This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
7 bedroom terraced house for sale
Chester Square, London
Located in the south western corner of Chester Square, enjoying the quietest position, a substantial and considerably larger than average family house. The house uniquely benefits from a double mansard, an unusually large mews house to the rear, and a lift. It has recently been the subject of a 3 years renovation and "rebuild", behind the Grade II listed facade, and under the expert supervision and project management of internationally renowned project managers and interior designers Finchatton. The extent of the quality of finish, design and specification is second to none, and it would be difficult to find another house in central London completed to such an exemplary standard today.
Aside from a de rigeur international specification such as air cooling, lutron lighting, crestron fully automated audio visual, passenger lift, under floor heating, comprehensive security, surround sound cinema, fully equipped gymasium, steam room with shower and wireless internet there is an abundance of luxuriously appointed bathrooms using the highest quality marble and stone.
The cinema room is a symbiosis of luxury and technology. The walls are panelled with sound absorbing material, and wool carpets conceal sound-absorbing felt. A Crestron (automated) system allows music to fade out, lights to dim and the film to begin.
In short, this house is one of the few truly "turn key" international homes for sale in prime central London today, complete with exquisite craftsmanship and luxury, where a buyer can literally take immediate occupation, complete with all the furnishings, fixtures and fittings. The artwork is also available for sale.
Chester Square is located in the heart of Belgravia, immediately to the south of Eaton Square. It is one of the largest garden squares in Belgravia, enjoying large expanses of private lawned gardens enjoyed only by the residents of the square. Immediately nearby, there are a large number of excellent and exclusive speciality shops, restaurants and recreational amenities in Elizabeth Street, Eccleston Street and Lower Belgrave Street. To the west, and also very nearby, there are first class facilities in Sloane Square, including Peter Jones, the international boutique shops in Sloane Street and the antique shops in Pimlico Road. The gardens of Belgrave Square, with a tennis court and childrens' play area, are located just to the north, of which residents can enjoy the use (subject to certain conditions laid down by Grosvenor Estate).
Belgravia was built almost entirely on the "Five Fields", part of the land acquired by Sir Thomas Grosvenor in 1677 on his marriage to the heiress Mary Davies. The name is derived from Belgrave Square, the origin being Belgrave, a small village in Cheshire on the Grosvenor's ancestral estate. The entrepreneurial Grosvenor family, identifying a smart new district between Chelsea and Mayfair, instructed James Wyatt to prepare an early plan to develop the area. The southern part of Belgravia was conceived by Thomas Cubitt in the 1820's, and finished in the late 1840's, which included Chester Square, one of the most tranquil of Belgravia's garden squares. Disected by Eccleston Street, and overlooked from the south west by St Michael Church (Thomas Cundy II 1846), the axis is parallel with Eaton Square, which it resembles in being much longer than it is wide. The long stucco fronted terraces of Chester Square were built by the Cundy brothers and are amongst the most distinctive and grand houses in Belgravia.