrose Villa Guest House occupies substantial stone built premises ideally located in the centre of Inverness. Situated on Kenneth Street, the property is surrounded by a range of similar properties and businesses. The business is within easy walking distance of the city centre and there is a bus stop close by. Inverness is a large and vibrant city, which is popular with tourists all year round who enjoy the wide range of amenities in the city, the outdoor activities in the surrounding areas and its connections with the legend of the Loch Ness Monster.
Preferred Commercial is delighted to offer for sale this 3-storey guest house, which was established in 1990 and which has been operated by our client since 2006. The business is only now presented to the market due to our client's wish to retire. The property benefits from Victorian proportions and boasts high ceilings, decorative cornicing and attractive interior archways. The property offers 9 letting rooms, 3-bedroom owners' accommodation, a patio area to the rear and a small enclosed garden to the front. The majority of the letting rooms have en-suite facilities, with the exception of rooms 5 & 6, which have plumbing in place for installation. The business trades for nine months of the year and generates a turnover in the region of £57,000 with a gross profit of 90%. Our client has built up a loyal customer base, with visitors returning every year to enjoy the local amenities. We feel there is potential to increase turnover by extending the trading months to all year round and by offering lunch and evening meals. The new owner could, if desired, apply for an alcohol license. This is an ideal lifestyle change opportunity to acquire a substantial property in a great location, which is already profitable and has further potential. Early negotiations with Preferred Commercial are highly recommended.
T/O: £57,000 approx.
Open: February to October
Closed: November to January
Substantial 3-storey stone built guest house with central heating, double glazing and Wi-Fi throughout. Briefly comprising:
• Dining room with tables and chairs for approximately 16 covers and coal-effect gas fire
• Private owners' lounge with fireplace
• Kitchen with 6-burner gas hob, double oven, sink unit, refrigerator, freezer, microwave oven, cupboards, dishwasher and extraction unit
• Utility room with washing machine, commercial tumble dryer and shelving
• Owners' accommodation comprising 2 x double bedrooms, single bedroom and shower room with shower, wash basin and WC
• Room 1. Double room with television, hospitality tray and en-suite facilities
• Room 2. Triple room with television, hospitality tray and en-suite facilities
• Room 3. Single room with television, hospitality tray and en-suite facilities
• Bathroom with walk-in shower, wash basin and WC
• Room 7. Single room with television, hospitality tray and en-suite facilities
• Room 8. Single room with television, hospitality tray and en-suite facilities
• Room 9. Double room with television, hospitality tray and en-suite facilities
• Room 6. Twin room with television, hospitality tray and sink unit
• Bathroom currently used with rooms 5 & 6
• Room 5. Family room with television, hospitality tray and sink unit
• Room 4. Double room with television, hospitality tray and en-suite facilities
• Small garden to front with railings
• Courtyard to rear with patio area
• Garden shed
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 2105. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Preferred Commercial, Nationwide. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.