5 bedroom detached house for saleHeadley House, Joss Lane, Sedbergh, Cumbria
- An outstanding detached stone and slate house of impressive proportions, originally constructed in the 1920's to a high specification in the Arts and Crafts style;
- Skillfully and sympathetically extended, upgraded and improved to create a beautifully appointed and attractively presented family home;
- Three Reception Rooms and a stunning Conservatory;
- Superb handcrafted Clive Christian Kitchen with Aga stove;
- Five good sized Bedrooms, the Master Bedroom and the Guest Bedroom having En-Suite facilities;
- Luxurious family Bathroom;
- Hardwood framed double glazed windows and gas fired central heating;
- Many character features including stone mullioned windows, slate and oak flooring and beamed ceilings;
- Garage/Gymnasium, Utility Room and Cloakroom;
- Fabulous south facing landscaped gardens in a beautiful setting.
An outstanding detached stone built house of impressive proportions, comprehensively and sympathetically upgraded and improved to create a superbly stylish and beautifully appointed five bedroom family home together with fabulous gardens, ample parking and a garage,
occupying a prestigious location in the Yorkshire Dales town of Sedbergh.
Coming into Sedbergh from the direction of the motorway along the A684 proceed into the centre of the town along Main Street. Turn left at the market place into Joss Lane. Follow the road up the hill and then round to the right. Continue follow the road to eventually find Headley House on the right-hand side.
Headley House occupies a discreet location in one of Sedbergh's most prestigious areas, situated within walking distance of the town centre and the surrounding fells. the historic market town of Sedbergh, famous for its private school and it's bookshops, is located within the Yorkshire Dales National Park and is about a ten minute drive from junction 37 of the M6 motorway.
The property is also well placed for access into the Lake District and for Kendal, Penrith, Lancaster and Kirkby Lonsdale.
Gated, stone flagged driveway with turning area providing ample off road parking for several motor vehicles.
The house is set within a generously proportioned plot, screened by Beech hedging and fencing featuring a beautiful landscaped rear garden with several stone paved patio terraces linked by paved pathways together with wide, well stocked herbaceous borders, lawn and a delightful summerhouse. Beyond the rear garden is a cleverly screened area where there is a shed.
On one side of the house is a further stone paved patio with a hot tub and a wood store.
To the front of the house is a walled garden with an interesting array of shrubs and trees.
All mains services. Gas fired central heating.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-35351487.html?premiumA=true
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference KEN130377. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Michael C L Hodgson, Kendal. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the maximum possible speed. Broadband speed may be lower at peak times and can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. The information is provided and maintained by comparethemarket.com
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.