This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
5 bedroom detached house for sale
- Stunning, Light and Airy Contemporary House
- Open Plan Kitchen/Dining Room
- Large Split Level Drawing Room
- Conservatory with Indoor Swimming Pool
- Master Bedroom with sitting and dressing areas and en suite
- 3 further Bedrooms plus Study/Bedroom 5
- Studio with own entrance and WC
- South Facing Landscaped Gardens to rear
- Fabulous South Facing Terrace and Roof Terrace
- Garage and Ample Parking
Tenure: FreeholdStunning, light and airy contemporary house with high specification situated in a pretty village close to Kingsbridge and Salcombe
Kingsbridge 1/2 mile Salcombe 4 miles (Distances approximate)
SITUATION AND DESCRIPITON
West Alvington is a small village located in the heart of the much sought after area of South Devon called the South Hams. The area is known for having particularly benign climate and consists of lush unspoilt countryside, hidden coombes and a spectacular coastline.
The Georgian market town of Kingsbridge is less than a mile away providing primary and secondary schools, as well as a more extensive range of interesting local shops, a national supermarket and many other amenities.
The nearby and vibrant town of Salcombe retains much of its original charm and character. The town's many restaurants, local pubs and boutique style shops have much to offer. The Salcombe estuary has numerous sandy beaches which help make it excellent for dingy sailing, water sports, boating and picnicking. Salcombe is also a famous yachting centre and provides a perfect cruising base to explore France, the Channel
Islands and the harbours and creeks of the West Country.
The A38 Devon Expressway is about 11 miles to the north, providing dual carriageway access to the M5 at Exeter. There are a number of good Intercity rail services from Totnes to London Paddington and a growing number of international flights from both Plymouth and Exeter airports. Brittany Ferries operate services to France, Spain and the Channel Islands from Plymouth.
Situated off the old Kingsbridge to Salcombe coach road, offering beautiful walks, with just twenty minutes to Collapit Bridge at the head of Collapit Creek and a further thirty minutes to the Salcombe Estuary passing Blanks Mill and Batson Creek.
The house is a true statement of contemporary living with vast swathes of glass, clean lines and stainless steel finishes throughout such as the brushed stainless steel staircases on both sides of the house. The bright living space is as impressive at night with clever lighting and beautiful
The house and annexe are private and not visible from the road with an understated approach until you leave the parking/garaging area which as you would expect has been beautifully designed.
The walk to the front door along a solid slate path surrounded by landscaped slate water streams with fully stocked shrub and flower beds is truly stunning. When you enter the front door the feeling of natural light and space is outstanding.
The inner hall has built in plant beds on both sides and leads through to the main galleried entrance hall. Straight in front is a huge glass window overlooking the sunken indoor swimming pool and through to the conservatory and rear garden.
The entrance hall, study and main reception room have Maplewood flooring which again adds to the high quality feel throughout.
The kitchen/dining room incorporates a full range of integrated appliances including dishwasher, fridge, Gaggenau oven and extractor fan plus a steamer and five ring hob. Unlike many rural properties mains gas is available for cooking. The stainless steel work surfaces echo that of a professional kitchen whilst providing a timeless yet contemporary finish with ultimate durability.
INDOOR SWIMMING POOL
On the garden level is an indoor swimming pool which links directly to the conservatory which covers the rear of the house. The heated pool with under water lighting provides a focal point of the house and has very easy access to the gardens, perfect for summer days.
Landscaped entrance with slate built stream. South facing landscaped gardens to rear. Side garden with deck and pagoda. Huge 26' south facing terrace with countryside views.
Studio with own entrance and WC.
GARAGE AND PARKING
Garage/car port. Parking for at least 8 cars.
Four of the five bedrooms have ensuite bath/shower rooms with stylish Italian fittings and tiles. The master bedroom suite has been designed to exacting standards. The space includes a sitting room, dressing area, bedroom and an exquisite master bathroom suite with sunken Italian tiled bath, shower and stone sink with designer taps and fittings.
The annexe/studio has its own separate entrance with cloakroom/WC and a large studio space on the first floor above the carport with Velux windows and full head height. This additional space could create a self contained unit by adding a bathroom (plumbing already there) and kitchen in the entrance hall.
Mains electricity. Mains gas. Mains water and drainage. Broadband Connection.
South Hams District Council, Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes, Devon, TQ9 5NR. Tel: 01803 861 234
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS
All items in the written text of these particulars are included in the sale. All others are expressly excluded regardless of inclusion in any photographs. Purchasers must satisfy themselves that any equipment included in the sale of the property is in satisfactory order.
Very strictly by appointment only through Marchand Petit (Kingsbridge office). Tel 01548 857588.
From Kingsbridge follow the A381 Salcombe Road. On reaching the village of West Alvington turn left at the centre onto Lower Street. At the fork in the road the entrance is on the left hand side with a gravel driveway.
1. These particulars are for guidance only. They are prepared and issued in good faith and are intended to give a fair description of the property, but do not constitute part of an offer or contract.
2. Any description or information given should not be relied on as a statement or representation of fact that the property or its services are in good condition. Neither Marchand Petit, nor any of its employees, has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to the property.
3. The photographs show only certain parts and aspects of the property at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances given are approximate only.
4. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any regulations or other consent has been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending purchaser.
5. Descriptions of a property are inevitably subjective, and the descriptions contained herein are used in good faith as an opinion and not by way of statement of fact. If any points of particular importance need clarifying before viewing, please do not hesitate to contact our office.