Property for saleTanera Mor, Summer Isles, Achiltibuie, Ullapool, Wester Ross, IV26
- Easily accessible private island off Scotland's north-west coast
- Varied coastline and freshwater lochans
- Principal house enjoying stunning views
- Portfolio of traditional cottages
- Tourism business with potential for expansion
- Private post office issuing Summer Isles stamps
- Sheltered offshore anchorage and three jetties
- Superb sailing, sea fishing and watersports
- About 307 hectares (760 acres) in all
Tanera Mòr is the main island of the Summer Isles archipelago, a group of rugged and exquisitely beautiful islands lying just 1.5 miles off the northwest coast of Scotland. Tanera Mòr has a coastline of approximately seven miles encompassing numerous cliffs, coves and beaches; innumerable perfect picnic spots interspersed with fresh water lochans; and wonderful waters in which to swim, sail and fish.
Tanera Mòr is reached via a short boat journey from Badentarbat Pier or Old Dornie Harbour. The pier is about 1.5 miles from the charming and popular west coast village of Achiltibuie. Alternatively, a larger vessel could be moored at Ullapool.
The island itself is self sufficient with regards to private water and power supplies and is an idyllic spot to enjoy all that island life has to offer. The Old Schoolhouse is the largest dwelling on the island and occupies a prominent location high above the bay looking over the water to Achiltibuie and the magnificent backdrop of the Assynt Mountains, of which Stac Pollaidh is the most famed.
Most of the island houses are traditional stone built houses which have been sympathetically restored for permanent use or holiday cottages. Broadly speaking, they are divided into three clusters at the northern, southern and western sides of the bay, each of which has its own jetty.
To allow flexibility the island is being offered for sale as a Whole or in individual lots.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30071487.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference INV120050. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Galbraith, Inverness. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.