3 bedroom detached house for saleLittle Pickthall Ground, Broughton Mills, Broughton-In-Furness, Cumbria
- Superbly renovated to a high, sympathetic standard.
- Many original features retained.
- Completely rewired and replumbed, including air source heat pump. New water storage tank and sewage treatment plant.
- All window frames replaced with double glazed timber units.
- New roof purlins, chimney stacks and external lime pointing.
- Lean-to converted to a Kitchen/Breakfast Room with much character.
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room; Open Plan Lounge/Dining Room with a wonderful southerly aspect.
- Entrance Hall; Utility; Cloakroom with W.C; Three Double Bedrooms; Bathroom.
- Substantial stone and slate detached Barn with former Planning Consent for conversion.
- Stone Garage/Store; Front Garden; Kitchen Garden and Grounds.
A tastefully refurbished Period Farmhouse with excellent range of traditional outbuildings. Superb, elevated site with stunning far reaching views. Potential to convert the outbuildings into ancillary accommodation. Broughton-in-Furness, with many facilities and amenities is a short drive.
Energy Rating 'E'.
From the centre of Broughton-in-Furness, following the signs for Torver and Coniston, after approximately 1.5 miles north of Broughton, bear left signposted Broughton Mills.
Continue along the road and at Lane End Farm, turn left. Follow the road to the valley bottom and after Croglinhurst farmstead, turn right. Continue up the hill, passing a property on the left. The entrance to Pickthall Ground is near the top of the incline, on the left before the sign for Hawes.
Proceed along the tarmacked entrance drive. At the top of the drive, just before the entrance to Pickthall Ground Farm, bear right on to the track leading to Little Pickthall.
The precise location and extent are shown on the sale plan within these particulars.
Little Pickthall Ground, and nearby Pickthall Ground Farm, occupy a spectacular elevated site on the upper slopes of the Lickle Valley, to the west of Broughton Mills.
Little Pickthall Ground can be seen from the road leading from Broughton-in-Furness to Broughton Mills, below the far westerly horizon.
The busy and popular market town of Broughton-in-Furness is within approximately ten minutes drive. The shores of Coniston Water and the Heart of the Lake District are within reasonable driving distance.
The property is ideally located for all local walks, with public rights of way to the adjacent Dunnerdale Fells, including Great Stickle (visible from the property) and Stickle Pike which feature in Alfred Wainwright's 'Outlying Fells of Lakeland' and offer panoramic views over the South West Lake District.
Pleasant grounds between the outbuildings and the house, including extensive car parking facility.
Ash and sycamore trees.
Under ground water storage tank, capacity 5,000 litres adjacent to the source for the natural water supply.
Detached block and stone built Outhouse for the purification system for the water supply and water pressure vessel.
Pleasant enclosed lawned garden to the front.
Wall gardened to the east of the outbuilding with lawns and shrubs.
Stone and slate Outbuilding, formerly an earth closet and a Pig Hull, at the far end of the walled garden.
Spring-fed private water supply. Mains electricity. Air source heat pump supplying domestic hot water including for underfloor heating. Bio-Pure sewage treatment plant draining into an underground soakaway. No shared services.
FIXTURES, FITTINGS & FURNISHINGS
All fixtures are included. All fittings referred to in these particulars are included. All other items of furnishings and effects are excluded.
Little Pickthall Ground has the benefit of rights of access over the access drive from the public highway at the entrance gate. The access drive is owned by Pickthall Ground. Little Pickthall Ground does not contribute towards the maintenance of the access drive.
All viewings are to be accompanied by a representative of the agents staff. Please contact our Kendal office.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34804938.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KEN130130. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael C L Hodgson, Kendal. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.