This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
5 bedroom house for sale
Swanley Village Road, Swanley, Kent
- 3 reception rooms, gym, cellar
- 5 bedrooms
- 2 storey studio
- Landscaped garden with pool
- Village location
Laburnhum House is situated in the heart of Swanley Village which is ideally located for the great shops, restaurants and bars that Bluewater shopping centre has to offer. The village has two public houses, a good village school and a village church as well as the shops, banks and main line stations that the nearby towns of Swanley and Dartford have to offer. The village is a perfect semi rural location within reach of the larger commuter towns and all they have to offer.
Comprehensive Shopping: Swanley Town Centre, Dartford Town Centre and Bluewater Shopping Centre.
Mainline Rail Services: Swanley and Farningham Road mainline stations.
Primary Schools: St Pauls CE Primary School and various primary schools in the Hextable and Swanley area.
Secondary Schools: Dartford Girls Grammar School, Dartford Grammar (for boys), Wilmington Grammar School (for boys), The Grammar School for Girls - Wilmington, Hextable School, Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar School (mixed), Newstead Wood (grammar school for girls) and St Olaves (grammar for boys).
Private Schools: Farringtons and Babington House and also Private schools in the Chislehurst and Bromley area.
Motorway Links: Junction 3 of the M25 gives access to Gatwick and Heathrow Airports, Ebbsfleet International, Channel Tunnel Terminus, South Coast and Bluewater shopping centre. The M20 is also accessible from Swanley with links to Ashford International Station and Dover.
Laburnhum house dates back to 1905 and is set in the conservation area within Swanley Village. The property has retained many of its original features and has also been updated and finished to an exacting standard. A lovely family home set over four floors with great countryside views.
Points of note include:
- High ceilings.
- Ceiling roses throughout much of the property.
- New sash windows fitted.
- Tiled entrance porch with original tiles.
- Entrance hall
- Dual aspect drawing room with ornate fireplace and bay window.
- Sitting room with Claygate fireplace and bay window.
- Dining room.
- Downstairs cloakroom with console basin and WC. Oak floor.
- Dual aspect kitchen/breakfast room finished to a high standard with stunning views of the countryside. There is an oak floor and ample fitted floor and wall units including display cabinets. The large island unit provides a casual dining space for modern family living. There are many integrated appliances including: a microwave, steam oven, two zone wine fridge, coffee machine, dishwasher and range cooker with a four burner gas hob with griddle fitting (extractor above). There is space for an American style fridge freezer and two sinks set into the oak work surfaces. Door out to the rear garden.
- Steps lead down to the cellar where there are two rooms, one of which is currently used as a gym and the other is used as a workshop. The utility area has a sink and plumbing for a washing machine and tumble dryer. There is also further storage space under the stairs. Mains pressure water cylinder.
- To the first floor is a fully tiled shower room with basin, shower cubicle, heated towel rail and high flush WC.
- The master bedroom has an en-suite shower room with double shower cubicle, basin and WC.
- Fully tiled family bathroom with freestanding bath, basin and WC.
- Bedroom two has two sets of double fitted wardrobes with mirrored doors.
- There are two further bedrooms to the first floor both with views over the rear garden and beyond.
- To the second floor of the property is a further bedroom. This room has stunning far reaching views over the countryside. The room is clad with pine with a vaulted ceiling and Velux windows letting in plenty of natural light. There is an en-suite shower room with basin, shower cubicle, heated towel rail and WC. The eaves storage cupboard wrap around the room providing ample storage and there are clothes rails fitted. Additional access to loft storage area.
- To the front of the property is a lawn area with planted beds fronted by a wrought iron fence and gate.
- The large rear patio is laid with Indian sandstone tiles and provides a space for outdoor entertaining. Steps lead down to a lawn area with neatly planted beds with mature trees and shrubs. An L shaped outdoor heated swimming pool sits further down the garden with its own paved patio seating area. A further lawn sits to the rear of the garden where there is a gate in the rear fence leading out to the fields beyond. There are 5.5 acres of fields which are in trust to the village and cannot be built on, giving the property uninterrupted views of the beautiful Kent countryside and of the village church. There is a further shed for storage and to the side of the property is a bin store area.
- To the rear of the house is a studio with two levels with light and power. A driveway to the side of the property provides off street car parking. There is a gated off courtyard section of this driveway besides the rear studio.
- Total plot of approx a third of an acre.
From the Locksbottom office, depart on Crofton Road (A232) and turn left onto Farnborough Common (A21) and continue along for taking the second exit at the roundabout. At the next roundabout take the second exit and at the third roundabout take the second exit (continuing along the A21). When you reach the roundabout for the M25 (Hewitts Roundabout) take the third exit and join the M25 heading towards Swanley. Continue along the M25 until you reach the next exit (junction 3). Take this exit and follow the slip road towards Swanley (first exit off the roundabout). Continue along the London Road towards Swanley Town Centre and then take the turning on the right hand side onto Beechenlea Lane. Continue along to the end of Beechenlea Lane and turn left on Swanley Village Road. Laburnham House is in front of you at this turning.