This property has been removed by the agent.It may be sold or temporarily removed from the market View similar properties
5 bedroom house for sale
Granville Road, Sidcup, Kent
- 3/4 reception rooms
- 5 bedrooms
- Landscaped garden
- Garage, in and out driveway
- 0.3 acres
Newbigging is set within the Granville residential road. It is situated only 0.2 miles to the High Street, providing local amenities, including a supermarket as well as local pubs and restaurants. It is also blessed with being only 0.5 miles to Foots Cray Meadows, holding 97 hectares of parkland and woodland. Waring Park, which is only 0.3 miles away provides sporting facilities, including tennis courts, football pitch and cricket pitch.
Comprehensive Shopping: Bluewater Shopping Centre and The Glades in Bromley.
Mainline Rail Services: Sidcup (0.7 miles) to London Bridge (25 minutes), Waterloo East, Charing Cross, Cannon Street and Greenhithe (for Bluewater).
St Mary Cray (3.2 miles) to London Victoria (25 minutes), Blackfriars, City Thameslink and Ashford International.
Primary Schools: Birkbeck, Orchard, St Peter Chanel Catholic, Holy Trinity Lamorbey C of E, Longlands, Burnt Oak Juniors, Chatsworth Infants, Royal Park and Midfield.
Secondary Schools: Cleeve Park, Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar, Beaverwood, Kemnal Technology College, Marlborough and Bexley Grammar.
Independent Schools: Eltham College, Colfe's, Farringtons, St Olave's Prep, Babington House, Bromley High, Harenc, Merton Court, West Lodge and Benedict House Prep.
Motorway Links: The A20 Sidcup Bypass leads to Junction 3 of the M25 and Junction 1 of the M20, giving access to Gatwick and Heathrow Airports, Channel Tunnel Terminus, Ebbsfleet International, the South Coast and Bluewater shopping centre.
Newbigging, dates back to the early 20th Century, benefitting from an array of original period features, whilst still offering accommodation in superb condition. The property boasts a delightful rear garden, that is deceptively quiet. Set back from a residential road, the property is suitably located for Sidcup mainline rail station and local amenities.
Points of note:
- Period features include multi-pane sash windows, doors, coving, cornicing, dado rails, picture rails, high ceilings, bay windows, ceiling roses and fireplaces.
- Porch, with double doors open onto the reception hall, attributing a detailed fireplace, and galleried landing. The inner hall gives direct access to the rear garden and the adjoining downstairs cloakroom.
- The principle reception rooms are well proportioned and allow flexible accommodation. The open plan double aspect dining room and drawing room are ideal for entertaining. The drawing room features an attractive fireplace with marble hearth, inset with gas. A generous bay window incorporates double doors opening onto the adjoining conservatory. Ideally situated to the rear of the property it enjoys charming views over the rear garden, whilst also giving direct access. The inviting family room allows plenty of natural light through a bank of windows.
- Utility room comprises original wall and base units with work surface. Space for fridge, freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- The open plan kitchen and breakfast room has been thoughtfully designed, with it being partially divided. The double aspect kitchen comprises comprehensive range of base units, with wall display units. Pelmet lighting and granite effect work surface. Fitted sink incorporates waste disposal unit. Integral appliances include NEFF hob (with extractor over), NEFF oven and fridge. Space for dish washer. Side access door. The breakfast room comprises an attractive dresser and exposed brick work, which is partly recessed with display lighting.
- Adjacent to the kitchen is a walk-in-storage room, ideal for use as a pantry.
- The master bedroom overlooks the rear garden and features a charming fireplace. The well appointed en suite comprises tiled floor, pedestal wash basin, recessed spotlights, double shower with separate shower attachment, W.C. and heated towel rail. Under floor heating. It has additional access via the hall, providing the option to be used as an additional family bathroom.
- There are four further bedrooms, one of which benefits from a built in vanity unit with wash basin, ideal for when guests are staying. One of the bedrooms features a fireplace, like that of the master bedroom, while another comprises fitted wardrobes and draw units.
- The family bathroom with a Victorian style cast iron bath with separate shower attachment, with shower over. Under floor heating.
- A separate W.C. completes the first floor accommodation.
- The front of the property is approached over an in and out driveway, providing further parking for up to four cars. To the perimeter is a low level brick wall, with mature evergreen bushes and planted beds. This provides the property with a combination of both security and privacy.
- An attached garage offers parking for one car, with an electric up and over door, power, and light. A door to the rear gives access to the rear garden.
- Pedestrian access to the rear via a side gate.
- To the rear is a most delightful garden, with a generous terrace area, to enjoy alfresco wining and dining. A good sized area of lawn, with an additional area beyond the row of conifers for different means of use. The garden is very well stocked with mature evergreen bushes, trees and flower beds. A charming rockery forms part of the terrace, with a well groomed topiary hedge separating the terrace from the lawn.
- Two sheds lie to the extended rear.
- Outside security lighting and wall points. Outside water point.
From our offices in Locksbottom turn right onto the A232 Crofton Road. Continue to follow the road, heading onto station road. At the roundabout go straight over onto Spur Road. At the traffic lights, (end of the road) turn left onto the A224 Court Road (Orpington Bypass). Continue to follow the road for 3Â½ miles heading onto Crays Avenue and Sevenoaks Road. At the next roundabout (Crittall's Corner, junction with A20), go straight over onto Crays Road (A224) and continue to the next set of traffic lights. At the end of the road, turn left onto Sidcup Hill (A211). Continue up the hill, taking the fifth turning on the right onto Knoll Road. Drive past Merton Court Preparatory School (on your right), go straight across the mini roundabout onto The Drive. Take the second left onto Highview Road. At the end of the road turn right onto Granville Road. Newbigging, number 24 can be found shortly on the left hand side, just before the road is crossed by St Johns Road.