This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
7 bedroom detached house for sale
Bushloe End, Wigston Magna, Leicestershire, LE18
- Detached House
- Needs Modernisation
- Seven Bedrooms
- Excellent Potential
- Building Plot
- Lot 2 - Building Plot
- Planning Consent
- Potential For Other Uses
For Sale by Private Treaty
An opportunity to acquire a substantial seven bedroomed detached property located in the centre of Wigston Magna. Also available is a building plot benefitting from planning consent for the erection of a two-storey dwelling.
Built in 1909 the former Vicarage comprises a substantial detached property of brick and slate construction with accommodation arranged over three floors. The property occupies a prominent location and is in need of general modernisation and improvement. Also available is a building plot with detailed planning consent for the erection of a detached two storey dwelling. The overall property is offered for sale as a whole and in two separate lots.
The successful purchaser of the building plot will be required to demolish the existing store/garage attached to the Church Hall which will create an improved access to the property.
Wigston Magna itself lies on the southern edge of Leicester and is conveniently located for access to the City Centre itself and to the motorway network (via Junction 21 of the M1).
Excellent shopping facilities are available both within Wigston Magna itself and at Fosse Park, Leicester.
The Vicarage - Lot 1
With accommodation arranged over three floors, the property is in need of general modernisation and upgrading but offers the potential to create a substantial family home in the centre of this popular residential area. The overall Vicarage plot is shown edged red on the attached plan and extends to 672sq m (803 sq. yds.) or thereabouts.
The property has been partly re-roofed and the attic rooms partly renovated.
The property's accommodation comprises : -
Pair of timber front entrance doors with stained glass panel over, leading to :
With tiled floor containing mat well, front door with leaded glazed panels and glazed panel over, leading to :
Tiled floor, cloaks hanging area under stairs.
4.25m(13'11'') x 4.25m(13'11'') (incl. alcove)
Picture rail, fireplace with timber mantle and surround and gas fire. Fitted cupboards to either side. Sliding sash windows to side and rear elevation.
4.92m(16'2'') x 4.30m(14'1'')
Picture rail, fireplace with timber mantle and tiled surround and hearth. Bay window with sliding sash casements to rear elevation and sliding sash window to side elevation.
5.20m(17'1'') x 4.24m(13'11'')
Bay window with sliding sash casements to rear elevation and sliding sash window to side elevation. Fireplace with timber mantle and surround with tiled back and hearth.
Leading to rear door and kitchen wing. Quarry tile floor, under stairs cupboard.
W.C. corner wash hand basin, window to side elevation.
2.34m(7'8'') x 1.96m(6'5'')
Window to side elevation.
3.67m(12'0'') x 5.91m(19'5'')
3.07m(10'1'') x 4.18m(13'9'')
Walk-in cupboard, window to front elevation and door to side.
Stairs From Hall
Half landing with sliding sash window with leaded lights.
2.87m(9'5'') x 1.46m(4'9'')
Sliding sash window.
4.27m(14'0'') x 3.92m(12'10'')
With fireplace with stone surround and mantle, green tiled back and hearth, picture rail, built-in cupboards, 2 sliding sash windows to side elevation and 1 sliding sash window to rear elevation.
4.91m(16'1'') x 3.92m(12'10'')
With built-in wardrobe, pair of sliding sash windows to rear elevation.
5.21m(17'1'') x 4.26m(14'0'') max
With pair of sliding sash windows to rear elevation, radiator, built-in cupboard.
Built-in cupboard, window.
2.85m(9'4'') x 2.24m(7'4'')
Built-in cupboards, window.
W.C. (not connected) and window.
3.93m(12'11'') x 3.22m(10'7'')
Window to side elevation, built-in wardrobe and small cupboard.
4.33m(14'2'') x 2.99m(9'10'')
With fireplace with marble effect surround and mantle, pair of sliding sash windows, tented ceiling.
Stairs To Second Floor
With half landing.
Under eaves storeroom.
3.46m(11'4'') x 2.88m(9'5'')
With tented ceiling, window, access to eaves.
2.87m(9'5'') x 3.88m(12'9'')
With tented ceiling, window, access to eaves.
Tarmac surfaced entrance drive with parking forecourt.
Enclosed yard to rear with range of outbuildings as follows : -
Lean-to store (3.72m x 1.38m)
Open fronted store with corrugated roof
Toilet (0.93m x 2.31m)
Store with brick floor (2.31m x 2.30m)
Potting shed with brick floor (2.51m x 2.30m)
To the rear of the property there is a lawned garden area and a further area of overgrown garden.
Fixtures & Fittings
Fixtures and fittings mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale - all other items regarded as owner's fixtures and fittings may be removed.
Energy Efficiency Rating
Environmental Impact Rating
Plan Of Property
For information purposes only - not to scale.
Crown Copyright 2009. All rights reserved, Licence number 100020449.
