This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
6 bedroom house for sale
Bishops Walk, Shirley Hills, Surrey
- 3 reception rooms and cinema
- 6 bedrooms
- Beautiful secluded grounds
- Detached indoor swimming pool
- Integral garages
Langtons is situated between the prestigious Addington and Addington Palace Golf Courses, which also provide opportunities for other sporting and leisure pursuits. Addington Village, Shirley and West Wickham High Streets all offer local shopping and, with the tram stop less than one mile away, one can be in central London within approximately 40 minutes, utilising the tram and rail services.
Comprehensive Shopping: Bluewater Shopping Centre, Whitgift and Centrale in Croydon and The Glades in Bromley.
Mainline Rail Services:
Coombe Lane (0.5 miles) to Wimbledon and East Croydon (Tramlink route 3) (also frequent bus services to East Croydon and elsewhere).
South Croydon (2.7 miles) to London Bridge (21 minutes), Victoria, Charing Cross, Clapham Junction and Waterloo East.
East Croydon (3.1 miles) with frequent fast trains to London Bridge (15 minutes), Victoria, Charing Cross and Gatwick Airport (15 minutes). Also Blackfriars, City Thameslink, Kings Cross Thameslink, Clapham Junction and the South Coast.
Primary Schools: Gilbert Scott, Benson, Forestdale, St John's C of E, Selsdon, Applegarth and Spring Park.
Secondary Schools: Selsdon High, John Ruskin College, Shirley High School Performing Arts College, Coloma Convent Girls' School, Archbishop Tenison's C of E, St Andrews C of E, Beckmead and Edenham High.
Independent Schools: Whitgift, Royal Russell, Little David's, Trinity, Rutherford, Croydon High, Old Palace and Hillcrest London.
Motorway Links: The A232 Croydon Road and A21 Hastings Road lead to Junction 4 of the M25 giving access to the Dartford Crossing, Channel Tunnel Terminus, Ebbsfleet International, the South Coast and Bluewater shopping centre. The A23 through Croydon and Purley leads to Junction 7 of the M25 giving access to Gatwick and Heathrow Airports. The A22 via Selsdon and Caterham leads to Junction 8 of the M25.
Nestled within a small hillside in a prestigious location, this beautiful property offers complete privacy. Arranged over three floors, Langtons provides elegantly styled accommodation in immaculate condition.
Points of note include:
- Split level reception hall featuring an elegant fireplace and two sets of French double doors opening onto the rear garden.
- The well proportioned and positioned reception rooms form as excellent entertaining areas. The double aspect drawing room enjoys outlooks over the front and rear of the property. It features an impressive floor to ceiling brick fireplace and floor length windows admitting plenty of natural light. French doors give access to the rear garden. The dining room benefits from double French doors opening onto a balcony to enjoy views over the front of the property. The family room features a fireplace and also enjoys views over the front.
- The substantial kitchen/breakfast room provides a light and inviting atmosphere. It comprises an attractive and comprehensive range of wall and base units, including a central island unit. Some of the integral appliances include, Range cooker and Neff dishwasher. Double French doors open onto the decked terrace, ideally positioned for entertaining. Adjacent utility room.
- The cinema room features projector with a remote control screen, surround sound system, amplifier and Blueray DVD providing the ultimate at home cinema experience.
- The luxurious master suite comprises dressing area with ample fitted wardrobes, bedroom and en suite with bath and shower.
- There are five further bedrooms, two of which benefit from en suites, with one providing a dressing room.
- The family bathroom completes the first floor accommodation.
- The house is approached via electronic gates opening onto a long sweeping gravel driveway providing complete privacy.
- Parking is provided on the drive and within the integral double and single garage.
- The secluded rear garden has a decking area ideal for alfresco dining. There is a detached heated swimming pool with changing rooms and lounging area.
- The grounds are very well stocked with mature trees, shrubs and evergreen hedging offering a combination of tranquility and seclusion.
From our offices in Locksbottom turn left onto the A232 Crofton Road, at the traffic lights turn right then immediately left onto the A232 Croydon Road. Continue to the follow the road for about 2 Â½ miles, when you reach the roundabout take the first exit onto the A2022 Addington Road. Continue straight across the next two roundabouts. At the third roundabout, turn right into Gravel Hill. At the next set of traffic lights at the top of the hill, turn right into Shirley Hills Road and then immediately right into Bishops Walk. Langtons can be found on the left-hand side towards the end of the road.