11 bedroom character property for saleIslington Green, Tilney All Saints, King's Lynn
- Grade II Listed period home
- Beautifully presented throughout
- Impressive ballroom
- Up to 11 bedrooms, six en-suite
- Opportunity to create a wedding venue
- Wonderful gardens approaching 4 acres (STMS)
A magnificent Grade II Listed Hall, with many exemplary features. The spacious beautifully presented accommodation extends to in excess of 8000 sq ft with up to 11 bedrooms, 6 of which are en-suite. The gardens and grounds extend to approaching 4 acres (STMS).
Islington Hall is a magnificent Grade II listed property with the original house dating from 1619. The property was then enlarged in 1780 and has most recently undergone a significant programme of upgrading. This programme has been undertaken by the current owners who have a created a gracious country home with beautifully presented and flexible accommodation spread over three floors.
Islington Hall is a magnificent Grade II listed property with the original house dating from 1619. The property was then enlarged in 1780 and has most recently undergone a significant programme of upgrading. This programme has been undertaken by the current owners who have a created a gracious country home with beautifully presented and flexible accommodation spread over three floors. The property stands in mature gardens and grounds which extend to around four acres (STMS) and include some fine Yew trees, a walled garden with summer house and a small paddock. Internally the accommodation extends to in excess of 8000sqft and the reception rooms include an impressive ball room, drawing room, formal dining room, family kitchen/breakfast room as well as an orangery and former ice house. The layout of the accommodation would readily allow for the original western portion of the house to be closed off to create a self-contained property having its own kitchen with adjacent sitting room and office, its own hall with front door and staircase to the first floor where the landing can be divided from the main landing.
On the first floor there are up to eight bedrooms, five of which are en-suite and the master bedroom also includes a dressing room. The accommodation is completed on the second floor with two separate staircases raising to provide access to one bedroom with adjacent bathroom, and two further bedrooms one of which is used as a cinema room (the equipment within this room can be bought by separate negotiation), and a shared bathroom. Throughout the property there are many exemplary features not least the plaster relief in the ball room, or the wide main hallway with 'flagstone' floor which runs along the southern aspect of the main house and the fantastic kitchen/family room which provides the real hub of the home. This property is presented beautifully throughout and offers a fantastic opportunity to create a boutique country house hotel or wedding venue subject to any necessary planning consent.
The property is accessed from the road via a long tree-lined approach which sweeps around to a wonderful circular driveway with central island. The driveway is flanked by lawns providing ample parking in front of the property. At the western end of the house there is front access to a garage which has an internal door to a workshop and the rear gardens beyond which lie to the south of the house. The primary garden is partially walled and has a sun terrace running along the length of the property. The sun terrace opens out onto to a beautiful lawn with magnificent Yew trees and a large water feature overlooked by small timber summer house. This water feature currently lies redundant but could readily be re-instated. At the foot of this garden a five-bar gate leads into another spacious garden with magnificent high red brick walling creating a full surround. The wall encloses a large expansive lawn with sun terraces, raised planters and a number of young fruit trees. In the north eastern corner of this garden there is a fantastic "summer house" of timber construction and decked area currently comprising a living room with kitchenette, shower room and a room housing a day bed with double doors out to the front aspect. A second set of gates lead from this area of garden out to the eastern aspect where there is a small paddock enclosed by hedging with another gate leading back out to the main drive. In total the gardens and grounds extend to just under four acres (STMS).
Please be aware that there is a public footpath that runs along the drive and the eastern boundary of the property.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SEQUENCE (UK) LIMITED NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Show fastest broadband speed at this postcode Top broadband speed within this postcode Finding the fastest speed... Up to Compare broadband deals
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference ZK1100824. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by William H. Brown, Norwich - Select Homes. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.