5 bedroom property for saleFleet Holme, Lowgill, Kendal, Cumbria
Offers in Region of
- Stunning attractive, peaceful location on the westerly bank of the majestic river Lune, a haven for bird and wildlife.
- Substantial, eighteenth Century period farmhouse, "extended" in 1923, three reception, two kitchens, utility, office, five double bedrooms, two bathrooms.
- Superb range of traditional and modern farm buildings with some development potential for the stone barn.
- Meadow and pasture land to the north and south of the farmstead, alongside the river.
- Half of the river bed, co-extensive with the land is included. The fishing rights are excluded.
- Conveniently located for Kendal and the M6, junctions 37 and 38.
- Wonderful opportunity for either hobby farmers, those with equestrian interests and for those wanting a "lifestyle".
- Additional land, about 20 acres adjoining the easterly boundary available by separate negotiation.
- Inspection of this magical, idyllic, country retreat is highly recommended to fully appreciate the virtues of the location and attributes of the house and buildings.
An exceptional, picturesque small farm next to the river Lune nestling under the backdrop of the Howgills. Extensive farmhouse, excellent range of farm buildings. Meadow and pasture land, about 25.04 acres [10.13 hectares]. Energy Rating "F".
Lowgill can be approached either via the Kendal to Sedbergh, A684 road or the Kendal to Appleby Road, the A685.
Following the A685 in a north-easterly direction from the town, continue through the village of Grayrigg. After approximately two miles, at the top of the hill, just before Tebay gorge, turn right, signposted Sedbergh. Follow the road under the motorway and railway line and the lane to Lowgill, which is signposted, is the first turning on the left.
From the direction of the A684, just after the M6, junction 37, turn immediately left, signposted Beckfoot. Follow the road for approximately 2.5 miles to the hamlet of Beckfoot and at the end of the road, just before the stunning viaduct, next to the Crook of Lune, turn left and take the first right onto the lane to Lowgill.
Follow the lane and just over the railway bridge, the entrance to Fleet Holme is the first on the right over the cattle grid.
The access lane is included in the freehold title and is subject to rights of access for the benefit of the residential property just before the farmstead, known as Burr Barn.
The location and extent are shown edged red on the Sale Plan herewith. The whole extends to about 25.04 acres.
Lowgill is the extremely pleasant and attractive area between the river Lune and the main West Coast railway line, just north of the Crook of Lune bridge, under the Howgill fells to the north-east.
Fleet Holme is within ten minutes drive of Kendal with all the associated amenities and facilities.
The M6, junction 37 is within a few minutes drive to the south and junction 38 at Tebay about ten minutes to the north.
Immediately south of the farmhouse and farmstead, is an excellent enclosure of meadow land adjacent to the River Lune extending to about 9.33 acres. The river bank drops gently down to the river with a variety of hardwood trees.
Just west of this enclosure, with an access from the meadow, is an enclosure of pasture land extending to 2.27 acres.
There is a triangular field of meadow land, beyond the meadow and pasture with frontage to the river Lune, extending 1.96 acres.
The remainder of the land is comprised in two enclosures of meadow and pasture land to the north of the farm buildings next to the river Lune. The field immediately adjacent to the farm buildings, field number 4285, extends to 3.32 acres. The northern most enclosure 4300, is 3.43 acres. There is an ethylene pipeline through this field.
The riverbank, which is separately fenced, slopes gently down to the riverbed.
The whole of Fleet Holme, as described, as shown edged red on the attached plan is comprised in the following schedule:
Adjoining and to the north of the entrance drive, and to the west of the farmland, is approximately 20 acres of sound pasture land. This is in separate ownership, but is available by private negotiation, if required, by the buyers of Fleet Holme. Further details can be available.
Vacant possession on completion.
Private water supply, from a spring with a storage tank situated on land in separate ownership.
Private septic tank drainage system located in the orchard.
Oil fired central heating.
The freehold of the access drive, as shown on the sale plan is included in the sale and is subject to rights of access for the benefit of the residential property towards the end of the entrance drive, known a Burr Barn. The drive is also subject to rights of access for agricultural purposes for the land to the north and south of the entrance drive in separate ownership.
A Fishing Club owns the fishing rights.
One rod is reserved to the sellers within the triangular field being field number 1649, the southernmost enclosure.
FIXTURES, FITTINGS, FURNISHINGS, FARM MACHINERY AND EQUIPMENT
All fixtures are included.
All fittings referred to in these particulars are included.
All fitted carpets, curtains, curtain rails and light fittings are included.
All other items of household and personal effects are excluded.
All farm machinery, equipment and materials are excluded.
There are no entitlements to the Basic Farm Payment Scheme available.
There are no existing Environmental Stewardship Schemes.
Strictly by appointment. Please contact our Kendal Office.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34844925.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KEN150158. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael C L Hodgson, Kendal. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.