Prospective purchaser's attention is specifically drawn to the Agent's Notice at the end of these particulars, with particular regard to the fact that none of the appliances or services have been tested. In particular, prospective purchasers should be aware that there is no functioning central heating system within the property and it is understood that the gas supply is not currently connected.
Building Plot - Lot 2
Available with the sale of the Vicarage or as a separate lot is a building plot lying to the rear of the Vicarage.
Full planning consent for the erection of the two-storey dwelling was granted on 15th November 2011 (Application Ref. 11/00336/FU).
The site boundary was slightly amended as a non-material amendment (Ref: 12/00158/NMA). The permission is subject to a Section 106 Agreement which requires a payment of £1,959 (plus indexation) in lieu of public open space.
The overall site area for the plot extends to 864 sq. yds (723 sq. m.) or thereabouts and is shown edged green on the attached plan.
The accommodation provided by the consented dwelling is as follows : -
Entrance hall, guest cloakroom, living room, kitchen/dining room.
Landing, master bedroom with en-suite, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 and family bathroom.
The proposed property has a gross internal floor area of 1,242 sq ft. (723 sq. m.) or thereabouts.
Copies of the Planning Decision, Section 106 Agreement and plans of the property are available from the selling agents on request.
Conditions Of Sale
The property/ies will be sold subject to the following conditions : -
1. The property shall not be known by any name which implies an Incumbent is in residence.
2. The purchasers and their successors shall not object to the ringing of the bells at the Parish Church, cause a nuisance to the congregation attending Divine service, or use the property/ies for illegal or immoral purposes.
3. The purchaser/s and their successors shall not object to the use of the Church Hall or its grounds for church purposes (including fetes etc.) and shall not cause a nuisance or annoyance to the users of the Church Hall.
4. The purchaser of the building plot shall, within 12 months of completion of the sale, undertake the following work :
- demolition and removal of the existing store/garage attached to the Church Hall, bricking up/making good the western elevation wall of the Church Hall (including the bricking up of the existing site entrance door) - the work shall be carried out in accordance with the specification to be agreed with the Diocesan Surveyor.
- Construct the entrance driveway to serve the building plot and the land to the rear of the Vicarage (in accordance with the specification to be agreed with the Diocesan Surveyor).
5. The building plot and the Vicarage shall be subject to restrictive covenants/development uplift agreements designed to ensure that the properties remain as single private residences.
6. The purchaser of the Vicarage shall erect and thereafter maintain a boundary fence along the boundry between the Vicarage and the building plot (specification to be agreed).
Rights Of Way
A right of way along the new driveway will be reserved for the benefit of the uses of the Church Hall as an emergency and maintenance access. The purchasers of the Vicarage will also be granted full rights of access over the driveway.
The property offers potential (subject to planning and other consents) for conversion to other uses including offices, surgery or residential subdivision.
Prospective purchaser advised to make enquiries of the Local Planning Authority.
The Vicarage (Lot 1) £300,000
Building Plot (Lot 2) £95,000
Lots 1 and 2 £395,000
Viewings And Directions
Viewings should be arranged through the Agents, Andrew Granger & Co. on 0116 242 9922.
From Leicester itself, proceed south along the A5199 (Welford Road). On entering Wigston this becomes Bull Head Street. At the traffic light junction with Newton Lane and the B582, turn right along the B582 (Moat Street towards South Wigston). On reaching the Parish Church, proceed straight on at the mini island and the property will be found on your left hand side clearly identified with an Andrew Granger & Co. For Sale board.
Andrew Granger & Co is a trading name of Andrew Granger & Co LLP; Registration No. OC316917.
Registered office: Phoenix House, 52 High Street, Market Harborough, Leicestershire LE16 7AF.
Andrew Granger & Co for themselves and for the vendors / lessors of this property whose agents they are give notice that:-
1. Prospective purchasers / tenants should note that no statement in these details is to be relied upon as representation of fact and prospective purchasers / tenants should satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the accuracy of the statements contained. These particulars do not form part of any contract.
2. Please note that no appliances, services or installations have been tested and no guarantee as to condition or suitability is confirmed or implied. Prospective purchasers / tenants are advised to obtain verification from their surveyor or solicitor.
3. All measurements mentioned within these particulars are approximate.
4. No person in the employment of Andrew Granger & Co has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars nor enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the vendors / lessors.
Andrew Granger & Co LLP for themselves and for the vendors / lessors of this property whose agents they are give notice that:-
1.Prospective purchasers / tenants should note that no statement in these details is to be relied upon as representation of fact and prospective purchasers / tenants should satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the accuracy of the statements contained. These particulars do not form part of any contract.
2.Please note that no appliances, services or installations have been tested and no guarantee as to condition or suitability is confirmed or implied. Prospective purchasers / tenants are advised to obtain verification from their surveyor or solicitor.
3.All measurements mentioned within these particulars are approximate.
No person in the employment of Andrew Granger & Co LLP has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars nor enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the vendors / lessors.