7 bedroom detached house for saleSynwell Farm, Synwell Lane, Wotton-Under-Edge, GL12
- Period property
- Centre of Cotswold Market Town
- Large Residence
- Adjacent business premises
- Potential to divide into pair of semi-detached residences
- Potential conversion to residential business use
- Planning consent granted for 5 new detached family dwellings on the site (lapsed)
- Countryside views
- Off road parking
- Excellent transport links
Synwell Farmhouse comprises a period property at the heart of Wotton-under-Edge, situated at the entrance to the popular Jays Mead development. Wotton-under-Edge is a popular Cotswold market town, with good links to the M5 motorway providing convenient access to Bristol and the South West.
The property has wide ranging appeal, with a large house and adjacent business premises. It is considered that the house could be reverted to two independent family dwellings, each with generous Gardens, or converted for a residential business use (possible Nursery or Residential Home – subject to planning), alternatively part could be used for other homeworking.
There is double glazing throughout with traditional features, such as exposed beams and open fires although some modernisation is required.
Outside, the Commercial Workshop and Yard has been used as an operating centre for 2 Heavy Goods Vehicles, although is perhaps better suited to a less intensive use, providing good secure Storage.
The whole site has previously been granted consent for redevelopment, for 5 new detached family dwellings. The consent has now lapsed, although it is considered could be re-applied for either as a similar scheme or for retention of the existing dwelling and a smaller number of new plots.
The property has dual access off of Synwell Lane and Jays Mead and enjoys views over St Marys Church towards open countryside beyond.
There is an extensive lawn area adjacent to the drive, including a substantial garden pond. To the rear of the workshop is a vegetable garden.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-32317019.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 70040. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by David James & Partners, Wotton-Under-Edge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* The speed displayed is the maximum broadband speed package available on comparethemarket.com. These may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.