5 bedroom character property for saleAckworth Road, Pontefract
- Substantial individually built 5 bedroom detached period property
- 4 reception rooms
- Superbly fitted breakfast kitchen and utility room
- 5 good sized bedrooms, ensuite to master bedroom
- Victorian style family bathroom
- Balcony from landing, offering outstanding views
- Gardens, circular drive and garage to front
- Most attractive, good sized, private gardens to rear and sides
- Sought after select gated development
- Highly regarded residential area on the outer edge of town centre
Ideal for the growing family, is this superbly presented, 5 bedroom detached, period property. Occupying a prime position in this select, gated development, on the outer edge of Pontefract town centre. Offering extremely spacious accommodation and, benefiting from a host of quality features.
William H Brown take great pleasure in offering to the market, this substantial, individually built, 5 bedroom detached family home. Tucked away in this select gated development, of just 5 individual properties and situated in this highly regarded residential area, on the outer edge of Pontefract town centre. Close to all amenities and offering easy access to the motorway network for those wishing to commute. Ideal for the growing family. The property offers superbly presented, exceptionally spacious accommodation throughout. An internal inspection is strongly recommended to appreciate the space and quality this family home has to offer. Having the usual requirements of gas central heating and double glazing and, benefiting from a host of period features throughout. The internal accommodation briefly comprises:
Inner hall with cloakroom off leading to a utility room
Superbly fitted breakfast kitchen and family room.
To the first floor there is a spacious landing with balcony offering views over the Kings School playing field, 5 particularly good sized bedrooms with the master having an en-suite shower room, house bathroom and separate toilet. Outside, to the front of the property, there are mature gardens and a circular driveway providing ample off-street parking, leading to the double garage. Whilst to the side and rear of the property, there are most attractive, good sized, private mature gardens.
With wood flooring, dado rail, central heating radiator and having a feature spindle staircase, leading to the first floor. With timber door leading out to the front of the property.
Lounge 18' 10" x 17' 5" ( 5.74m x 5.31m )
With walk-in bay window, looking out to the front of the property and having a further window to the side. Having a white traditional fire surround, with tiled hearth and cast iron insert. With Pine wood flooring, picture rail, ceiling rose and central heating radiator.
Dining Room 18' 11" x 17' 7" ( 5.77m x 5.36m )
With walk-in Bay window looking out to the front of the property and a further window to the side. Having a white traditional fire surround, with brick fireplace, Pine wood flooring, picture rail, ceiling rose and central heating radiator.
Play Room/ Study 13' 4" x 10' 11" ( 4.06m x 3.33m )
With Pine wood flooring, ceiling rose, ceiling coving, picture rail and central heating radiator. With timber/glazed door leading out to the rear of the property.
With wood flooring and picture rail.
Having a 2 piece white suite, comprising of a wash hand basin and low level WC. With part tiling to walls and full tiling to floor.
Having a range of Maple units to low level, with spaces for appliances and plumbing for washing machine. Set within the laminate worktops, there is a Belfast sink unit. With part tiling to walls and window looking out to the rear of the property.
Breakfast Kitchen 20' 9" x 10' 11" ( 6.32m x 3.33m )
Having a range of light Maple effect units to both high and low levels incorporating, integrated dishwasher, glass display units and with spaces for appliances. Set within the solid beech worktops, there is a Belfast sink unit and stainless steel, four ring gas hob and electric oven, having a feature extractor hood over. The focal point of this superb kitchen is an island operation area, with storage cupboards and display shelves under. With wood flooring to the dining area, tiling to floor in kitchen area and, having part tiling to walls and two windows. With door leading into...
Family Room 22' x 11' 1" ( 6.71m x 3.38m )
This particularly spacious reception room, has 2 feature arch French doors, with stained glaze panels, with arch windows to the side, leading out into the garden. With 2 central heating radiators.
First Floor Gallaried Landing
Having double French doors, leading out to a balcony looking out to the front of the property and offering outstanding views over the Kings High School playing fields. With ceiling rose, ceiling coving and dado rail.
Bedroom 1 17' 7" x 16' ( 5.36m x 4.88m )
With walk-in Bay window to the front of the property and a further window to the side. With Pine wood flooring, ceiling coving, ceiling rose, picture rail and central heating radiator.
En-Suite Shower Room
Having a white suite, with chrome fittings, comprising of a double shower cubicle, wash hand basin and a low level WC. Having tiling to walls, tiling to floor and a heated towel rail.
Bedroom 2 17' 7" x 16' ( 5.36m x 4.88m )
Another spacious bedroom, having a walk-in bay window to the front of the property and, a further window to the side offering outstanding views. With Pine boarding to floor, feature period style fire surround, with tiled hearth and insert, ceiling coving, picture rail, central heating radiator and having useful built-in storage cupboard.
Bedroom 3 13' 10" x 13' 5" ( 4.22m x 4.09m )
With window to the side of the property and Having a double glazed Sash window, 2 double built in wardrobes, a feature cast iron fireplace with tiled hearth, ceiling coving, dado rail, a central heating radiator and with Pine wood flooring.
Bedroom 4 13' 5" x 10' 4" ( 4.09m x 3.15m )
Having 2 windows looking over the rear gardens, a feature period style cast iron fireplace, built-in double wardrobe, Pine boarding to floor, picture rail and central heating radiator.
Bedroom 5 10' 5" x 7' 4" ( 3.18m x 2.24m )
Having a window overlooking the rear gardens and with central heating radiator. Access to loft, being part boarded, velux window, power and light.
This superbly fitted Victorian style bathroom, has the original free standing cast iron bath. With chrome mixer shower attachment and pedestal wash hand basin. With part boarded to walls, Pine boarding to floor, downlighters and central heating radiator.
Having a white low level w.c and with part boarding to walls and, Pine boarding to floor.
The property is approached over a chestnut tree lined drive, leading to secure remote control gates giving access to this small select development. The drive leads to a private circular drive, providing ample off street parking and giving access to a double garage having power, light and up and over door. To the front of the property there are well stocked mature gardens, with a paved area giving access to steps, leading to a stoned pillared porch, protecting the front entrance door. A pebbled path leads further by mature shrubs, leading down the side of the property to the rear. Where there is a good sized pebbled area, with feature circular, log edged lawned garden and, timber edged flowerbeds and boarders. Sleepered steps give access to further good sized gardens, laid primarily to lawn, with mature flowerbeds and flowerboarders, having a wide variety of shrubs and trees. To the side of the property a trellised arch way leads to a paved seating area, with timber raised planters, well stocked flowerbeds and having a wisteria covered gazebo over. The gardens are of an enclosed nature, offering the property a high degree of privacy and security.
The property can be approached by leaving Pontefract Town Centre along Mill Hill Road, proceed onto Ackworth Road and Kings View will be found immediately before the entrance to the Kings High School on the right hand side, accessed by a private drive way leading up to a gated entrance into the development.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference PON104948. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Pontefract. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.