5 bedroom semi-detached house for saleMoss Side & The Hideaway, Cow Brow, Lupton, Near Kendal, Cumbria
- An opportunity to purchase a substantial period home and freehold cafe premises with an established business.
- Excellent location with splendid views.
- The handsome main house offers three reception rooms and five bedrooms.
- Superb purpose built detached cafe premises.
- Established, profitable business with growth potential.
- Potential for the conversion of the cafe premises to an alternative use subject to requisite consents being obtained.
- Delightful gardens and grounds extending to around 0.86 acres including a car park.
- Prominent location on the main A65 Kendal to Kirkby Lonsdale road.
- Convenient for junction 36 of the M6 motorway and for the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales National Parks.
- A perfect live/work opportunity.
A fine and substantial five bedroom semi-detached former farmhouse together with modern, purpose built detached cafe premises and established business set in around 0.86 acres of gardens and grounds including a car park. Outstanding views.
Excellent, prominent location between Kendal and Kirkby Lonsdale convenient for the M6 motorway and the Lake District. Energy Rating "E".
Moss Side is a fine early 18th Century former farmhouse which was significantly extended in the early 19th Century. In more recent years the property has been much upgraded and improved to create a spacious and versatile family home of substantial proportions which is appointed to an excellent standard throughout.
The property includes modern detached, stylishly designed cafe premises with stone faced elevations under a slate roof and a wide balcony to the rear from where the magnificent views can be admired. The cafe is run as a successful business, seven days a week, specialising in light meals, lunches, beverages and functions. The sale of the property includes the business and the accounts are available for inspection with the owners. The business has excellent potential for growth with longer opening hours, evening meals and outside catering. The cafe is fully licenced.
The house and cafe occupy a generously proportioned site extending to around 0.86 acres of gardens and grounds including a car park. The views across open countryside towards the old Lancaster Canal and Farleton Knott are outstanding
From junction 36 of the M6 motorway proceed in an easterly direction on the A65 in the direction of Kirkby Lonsdale. At the roundabout take the second exit, continuing on the A65. The property will be found a little further along on the right-hand side, set back from the road by a layby.
The property occupies an attractive location forming part of the rural community known as Cow Brow. The property is about half a mile from junction 36 of the M6 motorway on the A65 Kendal to Kirkby Lonsdale road making it convenient for access to both towns as well as for Milnthorpe, Lancaster, the Lake District and beyond.
The cafe is prominently positioned and perfectly placed to take advantage of passing trade, especially for those travelling to and from the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales.
Amenities such as shops and schools are available at nearby Holme, Burton and Endmoor. The property is within the catchment area for Queen Elizabeth School at Kirkby Lonsdale.
Mains water and electricity. Each building has its own septic tank drainage. Moss Side has oil fired central heating. The cafe has gas fired central heating [bottled gas].
The cafe is open seven days a week between 9.30am and 4pm. It is mainly a family run business however additional part-time members of staff are employed including a full-time chef.
Copies of accounts can be made available for inspection with the owners at the property to genuinely interested parties only.
The cafe furnishings and equipment are available for purchase at a separately negotiable price.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34412085.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KEN140235. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael C L Hodgson, Kendal. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.