5 bedroom semi-detached house for saleProspect House, Middleton Road, Sadberge, Darlington, Durham
Sold STC £399,500
Full descriptionGentleman's Edwardian residence with land
• Spacious and well appointed family house • Elegant reception rooms with fine detail • 5 Bedrooms including en-suite master • Large garage block with tack room • Pleasant gardens to three sides • Easy access to A66
Prospect House enjoys an elevated position overlooking meadowland towards the A66 on the edge of the popular village of Sadberge a few miles to the east of Darlington. Despite its proximity to the A66 Sadberge retains its charm as a village located around a number of country lanes leading to neighbouring villages. Benefiting from a local shop, nursery school and village pub, the village retains a very good community spirit. The A66 is accessed within minutes allowing a very short commute to Darlington or onwards to the A1(M).
To the east Stockton and Middlesbrough are just a few miles away. The nearest train station is at Darlington on the east coast mainline to London’s King’s Cross; this is a fifteen minute drive with trains running regularly to London taking approximately 2.5 hours. In addition, Teesside Airport is just ten minutes away.
The North York Moors are easily accessed via the A19 for those who enjoy outdoor pursuits; Teesside shopping park and the multiplex cinema complex are a short distance to the east. For those who enjoy the coast wonderful sandy beaches at Redcar, Marske by the Sea and Saltburn by the Sea can be reached within half an hour.
The area is served well by a selection of good quality state and private schools. In particular, Yarm School achieves outstanding results on a regular basis.
From Darlington take the A66 heading towards Stockton on Tees. Turn off the A66 heading towards Sadberge and follow the road into the village. Turn right towards Middleton St George and you will see the property set back from the road on the left hand side just before you leave the village, marked by a George F White sale board.
Prospect House is a wonderful example of Edwardian architecture benefiting from large well appointed reception rooms including features such as ceiling roses, architraves and panelled doors. The oldest part of the house has 17th Century origins dating back to the original “Busby Cottage”. Surrounded by its own gardens there is a sense of space wherever one goes at Prospect House. Some of the original sash windows remain but there is also double glazing and gas central heating and the property is fortunate enough to be on mains gas.
The accommodation itself comprises: a reception hall, drawing room with bay window, dining room, sitting room, large kitchen with adjoining conservatory, rear porch/boot room and utility room, downstairs cloakroom and vaulted cellar. The first floor boasts a good size landing with a master bedroom featuring large fitted wardrobes and an en-suite shower room, two further generous double bedrooms, two single bedrooms and a family bathroom. The loft is boarded out and is accessed via a drop-down ladder.
4.29m x 3.78m (14' 1" x 12' 5")
5.23m x 3.96m (17' 2" x 13' )
5.84m x 4.57m (19' 2" x 15' )
4.57m x 2.82m (15' x 9' 3")
3.71m x 2.82m (12' 2" x 9' 3")
5.18m x 4.27m (17' x 14' 0")
4.50m x 4.09m (14' 9" x 13' 5")
4.50m x 1.65m (14' 9" x 5' 5")
4.09m x 4.04m (13' 5" x 13' 3")
7.01m x 5.87m (23' x 19' 3")
An in and out drive passes either side of a grass island with a wonderful horse chestnut tree, leading up to the house and substantial garage block. There are gardens, largely laid to lawn with rose bushes to the front and side of the property with views south over the paddocks. The enclosed rear garden is more private and plans have been drawn up to recreate this garden should a new owner choose to do so. Currently much is laid to lawn with various flower beds and there is an old brick stable which has been converted into a potting shed with a dog run.
There is a well drained paddock bounded by post and rail fencing extending to approximately 0.75 Ha (1.85 Ac), with a timber stable and a manège available by separate negotiation.
Darlington Borough Council
Town Hall, Darlington, County Durham, DL1 5QT
Tel: 01325 380 651
Durham County Council
County Hall, Durham, County Durham, DH1 5UL
Tel: 0300 123 7070
George F White for themselves, and for the Sellers of the property whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. These particulars are set out as a general outline only, for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute, nor constitute part of an offer or contract. No responsibility is assumed for the accuracy of individual items. Prospective Purchasers and Lessees ought to seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, areas, reference to condition and necessary conditions for use and occupation and other details are given in good faith, and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers should not rely on them as statements or representatives of fact, but must satisfy themselves with inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of George F White has any authority to make or to give any representation or warranty whatsoever in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract on behalf of the Sellers.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by intending purchasers in inspecting properties which have been sold, let or withdrawn.
5. Descriptions of the property are subjective and used in good faith as an opinion and NOT as a statement of fact. Please make further specific enquiries to ensure that our descriptions are likely to match any expectations you may have of the property.
This brochure was designed in November 2011.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-35680802.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Property reference 2322609. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by George F.White, Bedale. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.