This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
6 bedroom detached house for sale
Abingdon Road, Dorchester-On-Thames, Wallingford
- Four Bedrooms & Three Bathrooms
- Annex with Two Bedrooms
- Garden Room with Vaulted Ceiling
- Gardens Over Half an Acre
- Parking for Numerous Vehicles
- Stunning Views Towards Wittenham Clumps
PRICED TO SELL - With stunning views across open countryside towards Wittenham Clumps is this desirable detached property with separate annex. The property has been extended and now provides well-proportioned living accommodation and delightful garden of over half an acre.
PRICED TO SELL - Situated in the desirable village of Dorchester-on-Thames is this delightful detached property, with separate annex, boasting stunning views of open countryside towards Wittenham Clumps. The property has been extended and enhanced by the current owners and now benefits from four bedrooms and three bathrooms in the main residence with a further two bedrooms and bathroom in the self contained annex. A garden room with vaulted ceiling leads out to the well tended garden which has been carefully landscaped and provides a large and thriving vegetable area, small orchard, and space for greenhouse and chicken coop. With parking for numerous vehicles to the front and within easy access to Wallingford, Abingdon and Oxford, early viewings are recommended to appreciate this individual property.
Door to front. Doors to both sitting room and inner hall to family room. Understairs cupboard. Stairs rising to first floor. Radiator.
Two double glazed windows to both front and rear aspects. Brick fireplace with wooden mantle, stone hearth and inset cast iron wood burner. Bespoke book selves with cupboards beneath. Door to kitchen. Opening to dining area. Radiators.
Double glazed window to front aspect. Range of wooden wall and base units with work surfaces over. 1 1/2 bowl sink and drainer unit. Inset electric oven with gas hob and extractor over. Integrated dishwasher. Integrated fridge with freezer space. Tiled to splash prone areas. Laminate wooden flooring. Dining area with french doors leading to the terrace and overlooking the garden. Glazed door to garden room. Further door to utility room and cloakroom.
Double glazed window to side aspect. Large storage cupboard. Space and plumbing for both automatic washing machine and separate tumble dryer with work surface over. Laminate wooden flooring. Door to cloakroom. Door leading to covered and gated wood store area which provides access to front, side and rear.
Double glazed window to side aspect. WC and wash hand basin. Tiled to splash prone areas. Wall mounted central heating boiler. Laminate wooden flooring.
A delightfully light and airy room which provides wonderful views of the garden and countryside beyond through the vast double glazed panels. Two velux windows to both sides of the vaulted beamed ceiling along with a glazed apex. Stone flooring. Radiator. Door leading to the garden terrace.
Leading to family room, shower room, and bedroom four. Cloak cupboard.
Double glazed window to side aspect and skylight above. Kitchenette area comprising; Wall and base units with inset stainless steel sink and drainer unit and integrated fridge. Radiator. Double glazed french doors leading out to further terrace area.
Double glazed window to front aspect. Radiator.
Double glazed window to rear aspect. Shower cubicle with Mira shower. Wash hand basin and WC. Tiled to splash prone areas. Radiator.
Landing & Library Area
Stairs rise and turn from the ground floor. Large space with unspoilt views across to Wittenham Clumps. Double glazed window to rear, with velux windows to both front and rear. Large range of storage cupboards. Further linen cupboard. Radiator.
French doors to a balcony allow this master bedroom to enjoy the delights of the garden and panoramic views beyond. Velux window to front. Two ranges of built in wardrobes. Delonghi wall heater. Door to ensuite.
Velux window to side. Suite comprises; Bath with Mira shower over, wash hand basin and WC. Storage cupboard with shelves over. Tiled to splash prone areas. Extractor fan. Tiled flooring. Dimplex wall heater. Radiator.
Double glazed window to rear aspect overlooking the garden, with Velux window to side. Built in wardrobes. Wash hand basin. Radiator.
Double glazed window to side aspect with Velux window to front. Built in wardrobe. Wash hand basin. Radiator.
Velux window to side aspect. Suite comprising; Bath with Triton shower over, wash hand basin and WC. Tiled to splash prone areas. Dimplex wall heater. Radiator.
To the front of the property is a large paved driveway providing parking for numerous vehicles. This terraced style driveway is surrounded by flower beds, mature shrubs and trees. Gated access to the side of the property through the wood store.
A large terrace spreads across the rear of the property providing an ideal entertaining space. An expanse of lawn is interspersed with mature trees, shrubs and carefully planted flower beds. A potting shed leads to a quiet corner where the stunning views of Wittenham Clumps can be enjoyed at its best. An archway leads to a large and flourishing vegetable garden with small orchard, compost area, greenhouse and chicken coop.
This completely self contained annex has its own entrance door to front. The hallway leads to the main living space. This area comprises a kitchen with a range of matching wall and base units, stainless steel sink and drainer, space for cooker, automatic washing machine and fridge/freezer. Dining area has double glazed window overlooking the private and enclosed garden of the annex. A light and airy living area has double glazed french doors leading to the patio area. The main bedroom has a double glazed window to the front along with storage and airing cupboard. Bedroom two has a double glazed window to the side and storage cupboard. The bathroom comprises; Bath with Mira shower over, wash hand basin and WC, along with heated towel rail, Dimplex wall heater and extractor fan. The property is serviced by electric storage heaters and benefits from laminated wooden flooring in every room except the bathroom.
The annex garden is surrounded by a beech hedge giving privacy and seclusion from the main house, although with gated access to the vegetable garden. There is a bike shed and store to the front of the property with gated side access to the garden and useful shed.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.