This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
3 bedroom detached house for sale
- A charming split level cottage plus detached self-contained
- Just a stones throw from Salcombe harbour.
- Beautiful gardens plus parking.
- Sitting room with exposed roof trusses.
- 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- Studio with bedsitting room, kitchen area and wet room.
Kingsbridge 6 miles, A38 Devon Expressway 15 miles, Totnes 18 miles (Paddington about 3 hours)
SITUATION AND DESCRIPTION
Salcombe is renowned as a sailing and boating centre, located beside one of the loveliest estuaries in the South West with miles of sheltered water and fine sandy beaches on either side towards its mouth. The popular town has an excellent range of shops, pubs and restaurants.
This attractive and unusual property is located at the foot of Robinsons Row, a pretty pedestrian lane which leads off Fore Street in the centre of town. The main cottage has split level accommodation making excellent use of the space available and is tastefully fitted out to a particularly high standard with good quality fittings and finishes throughout. In the beautifully landscaped garden behind the cottage there is a detached single storey studio which provides ideal accommodation for visiting guests and independently minded members of the family.
Features of the main cottage include a well proportioned sitting room with vaulted ceiling and exposed roof timbers, a beautifully fitted and equipped kitchen/breakfast room and a truly sumptuous family bathroom.
There are views of the harbour from the terrace at the top of the garden.
Entrance through an archway to a stone paved courtyard with steps leading up to an upper terrace with part-glazed door opening to:-
An attractive room well lit by French doors opening onto garden and an east facing window with a view through trees to the harbour. Base and wall units with granite effect round edge surfaces and inset porcelain sink. Smeg range cooker with extractor hood. Smeg microwave. Maytag dishwasher. Recess housing Maytag American style fridge/freezer. Pull out larder cupboard. Built-in wine rack. Fireplace with stripped pine surround and mantle, stone hearth and fitted with woodburning stove. Archway with two steps down and oak door leading to:-
With roll top bath having mixer hand shower fitting. Pedestal wash basin. WC. Ceramic tiled floor with underfloor heating. French windows opening onto Juliet balcony.
Approached by a flight of stairs from the kitchen/breakfast room and with a further flight of stairs leading to the lower floor. A nicely proportioned room with a vaulted ceiling and exposed roof trusses and timbers. South facing window overlooking courtyard. North facing window. Built-in cupboard with display shelving above. Thermaskirt skirting radiators.
Shuttered windows on either side. Freestanding Laura Ashley wardrobe. Night storage heater.
South facing shuttered window. Freestanding Laura Ashley wardrobe. Night storage heater.
South facing shuttered window. Night storage heater.
Tiled walls and floor with underfloor heating. Shower. Wash basin. WC.
Double French doors opening to:-
Also lit by east facing window and two velux windows. Tiled floor. Sloping ceiling with two mezzanine display/potential sleeping platforms. Recessed shelving.
Fitted with base cupboards and drawers and granite effect round edge work surfaces, incorporating breakfast bar, with inset porcelain sink. Built-in Neff electric oven and four ring ceramic hob. Plumbing for washing machine. Integrated fridge. Night storage heater.
With tiled floor and walls with electric underfloor heating. Shower. Wash hand basin. WC.
The property is approached from Robinsons Row through an metal gated archway into an attractive stone paved courtyard providing parking facilities.
With built-in cupboards containing gas-fired combination boiler.
Steps lead up past the side of the store to the garden, terrace and entrance to the house.
This has been beautifully laid out and is bordered and terraced by natural stone walls. There is a gravelled and slate paved sun terrace which is a real sun trap and has a retractable awning. Steps lead up from here through a stone retaining wall to a lawn which has well stocked flowering shrub borders and palm tree.
The upper garden can also be approached through a gate from Robinsons Row and contains another immaculate lawn with shrubs and small trees including an apple tree. A paved terrace at the top of the lawn provides a very pleasant sitting out area from which one can view part of the harbour. At the top of the garden is a small potting shed and a pine corner cupboard. A further small storage shed is located beside the lower terrace.
Mains water, drainage, gas and electricity. Part central and part electric heating systems.
Planning permission has been granted for a conservatory extension.
The house is in Council Tax Band D and the Studio is in Council Tax Band A.
South Hams District Council, Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes, Devon TQ9 5NE. Tel: 01803 861234.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS
All items in the written text of these particulars are included in the sale. All others are expressly excluded regardless of inclusion in any photographs. Purchasers must satisfy themselves that any equipment included in the sale of the property is in satisfactory order.
Strictly by appointment with the agents, Marchand Petit. Telephone 01548 844473.
Robinsons Row is situated opposite our office and runs off Fore Street. Le Temps Perdu is the first property on the right as you enter Robinsons Row.
1. These particulars are for guidance only. They are prepared and issued in good faith and are intended to give a fair description of the property, but do not constitute part of an offer or contract.
2. Any description or information given should not be relied on as a statement or representation of fact that the property or its services are in good condition. Neither Marchand Petit, nor any of its employees, has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to the property.
3. The photographs show only certain parts and aspects of the property at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances given are approximate only.
4. Any reference to alterations to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any regulations or other consent has been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending purchaser.
5. Descriptions of a property are inevitably subjective, and the descriptions contained herein are used in good faith as an opinion and not by way of statement of fact. If any points of particular importance need clarifying before viewing, please do not hesitate to contact our office.