Land for saleSquire Lane, Bradford
AN EXCITING RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY in sought after Chellow Dean. Adjoining Bradford Girls' Grammar School, close by Bradford Royal Infirmary. Detailed planning permission pending for the conversion of the main building to 13 apartments and the further development of 54 new build dwellings.
Site area extending to 3.44 acres (1.39 hectares)
For Sale by Private Treaty
Bradford Royal Infirmary adjoining / Bradford Girls Grammar School adjoining / Bradford City Centre 1 mile / Leeds Bradford International Airport 8 miles / M606 4 miles / M62 6 miles (All distances approximate).
Lady Royd is a magnificent early Victorian detached property originally built for the Illingworth family, founders of Listers Mill and the worldwide velvet manufacturing business which was in such high demand during the Victorian period. The property boasts many pleasing architectural features of the period including fine woodwork and marble fireplaces throughout.
During the last 75 years or so Lady Royd has been home to the Junior Department of Bradford Girls Grammar School, who over the decades have adapted and extended the accommodation within Lady Royd, making it suitable for academic occupancy.
Today, the availability of Lady Royd provides a wonderful opportunity for owner occupation or extensive residential development, subject to final consent.
In addition to the internal accommodation of Lady Royd which in itself extends to approximately 15,000 sq ft or thereabouts, there is the Victorian gated lodge house, together with an earlier detached cottage with range of stables and other outbuildings. In addition, there is a tennis court and extensive gardens and parking areas all within an idyllic sylvan setting.
The sale of Lady Royd provides excellent development opportunity within this established and sought after neighbourhood of Bradford.
Lady Royd is now a listed building of Special Architectural and Historic Interest. In addition, there is a Tree Preservation Order covering the whole site. During the last 12 months a detailed planning application has been submitted to the Local Planning Authority, City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council, Application No. 07/03806/FUL. The principal of residential redevelopment throughout the site including conversion of the existing Lady Royd building into 13 apartments has been agreed. In addition, Heads of Terms have been agreed for a draft section 106 agreement. The application for retrospective Listed Building Consent is pending. The Case Officer is Mr Mark Hutchinson, City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council, Planning Department, Jacob's Well, Nelson Street, Bradford BD1 5RW. Telephone 01274 434605.
All mains services are available either within or adjoining the site.
Last Cawthra Feather, Suite 24C, Josephs Well, Hanover Walk, Westgate, Leeds LS3 1AB. Telephone 0113 244 0876
Strictly by appointment with Sanderson Weatherall. Contact Mr David J Chary on 0113 221 6019 or email email@example.com
Misrepresentation Act 1967:
Sanderson Weatherall LLP for itself and for the vendor(s) or lessor(s) of this property whose agent it is give notice that:-
1. These particulars do not constitute any part of an offer or contract.
2. None of the statements contained in these particulars as to the property(s) are to be relied on as statements or representations of fact.
3. Any intending purchaser must satisfy himself/herself by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of the statements contained in these particulars.
4. The vendor(s) or lessor(s) do not make or give and neither Sanderson Weatherall LLP nor any person in its employment has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to the property.
5. None of the buildings services or service installations (whether these be the specific responsibility of the freeholder, lessor or lessee) have been tested and are not warranted to be in safe and working order.
Property Misdescriptions Act 1991:
Every reasonable effort has been made by Sanderson Weatherall LLP to ensure accuracy. Interested parties are strongly advised to take appropriate steps to verify by independent inspection or enquiry all information for themselves and to take appropriate professional advice.
Finance Act 1989:
Unless otherwise stated all prices and rents are quoted exclusive of V.A.T.
Sanderson Weatherall LLP
Registered In England company number OC 344 770.
Registered Office 25 Wellington Street Leeds LS1 4WG
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34320317.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 111914A_11914. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Sanderson Weatherall, Leeds. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.