5 bedroom detached house for saleSt. Georges Road, Sandwich, Kent
- Substantial five bedroom 1920?s detached family home
- Mature gardens extending to just over half an acre
- Superb modern interior with four bath/shower rooms
- Gas central heating with recently replaced boiler
- New security alarm system installed in May 2014
- Convenient location close to Championship golf course
- EPC energy rating D (66)
This property is a stunning 1920s residence on the outskirts of Sandwich. Set in beautiful gardens of just over half an acre, this very well maintained, five bedroom detached house offers everything a discerning family could require. If you have older children, the very well respected Sir Roger Manwood’s co-ed grammar school is virtually across the road and, for golfing enthusiasts, the world famous Royal St George’s championship golf course and the Prince’s golf club are just down the road.With five bedrooms and three bath/shower rooms upstairs, this property offers plenty of flexibility. The master suite includes a range of fitted cupboards and a modern shower room, while two of the other bedrooms can share a shower room and the fourth and fifth one has access to the family bathroom.On the ground floor there is a dining room that could be used as a study or sixth bedroom as it is adjacent to a shower room. There is a well equipped kitchen and a delightfully spacious living room with an impressive brick wall and fireplace. The kitchen leads to the large and elegant conservatory, overlooking the garden. The gardens are divided into various areas, with a terrace for outdoor entertaining and a hot tub as well as an orchard, a fountain, lawns and mature shrubs and trees. There is also a double garage as well as a large driveway providing plenty of off road parking.
What the Owner says:
“We moved here eight years ago and thoroughly enjoy the peace and quiet. Our large garden leads to paddocks and make us feel we are almost in the country, yet we are only about a five minute walk from the centre of Sandwich, with its village atmosphere. Even the train station is less than half a mile away where you can get to St Pancras in 1 hour 27 minutes. We really love the town and its medieval buildings, wide range of wonderful restaurants, bars and individual shops and we can even walk along the riverbank to the beach in under half an hour and enjoy a bit of seal spotting.
It is a great family house as there is plenty of room for everyone to have their own space and the garden is a real joy. It is large enough for children to kick a ball around or even play ‘hide and seek’ and when we are on our own, there is nothing we like better that sitting in our hot tub late in the evening with a glass of wine, watching the stars. The house is also a wonderful place for entertaining as you can wander through from the large lounge into the conservatory that we have refurbished and, if the weather is good, guests can go from there into the garden.”
- GROUND FLOOR
- Entrance Hall
- Sitting Room: 25'10 x 22'10 (7.88m x 6.96m)
- Dining Room: 16'11 x 9'4 (5.16m x 2.85m)
- Conservatory: 18'8 x 16'7 (5.69m x 5.06m)
- Kitchen: 11'10 x 11'4 (3.61m x 3.46m)
- Shower Room/WC
- FIRST FLOOR
- Master Bedroom: 22'11 x 11'8 (6.99m x 3.56m)
- En-suite Shower Room: 8'0 x 5'4 (2.44m x 1.63m)
- Bedroom 2: 16'6 x 10'8 (5.03m x 3.25m)
- Bedroom 3: 11'1 x 9'5 (3.38m x 2.87m)
- Bedroom 4: 10'0 x 9'10 (3.05m x 3.00m)
- Bedroom 5: 13'1 x 8'11 (3.99m x 2.72m)
- Family Bathroom: 8'2 x 7'11 (2.49m x 2.41m)
- Shower Room: 6'10 x 6'3 (2.08m x 1.91m)
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 16000739. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, Canterbury. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.