This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
4 bedroom detached house for sale
St Hilary, Westra, Dinas Powys
- £1000 BUYER'S INCENTIVE AVAILABLE (subject to terms and conditions)
- Detached Villa
- Exclusive Address
- About three Acres
- Paddocks & Stables
- Two Driveways
- Two Storey Coach House
- Tennis Court
A detached villa set in approximately three picturesque acres of formal gardens and paddocks. The original villa dates from the Edwardian era, and has since been extended to accommodate a hall, snug, dining room, drawing room, utility room, cloakroom, four bedrooms and two bathrooms.
The original villa dates from the Edwardian era and has since been extended to accommodate a hall, snug, dining room, drawing room, utility room, cloakroom, four bedrooms and two bathrooms.
The property in surrounded by beautiful formal gardens accessed from the principal drive, that also leads to a two storey coach house. The stables and paddocks have separate gated access to Westa and link to the tennis court. Behind the house and turning circle sits a useful car port, garage and timber chalet/ summer house.
The house is approached via a sweeping driveway which runs through beautiful mature gardens which passes the coach house to the right hand side and provides access to the garage, hardstand and house.
The house is accessed via a solid wooden front door that opens to the hall, which leads to the ground floor accommodation and has a half turning staircase, chandelier and picture window to the front aspect.
The ground floor accommodation includes a snug, dining room, cloak room, utility, breakfast room/ kitchen and the formal drawing room.
The snug is a cosy retreat with a front facing window, the formal dining room formed part of the original build, has fitted cupboards and shuttered windows to the front and is located at the otherside. The drawing room overlooks a Mediterranean style sun terrace to the side and has French doors opening to the front garden. At the rear of the house is a open plan kitchen/diner, that in turn leads to the utility and shower room.
The first floor accommodation includes a master bedroom with en suite bathroom, an office, three more bedrooms and a family bathroom.
A two storey detached coach house is located to the front of the property and has interchangeable accommodation which makes this a very useful addition. The top floor currently includes a studio and office, while the ground floor is currently utilised as a workshop/ garage, has a shower room, has pedestrian access to the side and two garage doors at the front.
Chalet/ Summer House
A detached wooden summer chalet is situated at the rear of the house.
The property in surrounded by beautiful formal gardens accessed from the Westra. The front garden has a wonderful Magnolia tree, a Horsechestnut tree, a well maintained front lawn, inset mature flower borders and has a front drive.
The driveway continues to the front of the house with turning circle and access to the car port and garage to the right, while at the left of the house a Mediterranean terrace makes a sun trap with inset flowers, shrubs and palm tree.
The stables and paddocks have separate gated access to the Westa and are fenced off from the gardens and the tennis court. A bank and row of trees mark the start of the gardens situated behind the house with more mature trees and the aforementioned timber chalet/ summer house.
The subject property is well situated on a semi rural road on the Western outskirts of the well regarded Vale of Glamorgan village of Dinas Powys. A short way along from The Westra, is Dinas Powys common, and just down the hill from here is the Old Village Square.
From the M4 juntion 33 (Cardiff West), exit onto the A4232. Follow the road until the roundabout and take Port Road A4050. Continue along the road until you reach the Roundabout signposted Dinas Powys and take the first exit left to St Andrew's Road. Continue along until a sharp right hand turn onto the Westa. The subject property is situated on the right hand side.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.