2 bedroom flat for sale47 Spylaw Street, Colinton, Edinburgh, EH13 0JT
- Well presented two bedroom upper Victorian colony flat situated in Colinton village, lying south of Edinburgh city centre
- The property comprises entrance hallway, upper hallway, living room, kitchen, two bedrooms and bathroom.
- In good decorative order, the property further benefits from wooden DG sash and case windows, GCH, lots of period features, private front and rear garden (summer house in front garden), reserved resid
- Located close to Bonaly Primary School, Merchiston Campus and George Watsons College and Bruntsfield Links. The village itself provides for everyday shopping needs and a good range of local amenities
- Home Report available online.
* LISTED £10,000 BELOW HOME REPORT VALUE * Well presented two bedroom upper Victorian colony flat situated in Colinton village, lying south of Edinburgh city centre. The property comprises entrance hallway, upper hallway, living room, kitchen, two double bedrooms and bathroom. In good decorative order, the property further benefits from wooden DG sash and case windows, GCH, lots of period features, private front and rear garden (summer house in front garden), reserved residents parking and unrestricted on street parking. Located close to Bonaly Primary School, Merchiston Campus and George Watsons College and Bruntsfield Links. The village itself provides for everyday shopping needs and a good range of local amenities including its own Post Office, bank, pubs and restaurants, with many major supermarkets and further retail provision within a short radius. Whilst enjoying this semi-rural situation, Colinton Village lies approximately 5 miles south west of the city centre and benefits from a good local bus service and road access to the main trunk routes, Edinburgh City Bypass and the motorway network.
Entrance Hallway - 21' 3'' x 3' 4'' (6.50m x 1.03m)
Entrance hallway with stairs leading to first floor. Comprising multiple light fittings, varnished floor boards, storage cupboard and radiator.
First Floor Landing
First floor landing, accessed by varnished wooden staircase. Comprising uplighters, solid wood floor, glass brick window provides borrowed light from the rear bedroom window.
Living Dining Room - 16' 0'' x 17' 7'' (4.88m x 5.37m)
'L' shaped living/dining room, situated to the rear of the property. Comprising centre light fitting, uplighters, wood fire surround with cast iron inset with grate, which is fully operational, varnished floor boards, open press style cupboard, cable TV point, phone point and radiator. Two windows offering views over Spylaw Street and the old bridge over the Water of Leith. There is a low level shelved cupboard under the stairs, accessed from the dining area. The glass brick wall lends borrowed light to the central bathroom and beyond and allows borrowed natural light through from the rear of the property.
Kitchen - 9' 8'' x 9' 4'' (2.95m x 2.85m)
Modern fitted kitchen is situated to the front of the property, with view over the garden. Comprising 5 ring gas hob, electric oven, extractor hood, integrated fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, ceramic sink, laminate worktops, centre light fitting, tiled floor, radiator and window. The large glass brick wall lends borrowed natural light through into the central bathroom and beyond to the living room.
Bedroom 1 - 14' 6'' x 13' 4'' (4.44m x 4.07m)
Double bedroom, situated to the front of the property, with view over garden and Water of Leith. Comprising solid wood floor, dormer window and conservation skylight window, both double glazed, wall mounted lighting and radiator. Ample eaves storage space.
Bedroom 2 - 17' 4'' x 12' 10'' (5.30m x 3.93m)
'L' shaped double bedroom, situated to the rear of the property. Comprising solid wood floor, ample eaves storage, wall mounted lighting and radiator. Velux style windows with superb views to the bridge, churchyard and wooded areas.
Bathroom - 9' 8'' x 5' 8'' (2.97m x 1.75m)
Bathroom is situated off hallway. Comprising free standing roll top bath with shower over, sink, WC with high level wall mounted cistern with pull flush, heated towel rail, tiled floor and halogen spotlights. Glass brick walls on either side provide ample borrowed light from both the front and rear windows of the property.
To the immediate front of the house, at the foot of the stone steps, is a courtyard garden space, block paved with planted borders, apple tree, plum tree and under steps storage cupboard. There is also a further private garden area to the front with planted plots, block paving and a fully insulated summer house with power and light (used occasionally as a guest room).
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 2107431. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by MOV8 Real Estate, Scotland, Head Office. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.