This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
7 bedroom house for sale
Birchen Lane, Lindfield, Nr. Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 1RY
- Superbly appointed family home
- Sought after private road
- 6/7 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- About 0.7 of an acre
- Haywards Heath station 1 mile
Chintings is situated in a private road on the western edge of the sought after village of Lindfield; well known for its picturesque and historic high street, large village green and pond.
Local amenities: Lindfield and the neighbouring town of Haywards Heath have a good range of local shops including bakeries, butchers, greengrocers and chemists, alongside more contemporary shops, together with amenities including a variety of restaurants, public houses, a health centre, well regarded primary schools and churches.
Comprehensive shopping: Haywards Heath, Brighton, Crawley and Tunbridge Wells.
Mainline rail service: Haywards Heath (London Bridge/Victoria from 42 minutes). www.southernrailway.co.uk
Schools: There are many highly regarded schools in the area, both state and private, including several primary schools, Oathall Community College, Haywards Heath Sixth Form College, Great Walstead, Cumnor House, Burgess Hill School for Girls, Hurstpierpoint College and Ardingly College. www.westsussex.gov.uk/ccm/navigation/education
Communications: The M25 orbital motorway can be accessed via the A23 to the west of Haywards Heath, linking to other motorway networks, Gatwick and Heathrow airports and the coast.
Chintings is a substantial family home, ideally situated within a good-sized plot in one of Lindfield's premier private roads; almost equidistant to Lindfield High Street and Haywards Heath mainline railway station. The property has been the subject of significant extension and improvement in recent years, resulting in a well presented, modern and spacious home, with light, bright rooms and features including wood block and natural stone tiled floors, replacement double glazing and a number of south facing rooms.
The accommodation is arranged over three floors, briefly comprising:
- A solid wood Turner style door opens to an entrance porch, from which a glazed door in turn opens to a spacious wood block hall, which is fitted with a range of bookshelves and storage cupboards.
- There are two reception rooms, including a triple aspect drawing room featuring an elegant carved stone fireplace with slate hearth and a family room.
- A large double aspect kitchen and breakfast room which has French doors leading to the garden and is fitted with a range of bespoke hand-painted units and a central island, complemented by stone worktops, a double butler sink and natural stone flooring. Appliances include a gas and electric Classic 110 Deluxe Rangemaster cooker, integrated Bosch dishwasher and a microwave and a built-in drinks fridge. Space for a freestanding American style fridge / freezer.
- Adjoining the kitchen to the rear of the house and with views down the garden is a superbly appointed, bespoke orangery made from English seasoned oak which was designed and constructed by Prime Oak Buildings Ltd. Natural stone floor, under floor heating and an impressive lantern skylight with vented openings.
- Downstairs cloakroom with WC.
- Good sized utility room, also with fitted units, coats cupboard and an inset sink with drainer and spaces for further appliances. Worcester boiler and cupboard housing an Utrasteel hot water tank.
- The master bedroom is double aspect with views over the garden and has an en suite shower room with suite including a double shower cubicle with drencher head, basin and WC. Natural stone floor with under floor heating.
- There are three further bedrooms on the first floor, all with fitted storage. Two of the bedrooms have wash basins and one also benefits from a recessed shower cubicle.
- Family bathroom with under floor heating, and suite including a contemporary style, freestanding bath and separate shower cubicle with drencher head. Built-in TV screen.
- Separate WC.
- Study/bedroom 7, with fitted cupboards and access to eaves storage.
- There are two further bedrooms on the second floor, both with eaves access, together with a shower room with basin and WC.
Chintings is accessed from Birchen Lane via a paved driveway, which offers parking for a number of cars. To the front of the property is an area of lawn, bounded to the front by a mature beech hedge. A side gate opens to the rear garden.
The delightful, well-established gardens are a particular feature of the property, extending to nearly three quarters of an acre and 300ft in length. An Indian sandstone terrace lies adjacent to the rear of the house, offering an attractive outdoor entertaining area. The remainder of the garden is largely laid to lawn, well enclosed by mature trees, hedging and fencing and interspersed with a number of trees and shrubs. A path winds down the eastern side of the garden, under a Wisteria clad arbour, to a timber summer house. To the far end of the garden is a screened area of garden, with fruit trees and potential for use as a kitchen garden.
In all, about 0.7 of an acre.
From our Haywards Heath office, proceed north down Perrymount Road, turn right at the roundabout into Sydney Road and at the next roundabout take the second exit into West Common. Turn left at the traffic lights into Summerhill Lane and at the mini-roundabout, proceed straight over into Portsmouth Lane. Birchen Lane is the first turning on the left hand side, and Chintings (number 9) can be found on the left hand side.