This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
9 bedroom house for sale
Webb Estate, Purley, Surrey
- State of the art technology
- 4 reception rooms & orangery
- Cinema, recording studio
- Indoor swimming pool complex
- 8 beds & 1 bed apartment
Glenacre is set in the renowned Webb Estate, originally farmland and now a residential estate maintaining its atmosphere of tranquility and isolation. Glenacre is within easy reach of Purley and 15 miles south of London, offering the best of country and city life. Purley provides pubs, restaurants, local shopping and a Tesco superstore. There are also sports and leisure facilities nearby, including Purley Sports Club, Woodcote Park and Purley Downs Golf Clubs.
Bluewater Shopping Centre, Whitgift and Centrale in Croydon and The Glades in Bromley.
Mainline Rail Service:
Purley (0.5 miles) to London Bridge (20 minutes) Waterloo East, Charing Cross, Victoria and Gatwick Airport.
Woodcote, Margaret Roper RC, Christ Church C of E, Beaumont and St Nicholas.
The John Fisher School, Thomas More RC, Wallington High and Woodcote High.
Independent Schools: .
Laleham Lea, Tudor Lodge, Lodge School, St David's and Surrey Hills.
The A23 Brighton Road leads to Junction 7 of the M25 with access to Dartford Crossing, Channel Tunnel Terminus, Ebbsfleet International, South Coast and Bluewater shopping centre, along with Junction 8 of the M23 to Gatwick Airport.
Glenacre is an outstanding family home, set in private and beautiful grounds within the exclusive Webb Estate. Constructed in 2007, this exceptional property has been built to Liberty Home's renowned high standard of quality and finish. It provides every comfort for luxurious modern family living, combining superbly elegant and spacious accommodation with state of the art entertainment and leisure facilities.
Points of note:
- High specification technology include opus multi-room entertainment system, CAT 5e capabilities, integral audio system. The security system includes CCTV, movement detectors, infra-red heat seeking monitors, vibration and knock entry devices and remote panic alarms.
- Marble flooring, ornate coving, multi paned and double glazed sash windows.
- Solid oak doors with beautiful detailed architraves provide a seamless connection between the rooms.
- Upon entry into Glenacre, the reception hall features a striking black and white marble floor leading to the centerpiece the impressive pure white marble bifurcating staircase with elegant iron balusters connecting to an oak handrail. The 2nd floor glass atrium with electric openers fills the staircase and reception hall with natural light and fresh air setting an appealing and welcoming environment. A beautifully fitted cloakroom and boot room are also provided.
- At the front of the house is the informal family room lending itself to a comfortable and relaxing environment.
- The grand drawing room is a more formal reception room benefitting from double bi-fold doors opening to the versatile sitting room, forming an excellent open plan area ideal for receiving and entertaining guests. The drawing room features a beautiful marble fireplace inset with remote control gas fire. Two sets of French doors open onto the rear upper terrace featuring fine views over the imposing formal gardens and beyond.
- The dining room provides a venue that is perfect for all dining occasions with a door link to both the drawing room and kitchen/breakfast room. It features a bay window flooding the room with natural light and central French double doors giving access to the rear upper terrace with compelling views over the grounds.
- The sensational kitchen/breakfast room is superbly appointed to provide plenty of space for informal entertaining. The kitchen has been meticulously designed and fitted by Mark Wilkinson with granite work surfaces. The central island unit extends to provide a breakfast table. It benefits from a full range of high quality integrated appliances, including Miele steam oven, coffee maker, dishwasher, deep fat fryer, Sub-Zero fridge/freezer and two Sub-Zero fridge drawers. Wolf range oven with 6 burners, wok, grill, Teppanyaki and double oven (with extractors over). Sub-zero wine fridge with two temperature zones. Cleverly designed to combine with the Orangery, providing a comfortable relaxed area and featuring a glass atrium with electric openers admitting an abundance of natural light. Sets of double French doors to both the rear of the kitchen and Orangery provide views over the gardens and access to the upper terrace, which can comfortably host an al fresco dinner party.
- Adjoining chef's kitchen also designed by Mark Wilkinson offers the luxury of extra cooking and storage space.
- A versatile self contained apartment is ideal for an au-pair, including a bedroom/sitting room (which is currently being used as a study) with oak flooring, shower room and a kitchen. Accessible via the kitchen and its own exterior door.
Lower ground floor
- The star feature of this fabulous home is the lower ground floor. The cinema room is a symbiosis of luxury and technology. Fitted with 18 reclining leather cinema chairs with integrated cup holders. Perforated screen, projector and Lutron lighting system.
- The state of the art indoor pool complex is also made for luxuriating. It includes swimming pool with electric cover, Jacuzzi, steam room, utility room with his and hers changing and showering facilities. Stylish glass-topped bar with fitted units. Integrated appliances include American fridge/freezer, microwave and coffee machine. There is a dance floor featuring disco and strobe lighting. It even has its own sound proof recording studio. Natural light cascades into the pool room though French doors which open onto the garden terrace.
- The grand first floor master suite has beautiful views across the gardens and beyond. It combines indulgence, comfort and privacy, including bedroom, dressing room and en suite bathroom.
- There are three further bedrooms to the first floor, each with their own well-appointed bathroom and fitted wardrobes.
- On the second floor, the flexible accommodation is presently arranged as four bedrooms (one of which has a private bathroom), family bathroom, kitchen/breakfast room and a communications room.
- The property is approached via electrically operated wrought iron gates that open onto a generous block-paved carriage driveway. Flanked by a variety of ornamental trees and shrubs with a raised central front lawn. In addition to the driveway parking is provided within the integral double garage and the attached double garage.
- The front doors sit beneath an impressive portico entrance with Georgian columns.
- The landscaped garden graces the rear of the property with a mixture of terraces, wide open lawns, formal beds, hedges, sculptures and tree screens. Truly a luxurious and elegant setting.
- A full width upper terrace with loggia is perfect for al fresco dining and enjoying the beautiful views over the garden and beyond. Steps to either side lead down to a generous paved sun terrace with a striking front water feature, lending the setting to exquisite tranquility. Adjoining open lawns reach out from the terrace edged with a beautiful array of mature shrubs, hedges and trees that provide privacy and seclusion.
- Part of the lower section of the garden has been bordered to provide a vegetable plot with greenhouse, garden shed and fruit trees.
- The garden also benefits from extensive lighting, an automated irrigation system, summer house and gardeners cloakroom.
From our Locksbottom office turn left onto Crofton Road. Turn right at the traffic lights then immediately left onto the A232 Croydon Road. Continue to follow the road for about 8ΒΌ miles, through Croydon and over the Croydon Flyover. Shortly afterwards, turn left onto the A23 Purley Way and follow this into Purley Town Centre. Go around the one-way system, passing the Tesco Extra on your left and take the third exit onto the A23 Banstead Road. Take the first left onto Woodcote Valley Road and then the first right onto Furze Lane. Take the first left onto Furze Hill going through the Webb Estate entrance gates. Glenacre can be found shortly on your left hand side.