3 bedroom house for saleThorne, Yeovil
Sold STC £229,950
- Spectacular Location
- Stunning period cottage
- Inglenook fireplace
- New kitchen
- New boiler
- Recently rewired
- Double glazing
- Gas central heating
A fantastic opportunity to acquire this stunning Hamstone cottage in the very sought after hamlet of Thorne. Dating back to the 1700’s, this cottage has retained many of its period features including Hamstone mullions and an impressive inglenook Hamstone fireplace. Despite its age and character, the property has undergone extensive works in recent years to include modern double glazing, gas central heating (new boiler fitted Dec 2012), a new kitchen, recent bathroom and rewiring (2012). The resulting property has an attractive mix of character and modern conveniences within this beautiful picturesque hamlet overlooking open countryside.
The light and airy accommodation briefly comprises a recently fitted kitchen-diner with solid oak units and spacious lounge with inglenook fireplace on the ground floor. Above are two double bedrooms, a further single bedroom and a family bathroom. Outside is a large outbuilding with light and power that doubles as a utility room, and two garden areas both with stunning rural views. The larger of the two gardens also benefits from a substantial summer house looking across rolling countryside to the south.
Thorne Coffin, or Thorne as it is known locally, is a small hamlet located to the north-west of Yeovil. Thorne itself is situated on a no-through road and comprises a collection of attractive Hamstone properties set within rolling countryside. Thorne is incredibly quiet and retains a very rural feel yet maintains very good links to Yeovil and local amenities being only 2.5 miles from the town centre. Wistaria cottage is located towards the north end of the hamlet with the front of the property and gardens in a southerly aspect.
This is a truly stunning property in a unique and attractive location. Packed with character; Wistaria Cottage has been thoughtfully improved in recent years by the current owners and it cannot be stressed enough how essential it is to view the property to appreciate it and the surrounding village and countryside alike.
Council Tax Band = C (£1332) EPC Rating = D
Double glazed stable door leads to:
KITCHEN/BREAKFAST ROOM: 18' x 8'10" (5.50m x 2.69m). A light double aspect room with glazed stable style door to the front and double glazed window to the rear. Fitted with a range of solid oak wall, base units and display units with counter tops and tiling to splash prone areas. Inset 1.5 bowl ceramic sink with drainer and chrome mixer tap over, integrated fridge freezer, dishwasher and 900mm stainless steel belling double electric oven and 5 burner gas hob (included within sale) with matching stainless steel extractor over. Exposed timber lintels, exposed timber floorboards, inset spot lights and under counter lights, radiator and wall mounted Glow-Worm gas combi-boiler (installed Dec 2012). Boxed in consumer unit with new style RCD protected consumer unit. Exposed timber door into:
LIVING ROOM: 17'10" x 13'10" (5.44m x 4.21m). Large square light room benefiting from double glazed mullion windows to front and rear aspects with exposed brick / Hamstone reveals and window seat to the front. Large Hamstone inglenook fireplace with large oak lintel and inset double door multi fuel log burner .Large useful built in understairs storage cupboard, 2 radiator and stairs rising to:
FIRST FLOOR LANDING: Galleried landing with access to loft, inset spotlights and exposed lintel. Solid wooden doors into:
BEDROOM ONE: 12'0" x 9'11" (3.67m x 3.03m). Good sized double bedroom with vaulted ceiling, exposed timber purlin, double glazed window to rear and radiator.
BEDROOM TWO: 10'3" + built in wardrobe x 8'10" (3.12m + built in wardrobe x 2.69m). Good sized double bedroom benefiting from large double door built in wardrobe. Vaulted ceiling, exposed timber purlin, double glazed window to rear and radiator.
BEDROOM THREE: 8'10" x 7'1" (2.7m x 2.16m). Single bedroom currently used as am office with double glazed window to front and radiator. Vaulted ceiling with exposed timber purlin.
BATHROOM: Family bathroom with frosted double glazed window to front aspect. White suite with panelled bath and shower over with glass shower screen. Tiling to splash prone areas, pedestal wash hand basin and low level close coupling toilet. Wood effect flooring, heated towel rail and vaulted ceiling with exposed timber purlin.
OUTSIDE: To the front of the property is a raised decked seating area taking full advantage of the stunning views on offer. Outside light and outside tap. Path leading to:
OUTBUILDING/UTILITY ROOM: 10'2" x 10'0" (3.10m x 3.05m). Large useful storage are with light and power fused to a separate consumer unit. Sink unit, cupboard, space and services for washing machine and tumble dryer, storage area, flagstone flooring and frosted double glazed light window.
GARDEN: The garden is enclosed and surrounded by stunning open countryside. There is a lawn area, raised patio/seating area and a range of well stocked mature plant and shrub beds.
SUMMER HOUSE:5'9" + storage area x 7'1" (2.70m + storage area x 1.76m). Timber summerhouse with bifold glazed timber doors and glazed side panel. Situated in a southerly aspect and offering fantastic views of the countryside to the south. Decked area to the front and additional storage area to the side.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS.
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33189111.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 192. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Elkington Childs, Yeovil. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.