6 bedroom detached house for saleRew Lane, Wroxall, Ventnor, Isle of Wight, PO38
Guide Price £1,995,000
- Period 6 bedrooms house
- 3 separate holiday cottages
- Traditional barn with planning consent for function room
- Farm buildings
- Productive and attractive pasture land
- Ancient woodland
- Available as a whole or in two lots
- About 180 acres
- EPC Rating = F
This attractive residential farm is available as a whole or in two lots and comprises about 180 acres of pasture land and woodland as a whole. The views from the top of the farm are some of the best on the island reaching as far as the hills surrounding Winchester.
Span Farm is situated in the beautiful Rew Valley, on the south eastern edge of the Isle of Wight. An area designated for its outstanding natural beauty.
The nearby towns of Ventnor and Shanklin offer a plethora of local shops, schools, Churches, and local public houses.
The Isle of Wight measuring 23 miles by 13 miles and lying just off England's South Coast boasts award-winning beaches, unspoilt and spectacular scenery and a rich historical heritage. Cowes has a high-speed passenger and car ferry service to Southampton. From Southampton there are fast rail services to London Waterloo and the M3. There is also a frequent car ferry service from Yarmouth to Lymington and a catamaran connection between Portsmouth Harbour and Ryde Pier Head. Portsmouth also offers a car ferry to Fishbourne
Span Farm is an attractive residential farm, comprising about 180 acres of pasture land and woodland. The views from the top of the farm are some of the best on the island reaching as far as the hills surrounding Winchester.
Lot 1 comprises Span Farmhouse, three holiday cottages, farm buildings and 9.67 acres of pasture land, woodland and a pond.
Lot 2 comprises farm buildings and a further 168.8 acres of grassland and woodland.
The period house has 6 bedrooms over three floors, and several period features. The house benefits from stunning views across the Rew Valley. The holiday cottages provide an extra income to the farm.
There are several modern farm buildings, split over two farm yards which provide a good base for a stock farming operation.
There is a separate farm office and traditional barn which has recently been re-roofed and has planning consent for use as a function room.
The farm has an extensive set of converted outbuildings and modern farm buildings. These are detailed on the block plan on the back page of the brochure and are referenced to the numbers below. The farmhouse is detailed as building 1.
1. Farmhouse - (sleeps 9 people) 3 reception rooms, kitchen and utility room, 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms on the 1st floor with 2 further bedrooms on the 2nd floor.
2. Shepherds Cottage - (sleeps 2) Kitchen/sitting room, downstairs shower room, spiral staircase and 1 double bedroom upstairs.
3. Well House - (sleeps 4 - 2 adults and 2 children) Open plan kitchen and sitting room with a wood burning stove, downstairs shower room. Upstairs there is 1 double bedroom and 1 bunk room.
4. Garden Cottage (sleeps 6 people) Downstairs there is a double bedroom with en-suite shower room, children's room with bunk beds, 1 further double bedroom and a separate family bathroom. Upstairs there is a large kitchen and sitting room with doors leading out onto decking which looks over the farmland.
There is a mixture of modern and three phase electric and water. One of the farm buildings has a 10Kw solar array on the roof which provides electricity for the farmhouse and holiday cottages. The buildings comprise:
5. A 4 bay open fronted hay barn, with chalk floor, fibre cement roof and adjoining dog kennel.
6. A 4 bay modern barn, steel and wood frame, concrete floor, fibre cement roof and roller shutter door. The barn comprises 8 separate open bays which are currently used for storage, a commercial laundry room for the holiday lets, sheep feed store and adjoining WC.
7. The small barn is used as a workshop and has roller shutter doors, block walls, a concrete floor and fibre cement roof.
8. A large modern 5 bay double span machinery store, with concrete floor, block and fibre sheet walls, a fibre cement roof and roller shutter door.
9. A traditional stone barn with new slate roof and planning permission for use as a function room.
10. A modern shed with 6 bays of wooden construction with concrete floor, fibre cement roof and two central feed passages, which opens onto a concrete pad.
11. Open fronted 5 bay Hay barn constructed from corrugated iron, and fibre cement roof.
Span Farm comprises about 180 acres of land. This consists of about 135 acres of undulating pasture and about 38 acres of woodland. The land is currently grazed with a flock of 'Easi Care' sheep.
The parcel of mixed deciduous ancient woodland was planted by Capability Brown and contains some 200 year old Beech Trees. There are also a number of woodland strips across the farm which are within the English Woodland Grant Scheme (EWGS). There has been a small family shoot on the farm which will benefit from the recent planning under the EWGS.
Basic Farm Payment Entitlements are currently claimed on the land. The owner will make all reasonable attempts to transfer 56.95 entitlements to the buyer of the land.
The woodland is entered into an English Woodland Grant Scheme.
Easements, Wayleaves and Rights of Way
The purchaser should satisfy themselves as to the extent and location of any easements, wayleaves or rights of way. In particular, there is a BOAT (Byway Open To All Traffic) which runs up to the Stenbury Trail at the north of Span Farm. Span Lodge has a right of access along the edge of the farmyard in lot 2.
The vendor is retaining the telecommunications mast on Stenbury Down and will retain a right of access for the maintenance and repair of the mast.
Any guide prices quoted or discussed are exclusive of VAT. In the event of a sale of the estate or any part of it, or any right attached to it becoming a chargeable supply for the purposes of VAT, such tax would be paid for in addition to the purchase price.
The property is offered freehold with Vacant Possession subject to a grazing license on part of the farm which expires in September 2015.
Mains water, electricity, oil and private drainage.
Council Tax - Band E (£1,854.68).
Energy Performance Certificates
Span Farmhouse F
Harvesters Cottage D
Brewhouse Cottage D
Stable Cottage D
Isle of Wight Council, Centre County Hall, High Street, Newport, PO30 1UD
Tel: 01983 821000
Fixtures and Fittings
All items usually denoted as fixtures and fittings including garden furniture, ornaments, statuary, light fittings, fitted carpets, and curtains are specifically excluded from the sale.
The property is to be sold with an overage clause which will permit the vendor to claim 25% of annual income relating to the development of a wind or solar energy scheme (which is not roof top mounted) and which is undertaken within a period of 25 years from the date of completion.
Footner & Ewing Solicitors, 50 The Hundred, Romsey, SO51 8XH
Tel: 01794 512345
Postcode PO38 3AU
Strictly by appointment with Savills
Square Footage: 2,000 sq ft
Acreage: 180 Acres
From Cowes, head south west on Union Road, turn right onto
Park Road / B3325 and follow for approximately 1 mile. At the
roundabout take the 1st exit and continue along B3325. At the
junction, fork right onto the A3020 towards Newport. Follow for
approximately 5 miles through Newport. Just past Mole Valley
Countrystore, turn right and continue along the A3020. At the
roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto St. John's Rd/B3327 to
Wroxall. Turn right in Wroxall onto West Street, continue out of
the village, up the hill and turn left onto Rew Lane. Span Farm
can be found on the right hand side.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34693758.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference WNS130124. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills Rural Sales, Winchester. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.