5 bedroom semi-detached house for saleThe Retreat, Lanteglos Highway
- Five bedroom converted Sunday school/Chapel.
- Could be adapted into two dwellings.
- Views over the countryside/creek.
- Many architectural features.
- A large kitchen/dining room on mezzanine floor.
- Huge games room/workshop/studio.
- Oil fired central heating.
- Courtyard garden.
This is a superb property set in a great location in a small hamlet very close to the Bodinnick and the estuary which enjoys glorious views over the open countryside and Penpoll creek. The house is full of character, making the most of the unusual accommodation; the house is split over different levels. The old chapel would have three bedrooms as well as a large sitting room, fantastic open plan kitchen/dining room and a utility room and a huge games room/studio or workshop. Throughout the building there are the arched chapel windows, a wonderful galleried kitchen/dining room at the top of the building with exposed beams and views through the main chapel windows towards the creek and countryside. This is a really exciting and huge property close to the estuary.
Outside there is a pretty walled garden courtyard with big views and opposite the property there is undesignated parking for the hamlet.
Location Information The Fowey Estuary is well known for its safe anchorage and excellent yachting facilities. Bodinnick is a traditional waterside hamlet situated on the eastern bank of the Fowey River. There is a local Inn and a number of cottages and houses nestling into the hillside. A regular car/passenger ferry crosses over to the harbour town of Fowey where there are everyday facilities including shops, banks, a post office, library, medical centre, cafes, inns and restaurants etc. For the walking enthusiast there are many scenic coastal walks nearby.
Property ref: 121_903_3641233
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33528306.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 3641233. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fowey River Estate Agency, Cornwall. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.