3 bedroom detached house for saleThe Old House, Gornal Ground, Thwaites, Millom
Sold STC £425,000
- Superbly renovated Elizabethan farmhouse, by nationally renowned Conservationist, Rory Young.
- Original features; beams, lintels, flagged floors, antique court cupboard.
- Cobbled farmyard surrounded by traditional farm buildings.
- Tremendous potential for development of the buildings for ancillary accommodation, such as Guest Suite, Games/Theatre Room, Studios, Office, Workshop, subject to planning consent.
- Stunning, peaceful location, with wonderful views across farmland, and the Duddon Estuary towards Kirby Moor.
- Few minutes drive to the popular market town of Broughton-in-Furness.
- Suitable for hobby farmers, and for those with equestrian interests.
- Sitting Room, Dining Room, Farmhouse Kitchen, Utility, Three Bedrooms, Bathroom.
- Large stone barn, range of loose boxes, stores, workshop/studio, stables, former shippon.
- Excellent enclosure of pasture land, just under three acres. Additional land may be available.
Delightful, sympathetically restored Period Farmhouse, superb complex of traditional farm buildings within a courtyard, with potential to convert to ancillary accommodation. Gardens, grounds and 2 ¾ acre field. Fringe of the Lake District National Park. Stunning views.
From an easterly direction and Broughton-in-Furness proceed along the A595 over Duddon Bridge and after approximately 1 mile, after the sweeping left hand bend, take the first left into the private entrance drive to Gornal Ground.
From the west, following the A595, after about 1 mile from Hallthwaites turn right into the access lane at the top of the hill, just after Broadgate.
The Old House, Gornal Ground, nestles just east of the A595 Broughton-in-Furness to Hallthwaites Road at the end of a private access drive, approximately 1.5 miles west of Duddon Bridge and just south of the Lake District National Park boundary.
Ulverston is approximately 12 miles and Barrow-in-Furness.
There are many local services and facilities at Broughton-in-Furness with a supermarket at Millom, about 5 miles to the south.
The location and extent are shown edged red on the Sale Plan.
The sound enclosure of pasture land is just south of the access drive, extending to 2.89 acres [1.170 hectares].
The water supply and system for The Old House, Gornal Ground and the New House, is located near the easterly boundary of the field.
The whole of Gornal Ground, as described, is show edged red on the Sale Plan herewith and extends to about 3.96 acres [1.601 hectares].
The delightful, informal lawned gardens are behind and to the side of the farmhouse with a very fine display of flowering trees, shrubs and fruit trees, conifers and hardwoods.
Mains electricity. Private, shared water supply with the New House. Private septic tank drainage system. Oil fired central heating.
The freehold of the access drive is included in the sale and is subject to rights of access for the benefit of The New House, and farmland beyond.
This excellent, comprehensive range of traditional farm buildings presents a wonderful opportunity for conversion and change of use for a variety of purposes, subject to planning permission. Part of the buildings have been used as a workshop/studio for an upholstery business.
Prospective buyers must make their own enquires at the Planning Authority, details of which are contained in these particulars of sale.
The land is subject to an Entry Level Stewardship Agreement which expires on 31st December 2015.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33626778.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KEN140132. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael C L Hodgson, Kendal. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.