This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
6 bedroom detached house for sale
Turnpike Road, Marazion, Cornwall
Tenure: FreeholdA surprisingly spacious property with superb views and offering potential for upgrading. Occupying a glorious position approximately 75 metres from Venton Cove on the outskirts of Marazion.
• 3 Reception Rooms, 2 Kitchens
• Visitor Accommodation On The First Floor
PROPERTY As you go down the drive towards Chymorvah East with Mounts Bay stretching out in front of you, you are immediately aware that this is a very special and privileged location in which to live.
- The exact age of the original property is unknown but two large extensions have been added over the years to create a surprisingly large, yet unassuming property. The accommodation is currently informally arranged with three bedrooms, bathroom, two reception rooms and kitchen on the ground floor and with a suite of three bedrooms, shower room, sitting room and kitchen upstairs. The property should therefore be of particular appeal to those retiring to Cornwall and wishing to live on one level yet have additional accommodation for visiting family members. Outside the gardens are south and west facing and paved for ease of maintenance with superb views of St Michaels Mount, the sea and Marazion Beach. Flower beds contain numerous perennials and spring bulbs and an ornamental pond has a waterfall with re-circulating pump. Summer house and small lean-to green house.
- The property offers excellent potential for improvement, either by the remodelling of the existing property or redevelopment of the site.
SURROUNDING AREAS Chymorvah East is situated on the outskirts of Marazion, a picturesque town on the shores of Mount's Bay. It offers clean, sandy beaches and one of the most beautiful bays in the world, providing a safe environment for swimming windsurfing, kitesurfing and sailing. The town is perhaps best known as the gateway to Saint Michael's Mount, the jewel in Cornwall's crown and accessed by a causeway at low tide. Marazion Marsh is in the care of the RSPB and is a haven for birdwatchers.
- There are numerous local facilities including a range of shops, doctor's surgery, pubs etc. Penzance is the principal town in West Cornwall and offers a shopping centre and main line railway station.
SERVICES Mains water and electricity, drainage to a private system. Oil-fired central heating.