2 bedroom farm house for saleMire House, Moor Lane, Grassington
Wilman & Lodge are pleased to offer for sale this 2 bedroom farm house in Grassington.
A stone built house and adjoining barn which we believe to date back to 1790 and 1881. Situated just off Moor Road which leads to Yarnbury and the open countryside which surrounds the village of Grassington. Mire House from its elevated position approximately 1000ft above sea level commands magnificent long distance views towards Ilkley Moor and Pendle Hill. The Yorkshire Dales National Park is famous for its beautiful open countryside and quaint villages.
The basic accommodation requires a complete modernisation/improvement scheme which would include the provision of an adequate water system and drainage scheme.
Approximately 15 acres of land is offered which surrounds Mire House and at present enjoys ESA (Environmentally Sensitive Area) status.
The picturesque square at Grassington is only a short drive away with excellent facilities which includes shops, public houses and restaurants. The bustling market town of Skipton is a further 9 miles to the south with its historic church, castle and regular colourful street market.
In April 2007 planning permission was granted to restore the former cart house giving a two storey extension which would provide significantly more living accommodation.
Accommodation is spread across 2 floors and comprises:
Panelled entrance door leading to the
* Entrance Hall
* Front Sitting Room: 3.51m x 4.11m (11' 6" x 13' 6")
with cast iron multi fuel stove with stone lintel and surround, open beamed ceiling.
* Kitchen: 2.67m x 3.89m (8' 9" x 12' 9")
with hot and cold water supply, solid fuel Raeburn stove which provides the hot water and a two radiator central heating system.
* Pantry: 1.4m x 3.05m (4' 7" x 10')
with understairs store area.
Stone staircase leading to the
* Front Bedroom: 4.14m x 4.67m (13' 7" x 15' 4")
with beamed ceiling.
* Rear Bedroom: 3.96m x 2.67m (13' x 8' 9")
* Potential Bathroom
hot and cold water supply.
* Adjoining Barn: 5.79m x 8.84m (average) (19' x 29')
plus recessed large door opening.
* Shippon: 2.74m x 3.35m (9' x 11')
* Piggery: 3.35m x 5.18m (11' x 17')
with loft area.
1. PLANNING APPLICATION ref C/33/237/C 4th August 2006 (Restoration of the farm house rebuilding of the former Cart House and installation of a septic tank...
2. PLANNING REFUSAL 2nd October 2006
3. APPEAL DECISION ref C9499/A/06/2029503 25th April 2007 - Permission granted.
COUNCIL TAX BAND A
SERVICES Electricity provided by diesel generator, drainage - private scheme to be constructed, present water is obtained from a well which is located to the rear of Mire House, central heating - two radiator system provided from the solid fuel Raeburn, hot water provided by the Raeburn.
TENURE The property is Freehold. Vacant possession will be given on legal completion of the sale.
VIEWING Please contact the Agents Skipton office where a member of staff will be pleased to make the necessary arrangements and supply any further information.
Please note we have not been able to test the equipment or installations in this property and recommend that prospective purchasers arrange for a qualified person to check any appliances before entering into any commitment.
PRICE £275,000 REF NO WL
This property is sold on a freehold basis.
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 10151. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Wilman & Lodge, Skipton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.