5 bedroom detached house for saleScruton Grange, Fleetham Lane, Scruton, Northallerton, North Yorkshire
Guide Price £625,000
Attractive detached grade II listed family home
• Enchanting Georgian accommodation (2497sqft) • 5 Bedrooms • 3 Reception Rooms • Traditional outbuildings providing stabling • Large gardens including enclosed courtyard garden • Tranquil rural location • Well fenced paddock extending to over 2 acres • Excellent communication links
Scruton Grange is a Grade II Listed Georgian farmhouse built of brick under a tiled roof. The property enjoys many period and traditional features that include tiled floors, sash windows with window shutters, stripped pine doors and open fireplaces. The property benefits from gas/LPG central heating, mains electricity, water and drainage is to a septic tank.
The accommodation comprises: front door, entrance hall, drawing room with an open fireplace, dining room that opens out into the living room, both enjoy open fireplaces with wood burning stoves, kitchen with bespoke oak fitted cupboards with granite worktops, an Aga with gas hobs and a stunning black slate floor, leading to the utility/boot room. Finally, there is a good size ground floor shower room. Stairs lead to the first floor that comprises: 3 double bedrooms and a family bathroom. Stairs lead to the second floor that comprises: two further double bedrooms.
4.27m x 3.94m (14' 0" x 12' 11")
4.38m x 4.25m (14' 4" x 13' 11")
4.17m x 3.13m (13' 8" x 10' 3")
6.18m x 3.67m (20' 3" x 12' 0")
3.64m x 2.87m (11' 11" x 9' 5")
5.48m x 4.29m (18' x 14' 1")
4.28m x 3.98m (14' 1" x 13' 1")
4.16m x 3.13m (13' 8" x 10' 3")
7.93m x 3.98m (26' 0" x 13' 1")
7.93m x 5.87m (26' 0" x 19' 3")
A traditional single storey brick built barn has been converted to provide 2 loose boxes and a large store. There is also a log store attached to the property along with a tack room.
You enter the property via an electric 5 bar gate. There is a large block paved drive and parking area leading to the front of the house overlooking a sweeping lawn. To the rear is a secluded and well sheltered garden with two decked patios.
To the front and side of the property is a 2 acre paddock that is well fenced and bounded by a mature hedge. There is also a timber field shelter in the paddock.
Scruton Grange enjoys a wonderful setting located in some beautiful countryside on the edge of the charming village of Scruton, situated towards the upper end of the Vale of York close to the county town of Northallerton and is only a five minute drive from the A1(M). The village supports a Public House (The Coore Arms), a cricket club and the nearby village of Kirkby Fleetham has a Post Office, village shop, a Church of England primary school and a gastro pub, (The Black Horse). The nearest train station is at Northallerton on the East Coast mainline to London’s Kings Cross; this is a fifteen minute drive with trains running regularly to London taking approximately 2.5 hours.
Just twenty minutes west of Scruton is the gateway to the Yorkshire Dales with Wensleydale and Swaledale particularly accessible. The area is renowned for its tourism, farming and interesting history being a haven for the countryside lover and those who enjoy both outdoor pursuits and field sports. The A1(M) connects to all the principle commercial centres of the North East including Leeds, York, Harrogate, Darlington and Newcastle.
HORSE RACING Catterick, Thirsk and Ripon
GOLF COURSES Bedale, Masham & Romanby
Primary Kirkby Fleetham and Morton on Swale
Secondary Bedale, Northallerton and Richmond
Private Preparatory schools at Aysgarth, Cundall Manor, and Queen Mary’s. Public schools at Ampleforth, Sedbergh and Barnard Castle.
Take the A684 running between Bedale and Northallerton. A mile east of Leeming Bar take the turn signposted to Scruton. Continue through Scruton and after approximately half a mile you will see Scruton Grange set back from the road on the right handside marked by a George F White sale board.
Hambleton District Council, Civic Centre, Stone Cross, Northallerton, North Yorkshire, DL6 2UU
Tel: 0845 1211 555
North Yorkshire County Council, County Hall, Northallerton, North Yorkshire, DL6 2UU
Tel: 0845 8 72 73 74
George F White for themselves, and for the Sellers of the property whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. These particulars are set out as a general outline only, for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. Prospective Purchasers and Lessees ought to seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, areas, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representatives of fact, but must satisfy themselves with inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of George F White has any authority to make or to give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract on behalf of the Sellers.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
5. Descriptions of the property are subjective and used in good faith as an opinion and NOT as a statement of fact. Please make further specific enquiries to ensure that our descriptions are likely to match any expectations you may have of the property.
This brochure was designed in May 2012.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34455124.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 2378728. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by George F.White, Bedale. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.