5 bedroom detached house for saleEquestrian Facility, Spexhall, Halesworth, Suffolk
- The Farmhouse: A stunning Grade II listed 17th century farmhouse, Kitchen/breakfast room, Utility, Shower/wet room, Entrance hall, Study, Dining/sitting room, Snug, Office/library, 4/5 (truncated)
- Grooms Cottage: Kitchen/dining room, Sitting room, Bedroom, Shower room, Utility room
- Competition quality 60m x 60m fully drained all weather surface arena with lights, judging box, spectator's area, viewing mounds, steps complex and canter track
- Principal livery yard with 9 insulated and drained boxes including foaling box, rug room, 2 tack rooms, feed room and hay barn, Adjoining yard with 6 boxes and separate Tack room, 2 quara (truncated)
- In all about 14 acres
Grove House Farm can be used as both a home with fantastic equestrian facilities, or a business with further scope for development.
Most recently used as a livery yard the equestrian facilities are some of the finest privately available in North Suffolk.
The farmhouse which is accessed via a well maintained gravel and tree lined driveway, sits centrally within the land and offers good quality accommodation including a superb kitchen/breakfast room which has an oil fired aga, wooden work surfaces and bespoke units.
The house retains some delightful period features whilst being suitable for modern living and the accommodation is light and free flowing. There are 3 wood burners, both within inglenook fireplaces and there are some charming areas of exposed timber framework. Upstairs there are superb views over the property's grounds and the surrounding farmland.
The stable yards, barns and outbuildings are situated to the north and North West of the house and have been well maintained.
The 60m x 60m fully flood lit all weathercurrently split in a 20x 60 arena and a 40x60 arena with post and rail fencing.
To the south east of the house the winter turnout area is adjacent to a number of paddocks which have post and rail fencing, field shelters and a water supply.
Immediately surrounding the southern side of the house are areas of formal and informal garden with some delightful boxed hedging, mature trees, shrubs and flower beds which are private and secluded.
To the eastern side of the property is a canter track and a substantial hardcore standing area for about 20 lorries plus an additional car parking area.
The facilities are extremely well laid out with a well thought through complex of gates, internal roadways and fencing.
To the north of the house is a one bedroom groom's cottage which would also be suitable as an annexe or holiday let.
It has been well finished and has a substantial kitchen/dining room, with separate living room and offers flexible accommodation.
Grove House Farm is situated on the outskirts of Spexhall, a small village about 3 miles to the north of Halesworth, a traditional market town with an excellent range of local amenities and local schooling. Halesworth also provides a regular train service to Ipswich which in turn provides a regular
service to London.
Virtually equidistant are the traditional towns of Bungay and Beccles, both of which have an excellent range of shops and restaurants.
Southwold, an extremely popular coastal town is about 10 miles to the east and offers some excellent restaurants and pubs along with coastal walks.
In the surrounding area there are a number of
bridle paths making it an equestrian friendly area.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34742232.html?premiumA=true
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference NOR150058. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Strutt & Parker, Norwich. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.