This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
5 bedroom equestrian facility for sale
Five Farthings Farm, Westbury, Wiltshire, BA13 4BU
- 4 reception rooms, 5 bedrooms
- Office, study, 4 bath/shower
- Gym, steam room, garages
- Outbuildings, paddocks
- In all about 66 acres
Five Farthings Farm sits on the edge of Dilton Marsh in a rural yet accessible location in West Wiltshire. The village is in the middle of the triangle formed by the major towns of Trowbridge, Warminster and Frome. The village provides most everyday amenities including a train station, primary school, pre-school, small supermarket, farm shop, public house, post offi ce and church along with a large number of clubs and societies. There is an excellent range of both private and state schools in the surrounding area including Warminster School, All Hallows and Dauntsey's.
The village is conveniently situated close to Westbury which has a further range of amenities and a main line train station to London Paddington. The larger centres of Warminster and Bath are situated four and thirteen miles away respectively and provide comprehensive shopping and amenity facilities. The popular attraction of Longleat House and safari park is located a couple of miles to the south. There is an excellent network of roads in the area to all parts of the country
including the A350 and A36 with links to the M4 motorway.
- Five Farthings Farm is a very spacious property set on the edge of Dilton Marsh
- Bought in 1991 by the current owners the property has been substantially extended over recent years
- Designed as an 'upside-down house' the majority of the living accommodation is located on the first floor making the most of the views
- Entrance hall with impressive butterfl y staircase leading up to the main living accommodation
- Fully fi tted kitchen/breakfast room with integral appliances and granite worktops
- Dining room with double doors leading through to the spacious sitting room with a handmade brick fireplace with wood burning stove, bar and French windows leading out to the terrace
- A kitchenette, cloakroom, snooker room, garden room and offi ce are situated off the sitting room but can also be accessed by a lift from the ground fl oor. This part of the house was specifi cally designed with a fl exible layout so that it could either be used as an annexe or as additional
- The master bedroom suite is on the fi rst fl oor and has fully fitted wardrobes and ensuite bathroom with wc, wash hand basin, bidet, shower and Jacuzzi bath
- There are four further double bedrooms and three bath/shower rooms on the ground fl oor
- A gym with his and hers changing rooms and a steam room are also located on the ground fl oor as well as a utility room and two integral garages
- The house is approached through electric gates with a paved tree lined drive leading to the house and parking area.
- The attractive gardens are mainly to the rear of the house and have impressive views over the surrounding countryside.
- The landscaped gardens are laid to lawn, interspersed with mature shrubs and beds. There is an ornamental pond and an 'Amish' built timber summer house.
Outbuildings and paddocks
- Five bay, steel portal framed general purpose barn
currently used for stabling with six loose boxes, tack room
and feed store
- Further hay barn and loose pens
- Secure equipment store
- All weather manege ( 40m x 20m )
- Attractive parkland and pasture extending to about 66 acres in total. The paddocks are enclosed with a combination of post and rail or stock proof fencing.
Please see floor plan for dimensions and layout.
From Salisbury head west on the A36 towards Bath. Follow the A36 around the Warminster by-pass. At the roundabout with the A350 continue on the A36 signposted towards Bristol and Bath. Take the left hand turning onto the A3098 towards Westbury and Dilton Marsh. Continue on the A3098 towards Westbury. After about half a mile turn left onto The Hollow signposted Dilton Marsh. The entrance to Five Farthings Farm can be found at the bottom of the hill on the left hand side.