5 bedroom detached house for saleMain Street, Whitton, North Lincolnshire, DN15
Withdrawn from Market
- Important four/five bedroom Grade II Listed Georgian farmhouse in historic village
- South facing home within approximately 1 acre grounds with covered pool & former tennis court
- Flexible accommodation includes formal dining room, sitting room, large second lounge & farmhouse kitchen with laundry, pantry & stores
- First floor landing serving four generous bedrooms together with a restyled family bathroom
- Large fifth bedroom/office leading to games room which could become independent living if required
- Four car garage with office and gym over
- Outstanding period property suited to convivial entertaining
- EPC Rating: "EXEMPT"
:: 4/5 BED GEORGIAN HOME :: 1 ACRE GROUNDS :: COVERED POOL :: GAMES ROOM :: FOUR CAR GARAGE ::
Offered for sale through Fine and Country Northern Lincolnshire, The Grove is an important Grade II Listed Georgian farmhouse which has been extended to provide substantial four/five bedroom accommodation offering the flexibility and versatility demanded by modern life. It is a home for family entertainment in a community minded historic village on the shores of the River Humber.
The balanced façade with its central hallway opening to the south facing sitting room and formal dining room hints at its former glories. An inner hallway with cloakroom converted from the former butler’s pantry leads to the principal lounge with bespoke handmade cupboards and polished timber fireplace. The 18’11 oak effect farmhouse kitchen is ideal for relaxed socialising and allows access to the large laundry room, walk in pantry and covered entrance with stores and boiler room. A practical area redolent of its history as a working farmhouse.
The first floor retains the traditional balance with a main landing serving two double bedrooms, one of which enjoys en-suite facilities. An inner landing with the original ladder to the loft leads to a further two double bedrooms and recently restyled family bathroom with both bath and separate shower. The remaining 20’11 bedroom – currently used as an office – links to the games room with bar. It is felt that this suite of rooms could easily become an annex for independent living if required.
The Grove is fronted by formal lawned gardens with a par terre and a productive kitchen garden leads to a lawn formerly used as a tennis court. Beyond the extensive reception area with its four car garage and suite of offices over there is an outstanding walled entertainment area which includes a covered pool with changing room, decked viewing area and additional store rooms.
Ideally suited to convivial entertaining and socialising, The Grove exemplifies a traditional Georgian Lincolnshire farmhouse.
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 4159962. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, North Lincolnshire. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.